PDA

View Full Version : How often should a solo website update?

Wendy Summers
08-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm finally getting back to ahead of my production schedule so I started to poke around the various solo websites to see who's work I dug so I could blog about it. I had always assumed solo websites should be updating weekly, but as I looked around I was surprised to see the many of the solo websites either aren't keeping a consistent update schedule or they looked like they were taking 2-4 weeks between updates.

How often do you realistically expect an update on a solo website? I have no intention of changing my update schedule, but I'm curious what expectations folks who get memberships to solo websites have?

jennieh
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
I will give you two answers. The first is due to the fact that I think you are hot. Update as frequently as possible.

The business oriented answer. Smaller, more frequent updates will keep you subscriber base.

Quiet Reflections
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
once a week would be nice but twice a month is the least I would expect.

lifeisfiction
08-20-2012, 09:42 PM
You bring up a very good question. I would love if they website was updates everyday, but it comes down to how much material can you create. The attractiveness for a solo website is interaction and material more personal to the fans. On the other hand a company website can produce material every day or twice a day. That being said, I think a website's goal is to have as many updates it consistently put a month. 2 or 3 times a week ideal (I would upload photos on the ealier part of the videos on another part of the week if the material was too time consuming or expensive to produce). The worst thing is to have gaps that make it unpredictable or to have a website that rarely updates. The more a person updates the more attractive it is to a potential buyer. I am sure I could make more suggestions, but thats my thought.

Wendy Summers
08-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I will give you two answers. The first is due to the fact that I think you are hot. Update as frequently as possible.

The business oriented answer. Smaller, more frequent updates will keep you subscriber base.

Lolz. Like I said I have no plans to reduce my current update schedule. I add a matched photo set and HD Video each week and then add a bonus video or photo set twice a month. I'm actually considering a third bonus update each month since I'm developing a backlog of extra content.

jennieh
08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
That should keep us happy.

martin48
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
From a business psychology perspective, if you pay monthly for sometime you want to see the benefits several times a month - once a week is a minimum, better if you can update every 5-6 days as this confuses the customer into thinking "more often than weekly"; whereas once every 3 weeks, gets read as monthly. Little and often is best as in most things in life. Always tease with a "coming soon" thumbnail. There are lots of good business models to maximise income from pay websites.

I'm finally getting back to ahead of my production schedule so I started to poke around the various solo websites to see who's work I dug so I could blog about it. I had always assumed solo websites should be updating weekly, but as I looked around I was surprised to see the many of the solo websites either aren't keeping a consistent update schedule or they looked like they were taking 2-4 weeks between updates.

How often do you realistically expect an update on a solo website? I have no intention of changing my update schedule, but I'm curious what expectations folks who get memberships to solo websites have?

GroobyKrissy
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Personally, I think that a site should update as frequently as it claims. I don't have any problem with a site that updates only once a month AS LONG AS IT STATES THAT.

I do have a problem with sites that say they update weekly but don't, especially solo sites. It is bad for the site, bad for the business in general, and puts a bad taste in peoples' mouths for other solo sites.

Generally speaking, I think a responsible site owner will inform potential Members what they can expect. Obviously things pop up here and there that may affect the update schedule but that's life.

COMMUNICATION is key.

Willie Escalade
08-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Two updates a week...that's ideal with me.

It seems a lot of these gals with solo sites don't want to put much effort into keeping them going, I know of at least four sites that haven't been updated in months. And trust me...I KNOW it takes time AND money to have that site, especially of you're doing it on your own.

onmyknees
08-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Wouldn't your expectations be guided by the price per month? That is to say if you're paying 19 bucks a month, you might not expect weekly updates...however if you're plunking down 35/month....you'd better be getting something new every week.

TSMichelleAustin
08-21-2012, 02:33 AM
I update every week, unless something happens but I tell them something happens on my site and bring it back up to speed!

ew86riv
08-21-2012, 06:00 AM
for me personally, if you're a solo site with no extra subscriptions to other sites included then more often is better. if you're part of a network of girl's sites then less is fine bc the updates u don't provide can be provided other girls.

LibertyHarkness
08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
generally weekly ...... at least once a week .. but thats the low end ...

mysite is revamping at moment with new frontend and back end ... and it will update 2 to 3 times a week .... 2 pro shot scenes and 1 amateur scene i shoot myself ....

as mentioned if not part of a network or other multipass network then really content is king ... joanna jet updates twice a week with solo and hardcore ... which is impressive for a solo site to do ..