PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Video - Biggest Python Ever Caught (Florida Today)

Tall_Young_Jock
08-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I guess there is a huge problem in Florida as over 100,000 huge pythons are reported to be in the wild. Burmese pythons are not native to American and got out of control.
They ate everything and all of the wildlife animals are dead. Pretty Crazy

Huge Burmese Python Caught Breaking Record in Florida - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfB8hfdkXg)

leckery5
08-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Why does it not surprise me that someone on this site would post a link about a huge python!

Merkurie
08-15-2012, 02:20 AM
I am surprised it is actually a reptile.

danthepoetman
08-15-2012, 04:19 AM
Have you guys not seen the famous "penis snake"? (I don't want to take the credit, Ed Jaxon made the web finding and posted it in a recent thread).

Quiet Reflections
08-15-2012, 04:23 AM
terrible that they killed it

danthepoetman
08-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Which one, Quiet Reflections?

Quiet Reflections
08-15-2012, 04:39 AM
Which one, Quiet Reflections?
Both really but I meant the python. Snakes are amazing pets, even big ones.

danthepoetman
08-15-2012, 05:58 AM
I guess it’s one of my nightmares, at my age, that anything would “kill” both the penis and the snake (no vulgarity intended). :)

But seriously, Quiet Reflections, what do you think of the question asked in the tube: should they kill these snakes to preserve faunistic life in the region, or should they try to resort to some other solutions? Quite an interesting question, as these problems have surfaced here and there of an imported specie damaging “original” wildlife of a given region. An interesting case of the XIXth century, I think, was that of the dingo, in Australia, which released in the wild has multiplied and create lots of harm.

Quiet Reflections
08-15-2012, 06:57 AM
I guess it’s one of my nightmares, at my age, that anything would “kill” both the penis and the snake (no vulgarity intended). :)

But seriously, Quiet Reflections, what do you think of the question asked in the tube: should they kill these snakes to preserve faunistic life in the region, or should they try to resort to some other solutions? Quite an interesting question, as these problems have surfaced here and there of an imported specie damaging “original” wildlife of a given region. An interesting case of the XIXth century, I think, was that of the dingo, in Australia, which released in the wild has multiplied and create lots of harm.
Im torn. Animals spread all over the world naturally or otherwise, sometimes it is to the detriment of the native species. While I understand that the ecosystem is fragile I can't see killing them as a viable option. Animals of all sizes are pretty resiliant and survival of the fittest is my preferred course of action. As it turns of we are the fittest in Florida and being slaves to hype and fear is makes sense that the first option was murder.

Quiet Reflections
08-15-2012, 06:58 AM

The Cane Toad in Australia is a huge problem too

danthepoetman
08-15-2012, 07:05 AM
A case of beautiful “imported” wild life in America is of course the horse. We brought the horse here from Europe. Yet how could we imagine America without those magnificent wild mustang herds, running freely? Nature has a way to adjust. I tend to agree with you, Quiet Reflections, although I find it should be a careful case by case basis decision every time out. Then again, you wander whom should take it...