PDA

View Full Version : Hints for an amateur photographer

cal_tsg
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in fulfilling a longtime fantasy of photographing tgirls. At the moment I'd really appreciate some advice in camera choices.

I'm thinking along the lines of a Nikon D7000 camera, are there any glaring flaws with this camera or lenses that I've missed?

I'd also be happy to recieve any hints in finding tgirl models and any do's and don'ts when approaching possible models and when photographing them.

All advice is welcome.

thanks,

cal

Bobzz
08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
The D7000 is a very good camera. Many pros use it as a back-up plus it has the added benefit of being able to shoot high quality video. The metering is as good as it is in Nikon's more expensive camera, it has a very high ISO range and it's conservatively rated for over 150000 shutter actuations, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. As for lenses, I would steer clear of the usual kit lenses and spring for the Nikon 18-200 VRII. It's pricey and a bit more than the cost of the two mediocre / crappy lenses sellers will typically bundle with the D7000 but it's just about the best all purpose lens for the DX format; it's good for portrait shots, close-ups and long distances. With the recent introduction of the 18-300, you should be able to find one used in good condition on Craigslist or eBay or new from B&H or Adorama, at a fairly decent price.

As for approaching t-gals, most of the girls on Eros have professionally prepared shots, so the likely sources for models will be Craigslist and Backpage (you know, the gals with the iPhone photos - "this is a picture of me holding my phone looking into a mirror" poses?). Place an ad in Craigslist or call up someone who obviously needs photos. Sooner or later someone will let you come by or will meet you somewhere. Make sure that you let them know that you'll keep the original files but that they'll be able to use them. You can find model releases on-line, if you want to go that route. Finally, make sure you first meet and are comfortable with whomever you'll be taking pictures of before you show up to their doorstep with a couple of thousands of dollars in camera gear. Better still, spring the money for a hotel room or studio rental (they're surprisingly cheap) and have them come to you. Many a horny photog and his equipment have been separated by a T-gal and her posse.

Good luck.

rodinuk
08-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I like to read the comprehensive reviews on dpreview.com, here's their conclusions/rating page for this one:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/22

fireblad
08-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey guy, this tgirl is looking for a photographer. Hook up u guys.
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/cas/3177096311.html

rbiller
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I am a Nikon fan and I own a D7000 as well as a D3200. I agree with bobzz's assesment of the D7000 and my favorite lens, the 18-200VR. I would also like to suggest however that if money is a concern, I really love my D3200. It's smaller, lighter and has a much more pleasing shutter sound to me. It's doesn't have as many features as the D7000 but I think it is a great camera, especially if you are just starting out.

cal_tsg
08-02-2012, 09:10 PM
thanks guys.

natina
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope you can use PHOTOSHOP to edit/air brush

cause so many need it and want it

sucka4chix
08-03-2012, 12:17 AM
I hope you can use PHOTOSHOP to edit/air brush

cause so many need it and want it

Photoshop costs like a billion dollars

Bobzz
08-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Photoshop costs like a billion dollars

Nah, Photoshop (and its equivalents) are relatively cheap. On the otherhand, the CS6 Suite and its several variations which include Photoshop are expensive as fuck!