PDA

View Full Version : Worried About the Boy

alpha2117
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
So I was watching telly the other day and a show I'd never heard of came on about the early days of Boy George, Marilyn and the New Romantic scene and I was suprised how good it was. The guy playing Marilyn Freddie Fox is the son of Edward Fox who was the Jackyl in the original Day of the Jackyl and a ton of other stuff and he's simply amazing looking in the role. If you ever get a chance check it out.

A Gurl and a Boy: Marilyn & George - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWF8LuMT_Go)

Steve-Oh
07-12-2012, 06:52 AM
That looks like a cool story.
What a soundtrack!
Music was so new and fresh then!
Early 80's and the style of that scene seemed so to be a world away from then redneck Phoenix.
I used to cut my own hair and used oil paint for mousse.
I liked George's style at first. Too bad he turned into an angry old poof.

Yes I know this pic is him at his absolute worst - so sue me

Stavros
07-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Marilyn once pushed me out of the way so she could get into the only vacant stall in the Gents toilet at Porchester Hall - late 1970s or early 80s -certainly before her first single in 1983; she was cute then and used to wear a black corset and pencil skirt, but was in a clique of people who did not admit people like me (as in, anyone who wasn't like them). She hasn't aged well either; you can probably find an unflattering photo of her too. But bear in mind it was still mostly drag in those days, I don't think either George or Marilyn ever thought of themselves as transgendered.