PDA

View Full Version : iphone 5.. Sept. 12

flabbybody
07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
this would suit my ATT upgrade cycle

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57482033-37/apple-reportedly-to-unveil-iphone-5-ipad-mini-on-sept-12/

GroobySteven
07-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Just got rid of my Iphone for an HTC and MUCH happier.

BLKGSXR
07-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Sep 21...is when it goes out for sale.

tsadriana
07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
i love my BlackBerry

Willie Escalade
07-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Gonna get it...just not on the first day of release...

Sulka_bewitched_me
07-31-2012, 06:01 AM
Gonna get it...just not on the first day of release...
Ditto:dancing:

dakota87
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Can't Wait!!!!`

Prospero
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
No rush. Happy with the present Iphone, Ipad,Ipods and mac

Dino Velvet
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Still got my Samsung flip that makes and receives phone calls. It works. Got rid of the Panasonic when the "9" stopped working.

Are those Samsung Galaxy phones any good? I know nothing about telephones. If it rings I sometimes pick it up.

http://baseball.dailyskew.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/paul-heyman.jpg

Prospero
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Years ago had one of the first mobiles. Looked and felt like a brick. Except far heavier. Such a novelty that when you took it out in the street people would stop and look at you.

Took it up blackpool tower onetime into the public toilet and called the office - then flushed the toilet. What a jape.

Somone I worked with had an even earlier model. You carried it over your shoulder in a specially made bag. It was the size of an old laptop.

These days probably THE most used phrase is "I'm on the train." Often followed by "so i may get cut off."

Dino Velvet
07-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Years ago had one of the first mobiles. Looked and felt like a brick. Except far heavier. Such a novelty that when you took it out in the street people would stop and look at you.

Took it up blackpool tower onetime into the public toilet and called the office - then flushed the toilet. What a jape.

Somone I worked with had an even earlier model. You carried it over your shoulder in a specially made bag. It was the size of an old laptop.

These days probably THE most used phrase is "I'm on the train." Often followed by "so i may get cut off."

Be interested to know about the service over there. I have a free flip phone but I do use Verizon. Works like a charm in LA and never drops calls. Had AT&T and Sprint before and dropped calls all over town. What good is it if it doesn't also work as a telephone?

Kevin Dong
07-31-2012, 07:08 PM
time to start saving me pennies

Prospero
07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Patchy in places still. In my house easy reception in the front - but walk out back and the coverage is poor. Same with the wifi

diablito
08-01-2012, 03:42 AM
i love my BlackBerry

this

Ryz
08-01-2012, 05:40 AM
time to start saving me pennies

Don't be a slave to vanity

Psuman80
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't a mini iPad be close to the same size as an
IPhone/iPod touch?

flabbybody
08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Starting in late September Apple will ship 250 million new iphone5's, according to latest estimates

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/20/apples_iphone_5_tsunami_predicted_to_sell_250m_uni ts_over_life_cycle.html

Janette Voerman
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
iPhone is cool but I like Motorola:)

bimale69
08-21-2012, 03:07 AM
I have the droid 4 but that "ice cream sandwich" upgrade makes a lot of the features useless.

jamiethewild
08-21-2012, 05:26 AM
iPhone is cool but I like Motorola:)

ha lol

flabbybody
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
lets see if they actually make to the stores by tomorrow. I have my doubts they'll have mine when I try to pick it up. When I pre-ordered last week the AT@T guy said the 9/21 promised delivery date could be 50-50 based on past iphone roll out days

fred41
09-21-2012, 01:17 AM
...gonna need a new phone soon, cause mine's pretty old.
I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 and in terms of what it can do , at least to me, it outshines the iphone5...however I don't like carrying a man bag or clipping my phone to my belt so of the two phones I'd probably get the iphone 5 for its smaller design. It looks like it would still fit in my pocket.

Willie Escalade
09-21-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm not due for an upgrade for awhile, so I'll be waiting. I'm also waiting to see how folks like the software update. I still have my iPhone 4 and iPad 2; I'm worried if the update will screw my devices...like that one update did to my 3G that time...

nightshift
09-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Updated iPhone 4 and iPad3 yesterday. Has a few minor bugs as did iOS5 when it first rolled. Overall, it works well.

MdR Dave
09-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm not due for an upgrade for awhile, so I'll be waiting. I'm also waiting to see how folks like the software update. I still have my iPhone 4 and iPad 2; I'm worried if the update will screw my devices...like that one update did to my 3G that time...

The software update removed the YouTube app from my 4s.

The panorama camera feature is nice, though.

castor_troyuk
09-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Just wait until you try the maps app, just awful. The iPhone 5 will sell well among the hard of thinking, but it's really behind the curve in many areas.

Willie Escalade
09-21-2012, 04:16 AM
The software update removed the YouTube app from my 4s.

The panorama camera feature is nice, though.

Just wait until you try the maps app, just awful. The iPhone 5 will sell well among the hard of thinking, but it's really behind the curve in many areas.
The update will eliminate YouTube and Google Maps; I just added bookmarks of the mobile versions of each to my screen in preparation.

And I've read Apple Maps suck donkey balls...too bad...

bimale69
09-21-2012, 04:29 AM
i might upgrade from my droid 4 to a razr m or iphone 5, i like having the mobile hotspot, but since my d4 got the ics updgrade, it sucks!! ive been using the google maps app for awhile, i wouldnt mind seeing a truck-related google maps(showing low clearance, weight/size restriction, weigh/inspection stations)though. the apple phone seems to have higher quality, and having the ipod function wouldnt be bad.

MdR Dave
09-21-2012, 04:30 AM
I heard that about the maps- doesn't bother me though, I don't allow anything that involves location services.

Paranoid? Maybe. But that doesn't mean they aren't watching.

Prospero
09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh dear. I've been a Mac user for a long time. After a decade or more of dalliance with the clumpiness that is Windows i switched to Mac - and have, largely, been happy with them ever since.

But I am also beginning to hate Apple for its arrogance. Just upgraded my desktop and my Ipad. And lord did it bring problems. It's very seductive. Just upgrade. They don't warn you that things you like will simply be deleted. Like ITunes for instance. On my Ipad it was a lovely app that enabled me to bookmark thousands of my favourite pieces of music. After the upgrade it's gone.
Worse. All my passwords no longer work. So I call Apple. Eventually after dealing with the multliple choice bot i get a human. Somewhere in Connecticut. He is helpful but can't solve my problem. So after an HOUR i get re-routed to a Hungarian guy in Athens. He is very helpful.Nice guy. Oh yes Itunes. We don't allow that anymore. Allow?!!!! Eventually he sorted out my password problem. Took two hours of hanging on the phone.

And then there is the ludicrous map issue. I tested it out - unaware of the issues. Put an old office address in central london into search - with full postcode. it relocated that street to Lytham St Annes somewhere in the north of England. Try a few other once familiar places. Some are now not findable. What shit is this. It's the arrogance of Apple tht they don't want Google maps on their devices anymore or Youtube. They now have their own version - which you used to search for your old Youtube favourites. Doesn't work very well.

On my desktop the old bit torrent I used no longer works. Eventually I find a new one and install it. Under the new OS upgrade, all my new downloads vanish into a file somewhere on the computer. I still haven't located them.

I wait with trepidation to see what new surprises all the improvements have in store

Apple and Microsoft define the virtual space we work, play and do so much more in. But boy - are they getting way too arrogant.

End of rant.

Willie Escalade
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm updating the software as I type this...although on my iPhone I have to remove some music and video to clear the 2.5 gigs needed for the update...

GroobyKrissy
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
What I think really sucks about the iPhone 5 is that Apple both changed the size and the plug-in for it, which means basically, you've got to get who new accessories. So that $299.00 Bose docking station I bought... Yeah, basically a brick now.

I'll probably update eventually but will wait a while.

I agree with @Prospero though... Apple is a pretty arrogant company. Just unfortunate that so much of my life is tied to my iPhone and iPad!

Prospero
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
The docking thing will probably stop me getting one for a very long time

Jericho
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh dear. I've been a Mac user for a long time. After a decade or more of dalliance with the clumpiness that is Windows i switched to Mac - and have, largely, been happy with them ever since.

But I am also beginning to hate Apple for its arrogance. Just upgraded my desktop and my Ipad. And lord did it bring problems. It's very seductive. Just upgrade. They don't warn you that things you like will simply be deleted. Like ITunes for instance. On my Ipad it was a lovely app that enabled me to bookmark thousands of my favourite pieces of music. After the upgrade it's gone.
Worse. All my passwords no longer work. So I call Apple. Eventually after dealing with the multliple choice bot i get a human. Somewhere in Connecticut. He is helpful but can't solve my problem. So after an HOUR i get re-routed to a Hungarian guy in Athens. He is very helpful.Nice guy. Oh yes Itunes. We don't allow that anymore. Allow?!!!! Eventually he sorted out my password problem. Took two hours of hanging on the phone.

And then there is the ludicrous map issue. I tested it out - unaware of the issues. Put an old office address in central london into search - with full postcode. it relocated that street to Lytham St Annes somewhere in the north of England. Try a few other once familiar places. Some are now not findable. What shit is this. It's the arrogance of Apple tht they don't want Google maps on their devices anymore or Youtube. They now have their own version - which you used to search for your old Youtube favourites. Doesn't work very well.

On my desktop the old bit torrent I used no longer works. Eventually I find a new one and install it. Under the new OS upgrade, all my new downloads vanish into a file somewhere on the computer. I still haven't located them.

I wait with trepidation to see what new surprises all the improvements have in store

Apple and Microsoft define the virtual space we work, play and do so much more in. But boy - are they getting way too arrogant.

End of rant.

:ignore:
http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=1200101&postcount=10

:whistle:

Willie Escalade
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM
What I think really sucks about the iPhone 5 is that Apple both changed the size and the plug-in for it, which means basically, you've got to get who new accessories. So that $299.00 Bose docking station I bought... Yeah, basically a brick now.

I'll probably update eventually but will wait a while.

I agree with @Prospero though... Apple is a pretty arrogant company. Just unfortunate that so much of my life is tied to my iPhone and iPad!
I'll update eventually as well, but after awhile too. Besides...I still have a lot of time on my current contract! Hopefully by that time Belkin, Logitech or some other company will have a lower-priced alternative adapter.

I have a few docks (both clock radios), as well as my car connection. FORTUNATELY my iPod and my old iPhone 3G can still use them which means they're not completely useless. But it does suck knowing not all of those accessories purchased over the years won't be used as much.

By the way, I just finished installing the software on the phone AND the pad; eh, no complaints YET. I still have to check everything over.

I still have no use for Newsstand on my iPhone (you can't delete it) and I don't like the new Maps app (especially on the phone). Maybe it'll grow on me...and that's NOT the YouTube app below; that's the actual mobile site. I don't like the reviews for the app...for now...

Prospero
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes Jericho. I know. Eating my words.

fred41
09-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Anyone here get the Droid Razr M ?...I like the smaller size of that phone too...(and I almost never take pictures with my phone...so camera quality not that important).

Ben
09-27-2012, 03:20 AM
As Abby Martin points out, and she, I and everyone are guilty of it too, "... having an iPhone has a high price tag...."
Well, we simply ignore it. We're completely isolated and cut off from our consumption habits.
So, our so-called industrial society has a high price tag. And future generations will pay the price for our rampant and rather mindless consumerism.
I, too, am also to blame. Well, it's difficult to escape.
I mean, I'm writing this on a computer and over the Net. Again, you can't escape being, well, a mini monster in this society.
It's the same with driving a car. I mean, one doesn't take into account heart and lung disease and pollution and how all of it impacts other people. Same with global warming.
You ignore it....
Again, it's difficult to escape... as our society hinges on environmentally destructive habits. Harmful to other people, other creatures and to the overall ecological system.
That raises a serious question: should nature have rights? Should bees, ants, trees, mountains.... Yes!, actual mountains.
When we address nature and insects etc. having core rights, well, we'll see a fundamental shift.

The Rotten Side of Apple | Brainwash Update - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbrJBfcdPY&feature=plcp)

JamesHunt
09-27-2012, 06:33 AM
what can iphone 5 do that other smartfones cant?

TatianaSummer
09-27-2012, 07:08 AM
No thanks I will stay with my Samsung Galaxy S2 and thinking to upgrade to the Galaxy S3.

the_corner
09-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Will use my old iphone until it dies, don't really see any advantage in upgrading beyond the fad.

Willie Escalade
09-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Will use my old iphone until it dies, don't really see any advantage in upgrading beyond the fad.

I use my 3G as an iPod; that way it's not totally useless...

flabbybody
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I have the Iphone 5 for a year now.
anyone download the new IOS 7 yet? Is it worth getting used to something new?
I generally dislike change

Ben in LA
09-19-2013, 04:47 PM
I have the Iphone 5 for a year now.
anyone download the new IOS 7 yet? Is it worth getting used to something new?
I generally dislike change
Updated my 4 and iPad 2. No complaints yet...except the OS seems to be designed for backgrounds that are gradients.

I've had my 4 for two years. I have no complaints about it, although as it has gotten older it has gotten a bit slower as well..

robertlouis
09-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Updated my 4 and iPad 2. No complaints yet...except the OS seems to be designed for backgrounds that are gradients.

I've had my 4 for two years. I have no complaints about it, although as it has gotten older it has gotten a bit slower as well..

Poor Ben - we all know how that feels.... ;)

Ben in LA
09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Poor Ben - we all know how that feels.... ;)
Yup...my eight year old car is the same way. :dancing: