PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney's First Car

rbiller
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I've loved cars ever since the day, as a lil'jasper, I found one under the tree on Xmas morning. Not a toy, but a real Rambler! I paid Dad's chauffeur to give me driving lessons, but I was too young to go out on public roads. So we'd zoom around the back nine of the Oakland Hills Country Club. Gosh, those golfers were hopping mad, even if I did have the chauffeur yell "fore" whenever we drove over a green. Guess they didn't know who my dad was. Got my first car with my own money when I was 15. I didn't think it would be moral to get a car for free just because my dad was the big boss of the company, so I bought a used Nash Metropolitan convertible with the money I'd made running a credit-default-swaps stand. I used part of my weekly allowance to have one of our maids wash it every day. A dirty car says "dirty person". That little puddle jumper was so tiny I could drive it around inside our house. Boy, was Dad steamed the time I backed it into the middle of a prayer meeting! But then I had to get rid of the Metro. Driving around with the top down made an awful mess of my hair. Messy hair, messy person.

Dino Velvet
07-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Here's Barry's first hoopty. Love car threads. Hopefully he drives better than his father.

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 03:29 AM
No more car enthusiasts? Thinking about buying a new truck myself. Dodge maybe this time. Power Wagon 2500 Laramie. Black or Red.

Erika1487
07-30-2012, 03:57 AM
I've loved cars ever since the day, as a lil'jasper, I found one under the tree on Xmas morning. Not a toy, but a real Rambler! I paid Dad's chauffeur to give me driving lessons, but I was too young to go out on public roads. So we'd zoom around the back nine of the Oakland Hills Country Club. Gosh, those golfers were hopping mad, even if I did have the chauffeur yell "fore" whenever we drove over a green. Guess they didn't know who my dad was. Got my first car with my own money when I was 15. I didn't think it would be moral to get a car for free just because my dad was the big boss of the company, so I bought a used Nash Metropolitan convertible with the money I'd made running a credit-default-swaps stand. I used part of my weekly allowance to have one of our maids wash it every day. A dirty car says "dirty person". That little puddle jumper was so tiny I could drive it around inside our house. Boy, was Dad steamed the time I backed it into the middle of a prayer meeting! But then I had to get rid of the Metro. Driving around with the top down made an awful mess of my hair. Messy hair, messy person.

WTF O_o? Move this :bs: to the political boards!

Quiet Reflections
07-30-2012, 03:57 AM
No more car enthusiasts? Thinking about buying a new truck myself. Dodge maybe this time. Power Wagon 2500 Laramie. Black or Red.
I love cars. I have rebuilt quite a few and have 3 engines in my garage right now, but a thread that deals with politicians cars is of no interest to me.

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I love cars. I have rebuilt quite a few and have 3 engines in my garage right now, but a thread that deals with politicians cars is of no interest to me.

I agree. Sometimes not the best drivers.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/29/2007/12/06/320x240/kennedychappaquiddick.jpg

Quiet Reflections
07-30-2012, 04:00 AM
WTF O_o? Move this :bs: to the political boards!
Almost every thread on here ends up in a political debate it would do no good to move it, plus this is barely political.

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 04:01 AM
It's very light. Let's have fun with it. Nothing serious.

Quiet Reflections
07-30-2012, 04:01 AM
I agree. Sometimes not the best drivers.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/29/2007/12/06/320x240/kennedychappaquiddick.jpg
That is a good thing. There are quite a few that need to crash

Dino Velvet
07-30-2012, 04:10 AM
That is a good thing. There are quite a few that need to crash

I'm with you on that for sure. A whole lotta lotta. A bunch in LA.

Prospero
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Excellent OP

Jericho
07-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I paid Dad's chauffeur to give me driving lessons, but I was too young to go out on public roads.

Yah, man of the people! :shrug

danthepoetman
07-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds like one of these ridiculous, snobbish movies of the 40s or 50s, with nice, “jolly good fellows” filthy rich guys and their sons. Is it really from a presidential candidate or is this a joke? I’m bafffffffled! or pppppperplex! Then again, I don’t know much about American politics.