PDA

View Full Version : Telling your friends and family you're girlfriend is a Transwoman

MHarrigan82
08-16-2012, 06:07 AM
I have been dating this cool transwoman name Tiffany since the first of June. We are dating exclusively now. My parents live 10 hours and three states from where I stay. I only see my family maybe two or three times a year. My family is very religious and close minded. I know that they would not understand me dating a transwoman. I don't even like bringing my genetic girlfriends around my mom because she ask my girlfriends a 100 questions do they go to church, drink, smoke etc. My last two girlfriends (gentic women) that I dated, I did not even introduce to my folks. To the guys that have had long term relationship with transwomen when did you tell your family. I think if we are still dating a year now, I will tell my family.

Lirking
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
my parents are oblivious towards my dating life, no matter who i'm dating. I think they only ever officaly met one long term gg girlfriend i had. They've seen me with ts before but was just basic introductions and they didn't know.

LAGent4ts
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Just curious, is your girlfriend insisting that you make it known to your family that she is a Transgendered woman? I think that unless she wants the info known, it's really nobodys business but yours and hers. Just thinking out loud.

Quiet Reflections
08-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Your mother sounds cool, sure the questions are annoying but at least you know she cares. Imagine she didn't ask her anything,you would be bitching how she doesn't care about the people in you life.

giovanni_hotel
08-16-2012, 02:47 PM
The relationship between you and your significant other should be the priority, not how well she integrates with your family.

If meeting your mom is integral to your romantic relationship then do what you have to do. But if you know it's going to be a clusterfuck from the word go, I would focus more on the girl I was with.

I'm not going to call my own mother a bigot, but if I was ever in a LTR with a transwoman, there's no way she would be able to process that. It's a fight or argument I would never win with her.

So personally my efforts would be more focused on building up my relationship with my girl and if that means separating from my family to a degree, so be it.

Some ladies on here have argued that it's an insult to them if you are unwilling to introduce your significant TG other to your family. It's not that for me, just admitting that any positive expectations of such a meeting on the part of my hypothetical SO is a pipe dream.

If my family loves/hates the person I love is irrelevant.

But I do agree if you're in a LTR, avoiding your family indefinitely is impossible. At some point there would have to be that 'moment'.

For those whose loved ones would be accepting of whoever they are with are truly blessed IMO.

archineer
08-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Mine are (luckily) accepting, but then I don't care what they think anyway.

amberskyi
08-16-2012, 06:49 PM
meeting family and friends is very important to me.if im with someone i want to know all there is to know about you.your family is a big influence and part of who you so naturally i want to meet yours and want you to meet mines.i no longer date guys who arent willing to do that.
my last ex was my first boyfriend to ever bring me around his peoples and truly made me feel like a normal girl.it was awesome to see where and from whom he came from.it gave me a better understanding of him and made me feel so much closer to him.it also made me feel more apart of his actual life and that we were trying to build something real.
his family was mad cool.spent last christmas with them and had a great time.used to talk to his mom all the time.sucks now that we broke up,i became the evil girl that broke their sons/brothers heart :(

tsadriana
08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Some are accepting easily ,some dont...My opinion is doesnt matter if they accept or not ,in the end is about 2 people involved in relantionship..If they 2 love each other ,doesnt count what the rest of the world says.

MHarrigan82
08-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Just curious, is your girlfriend insisting that you make it known to your family that she is a Transgendered woman? I think that unless she wants the info known, it's really nobodys business but yours and hers. Just thinking out loud.

My girlfriend has not ask me to let my family know she is TS. I agree that it is between me and her. I just know that if I tell them that they will not understand. My parents are almost 60 and from Alabama and my mom is an associate minister at her church.