PDA

View Full Version : Google image search...WTF?

EZWind
08-13-2012, 05:22 AM
hey
...just curious if anyone is having this same problem
...let's say eg. I type in Khloe Hart in the search box...the web link works fine...there's a full page of links and scroll down and there's a list of subsequent pages at the bottom by the Goooooogle thing
...click the images link and it says there's over 11 million images
...up until a coupla days ago it was the same as the web thing
...but now for some dam reason all I get is about 4 rows of pics and the rest of the page is blank. Scroll down to the bottom and there's no links for any subsequent pages and no Goooooogle thingy
...WTF's the deal? I'm on Win XP and Firefox and haven't made any changes to any settings....tried rebooting but that didn't fix it

kukm4
08-13-2012, 06:13 AM
check to see if Safe Search is OFF, should be near upper right area of the page.

The other options are Moderate and Strict.
Make sure its set to Off.

EZWind
08-13-2012, 07:08 AM
check to see if Safe Search is OFF, should be near upper right area of the page.

The other options are Moderate and Strict.
Make sure its set to Off.

...first of all, if it was ON, I doubt there's more than a coupla hundred "safe" images of the lovely Khloe, much less 11 million
...but thank you, yes, that was actually the first thing I checked prior to rebooting

kukm4
08-13-2012, 07:51 AM
If you have not done so, maybe clearing Cache and deleting google cookies. see if that helps any.

=Cookies=

Tools--options--Privacy--[show cookies]
In search box, type google.com then below that delete those that show up as google.com.

=Cache=
Tools--options--Advanced--Network--(offline storage section) press Clear Now button.

Hope this helps.

EZWind
08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
If you have not done so, maybe clearing Cache and deleting google cookies. see if that helps any.

...thanxalot, man...that did help some
...now I get about 15 rows of pics, but still, aabout 2/3 of the page is blank and still no page links at the bottom
...I'll have to delve into that a bit more....should probly upgrade to a more current version of Firefox while I'm at it

Wendy Summers
08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Here I thought this would be about frightening search results...

my advice... NEVER google "sexy Octopus"

kukm4
08-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Hehe, I thought that as well Wendy. :P
--

Well EZ, searched and found this link, seems have same issue as you.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/i0eBJv_TCPw[1-25]

There was no definitive answer, someone mentioned this troubleshoot guide you
may want to look at.

http://support.google.com/images/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=112568

If you still seem to have issues. As an alternative, maybe give www.bing.com Image search a try as well. See if the issue is the same on there.

south ov da border
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I suggest using startpage.com and turning off the filters. Problem solved...