PDA

View Full Version : How Much Of A Germaphobe Are You?

Dino Velvet
08-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I worked in gyms and night clubs for years and learned how dirty(literally) some folks are. I'm not crazy about shaking hands with people. If I have to I usually wash my hands after immediately. Also, when leaving any public bathroom I always use the towel to open the door and throw it away in the next available wastebasket. I also wash off the knobs on the sink before using it.

I'm a little inconsistent since I'm the same guy with a BPHDHs list and the shit gets filthy.

Stavros
08-23-2012, 03:03 AM
You can go mad if you think about it too much, but some things similar annoy me. I was member of a local gym, membership only, not huge, but the staff did what they could to keep it clean, and there were notices asking people to clean up any mess which I did after using various machines. But once I approached an exercise bike and it was literally dripping with the former occupants sweat, he had just walked off, it was disgusting. Toilets in public places are a big let-down in the UK, even in places like Starbucks, and some Pubs which look fine inside are a colossal let down in the toilet -no hot water, no dryer that works or paper napkins, cubicles littered with 'stuff'...and I can't count how many men I have seen use a urinal and walk straight out without washing their hands, I mean, you can't even touch the door handle without the risk of feeling something moist- but if you say something you run the risk of an earful of abuse or worse. Yet that same man is where? What is he touching? But as I say, if you think about it too much, you would either go mad or carry hygiene equipment with you, and then others might think you mad. At least in some food courts these days there is a biological spray to clean hands with.

Dino Velvet
08-23-2012, 03:34 AM
You can go mad if you think about it too much, but some things similar annoy me. I was member of a local gym, membership only, not huge, but the staff did what they could to keep it clean, and there were notices asking people to clean up any mess which I did after using various machines. But once I approached an exercise bike and it was literally dripping with the former occupants sweat, he had just walked off, it was disgusting. Toilets in public places are a big let-down in the UK, even in places like Starbucks, and some Pubs which look fine inside are a colossal let down in the toilet -no hot water, no dryer that works or paper napkins, cubicles littered with 'stuff'...and I can't count how many men I have seen use a urinal and walk straight out without washing their hands, I mean, you can't even touch the door handle without the risk of feeling something moist- but if you say something you run the risk of an earful of abuse or worse. Yet that same man is where? What is he touching? But as I say, if you think about it too much, you would either go mad or carry hygiene equipment with you, and then others might think you mad. At least in some food courts these days there is a biological spray to clean hands with.

I'm sure you've seen some things to curl your toes in other countries too.

I've seen people do an hour of cardio and start dripping all over the machine without cleaning it. If I'm using the machine I'll let him know as politely as possible to clean his mess.

danthepoetman
08-23-2012, 03:57 AM
What’s disgusting is disgusting; no argument from me. And some people are real pigs. I generally try to avoid taking a crap in public toilets. But for germs, I don’t worry. I trust my natural resistance, my antibodies and my general constitution to resist them, every bit as much as I trust it for resisting viruses. And I almost never catch anything. I think sometimes, if you keep yourself in an aseptic environment, you don’t let your body create the resistance it needs. I find there’s a difference between the possibility of being affected by germs or viruses and normal hygiene. You must be conscientious with the latter, and not be obsessed with the former…

Lovecox
08-23-2012, 05:23 AM
I'm totally afraid of Germans!