PDA

View Full Version : A Thread To Inspire You

TsJizelle
07-31-2012, 07:25 PM
There's been so much chaos in the world lately that I've found it difficult to find places of inspiration amongst the wreckage.

So let's put a spin on things and have a thread where you can put anything you have encountered in your daily life that have inspired YOU and want to share with all your fellow Hungangels' members! This is that thread!

Here's a personal invitation I found called LIVE BY EXAMPLE:

danthepoetman
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Jizelle, I suppose no too many people find much of anything inspiring. I must confess I tried myself to no avail. As you said yourself, this world is depressing more often than not.
Well, this being said, your beauty is inspiring, Jizelle, and the courage of t-women in general is, also. The courage of this director, Lana Wachowski, to transition in such a public situation, I find quite inspiring, for instance. There was a few thread about her in the last days on the forum. Creative, beautiful people, people who are good at what they do, or who know what they’re talking about, who are knowledgeable on some topic, are often utterly inspiring. In the end, I think many things inspire me, but something like what you’re showing us, I don’t know, I can’t find any myself, although I think it’s a good idea for a thread. I guess some more members can find some to post…
In any case, yes, it’s a beautiful idea for a thread! It would be worth it to see some answers.

TsJizelle
08-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Jizelle, I suppose no too many people find much of anything inspiring. I must confess I tried myself to no avail. As you said yourself, this world is depressing more often than not.
Well, this being said, your beauty is inspiring, Jizelle, and the courage of t-women in general is, also. The courage of this director, Lana Wachowski, to transition in such a public situation, I find quite inspiring, for instance. There was a few thread about her in the last days on the forum. Creative, beautiful people, people who are good at what they do, or who know what they’re talking about, who are knowledgeable on some topic, are often utterly inspiring. In the end, I think many things inspire me, but something like what you’re showing us, I don’t know, I can’t find any myself, although I think it’s a good idea for a thread. I guess some more members can find some to post…
In any case, yes, it’s a beautiful idea for a thread! It would be worth it to see some answers.

thank you dan! simple words like this can be found inspiring, just like what you also mentioned about having established people transition in a public eye.

we are all inspired by a variable of things that are independent and personal to us. so I wanted to create a space where people can just post whatever they want, that they found to be of inspiration today. quotes, pictures, people's posts...whatever it may be, post it! if you were inspired by it, surely there will be others to obtain the same reaction.

here's something I am inspired by everyday:

danthepoetman
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, if i could think of anything, it would be this.
This is the Fur Fox Nebula, a place where new worlds are born...

SammiValentine
08-01-2012, 05:37 PM
i just bang this on for a bit of inspiration.

BEST EVER YNWA!!!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlP9KGjqXf4&feature=fvwrel)

trish
08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
1. The purpose of intelligent live within the universe is to create the artificially heavy elements that stars cannot produce and name them.

2. Humans are part of the universe, composed of entirely of matter and subject to it's irrevocable laws. The extent to which you can remain indifferent about the sufferings of another person, is the extent to which the universe itself is indifferent.

loveboof
08-02-2012, 10:00 PM
lol Trish.. For something to inspire me it can't be complete meaningless bollocks! :P

Rivz
08-03-2012, 05:23 AM
" I serve the Nothing" - Gmork from Neverending Story.

Sort of my motto.

danthepoetman
08-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Regular stars produces essentially helium by combining, through nuclear reaction, two hydrogen nucleus. Only giant stars produce the heavier elements from which inhabitable worlds like ours can form out of. But these giant stars have to die first. They explode in what we call a supernova. The remains are what we see on this picture. Magnificent colors and shapes in the middle of an eternity of nothingness, from which other world will be made.
The second picture shows masses of gasses from which stars will be created by the gathering effect of gravitation.

powaybb
08-03-2012, 06:34 AM
How about inspiration in a new Mars Rover landing on Mars this Sunday night (August 5) at 10:30 pm (pacific). This rover is referred to as the Mars Science Lab (MSL). This rover is the size of a car with a complete geological processing lab in the chassis and lasers powerful enough to vaporize rocks and evaluate the minerals with optical spectroscopy. Developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA -- one of the 10 NASA centers.

Pasadena is planning on having a huge party with about 7000 people located in 4 areas. There is one open to the public at the Convention Center organized by the planetary society -- but not sure if tickets are left.

Pictures at link belowhttp://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/images/?ImageID=3812
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

danthepoetman
08-04-2012, 08:55 AM
A pioneer of modern art, Claude Monet slowly became almost completely blind before dying in 1926. Yet he was still painting those magnificent pictures with what little he still could see.

For 55 years, Paul Cézanne painted what he saw. Critics were so discouraging to him personally that he eventually left the group of the impressionists, already not welcomed in the society of good well thinking and well behaved people. He never reached any kind of honourable status. Yet he became the most influential figure in the destiny of his art. What couldn’t be understood of his work, was that he was painting the very uncertainty of the visual process.
The 2 first, Nenuphars by Monet.
The 2 following, Saint Victory Mount, by Cézanne.

Prospero
08-04-2012, 10:38 AM
1. Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes, and groves;
And ye that on the sands with printless foot
Do chase the ebbing Neptune, and do fly him
When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make,
Whereof the ewe not bites; and you whose pastime
Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice
To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid,--
Weak masters though ye be,--I have bedimm'd
The noontide sun, call'd forth the mutinous winds,
And 'twixt the green sea and the azur'd vault
Set roaring war: to the dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire, and rifted Jove's stout oak
With his own bolt: the strong-bas'd promontory
Have I made shake; and by the spurs pluck'd up
The pine and cedar: graves at my command
Have wak'd their sleepers, op'd, and let them forth
By my so potent art. But this rough magic
I here abjure; and, when I have requir'd
Some heavenly music,--which even now I do,--
To work mine end upon their senses that
This airy charm is for, I'll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I'll drown my book.

2. Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Prospero
08-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Bach Messe H moll Mass B minor BWV 232 Arsys Bourgogne , Concerto Koln , P Cao - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtdfek1VMvg&feature=related)

Prospero
08-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Breughel - always a wonder....

Prospero
08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
And a simple piece of Bach... (thanks to Dan)

Bach (Busoni) - Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ - Horowitz - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMlgyCb6vfg)

and on the organ as used in "Solaris"

Bach, Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesus Christ BWV 639, Ivan Maria Friedman, Organ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4bhxy5a1a4)

Dino Velvet
08-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I find fiber to be very inspiring.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/general_mills_fiber_one.jpg

danthepoetman
08-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I find fiber to be very inspiring.

There’s many types of fibers, Dino. The bundle we have downstairs is usually more inspired than inspirational, but it sure conveys to a lot of well being…

danthepoetman
08-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I guess one would say these aren’t exactly inspirational, but rather depressing. They’re Dorothea Lange pictures. Personally, I can’t think of a photographer who has such empathy for its subjects. It’s a depiction of what we all are, whatever we think of ourselves, in the raw reality of it all. Anyone could have found himself/herself in such situation. To show it as it was took balls and incredible sense of humanity, notwithstanding the fact that it is simultaneously a loud denunciation. Thanks to Quiet Reflections who reminded me of this incredible photographer.