PDA

View Full Version : Movie: JARHEAD has anyone seen it?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Has anyone seen this movie yet? :D

http://www.justusboys.com/photos/uploads/2006/03/jake.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG

samstl99
03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
I have seen the movie.. I was pretty good. Kind of like a Modern Day version mix of Apololypse Now/Deer Hunter/Platoon/Full Metal Jacket.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
I have seen the movie.. I was pretty good. Kind of like a Modern Day version mix of Apololypse Now/Deer Hunter/Platoon/Full Metal Jacket.

Awesome! Thanks samstl99..I like those types of movies..So I think Ill go see Jarhead. 8)

~Kisses.

eagleman12
03-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Yep seen it and liked it! :popcorn

TomSelis
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
It was pretty good, it wasn't action-packed like you would think. It was a war movie showing the other side of war, the boredom, the worry about their gf/wives at home, etc. From what I understand from guy that were over there in desert storm, it was pretty accurate.

I was expecting at least one battle scene.

Perverted Monk
03-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Not quite as good as Apoc. Now, Platoon and some of the other good Vietnam movies.

The film was about boredom and thats exactly what I thought of it. No climax to the film

TomSelis
03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
There was a climax, but it was really an anti-climax.
When he gets the assignment to take out the Iraqi general (what he was trained to do) he gets the go ahead and the Lt. Col storms in and flattens the building with bombs, that was the climax. But that was the point of the movie.

chefmike
03-17-2006, 04:08 AM
I have seen the movie.. I was pretty good. Kind of like a Modern Day version mix of Apololypse Now/Deer Hunter/Platoon/Full Metal Jacket.I haven't seen it yet...and it gets decent reviews on IMDB....it just doesn't sound interesting enough to me to bother watching until it comes on HBO (and my Dad was a jarhead in the Korean War)...as for the great war movies that you're comparing it to... that's a pretty bold statement to compare it to those flicks...but we all have our opinions, and we haven't had many movie threads lately, anyway...I'll certainly check it out when it gets to cable, though...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Hehe! I know..and balls hanging out. :wink: Tho its too small to really see. LOL. But nice bod. Here's more of him on Jarhead:

http://blog.justusboys.com/wp-content/JakeGyllenhaal.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG