PDA

View Full Version : The stupid things you do...

Felicia Katt
03-14-2006, 06:29 AM
I went to a funeral one time, a tragic death of someone who died way too young. Her husband now a widow at like age 24, thanked me for coming, and I automatically thanked him for having me, like I was a guest at a party. :( He was still in shock, I'm sure he didn't notice, or if he did, he never said anything, but I still feel badly about it to this day.

FK

reelgurl
03-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Besides getting pulled over by a cop today (got a warning), I always seem to preemptively say "You too!" back to someone who is either serving me, helping me, or just being polite. Most of the times it's ok because it fits, but sometimes I get dialogue like this...

Waiter: Here's your Casear Salad, enjoy your meal.

Me: You too!

Yeah, I'm smart. Good to laugh at yourself. Curious to hear some others.

I've done the same quite often :oops:

Doctor: Have a good rest and see you on Thursday.

Cat
03-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Waiter: Here's your Casear Salad, enjoy your meal.

Yeah, I'm smart. Good to laugh at yourself. Curious to hear some others.

I do variants of those quite often...

Me: How's it going?

X: Alright. You?

Me: Pretty good. You?

X: ...

BeardedOne
03-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Felicia, don't worry about your funeral faux pas. Funerals are magnets for the goofy things we can come up with. Get up with a funeral director sometime and they can share some amusing ones. The most common is variants of "Doesn't he look like himself?". :)

Remember, 'funeral' anagrams into 'real fun'. I want people to bring kazoos to mine. :D

For me, I'd say it was when I had my blind date. Really. Blind date as in Braille-menus-and-bring-the-dog blind.

I kept saying dumbass stoopid shit like "Hey, check it out!" and "Willya lookit that!" and the all-time classic "I betcha never seen this before!". :oops:

D'oh! :x

She said she was used to it and that I shouldn't worry about it, but still...

LadyBoyzrHot
03-14-2006, 10:42 PM
hahaha. I thought I was the only person to do that ever. I have very bad social skills and very anti social. I can only talk to people whom I find to be somewhat interesting. When speaking to someone whom i feel is totally opposite and makes me feel weird I get tensed up about things. so it makes me say dumb shit like this

Someone says Bye and i say you two. there are others but i cant think of them but yeah i do it all the time. its like your not even there or somthing and just going through the motions or somthing like that

Donko
03-15-2006, 12:38 AM
So you made a mistake, so what. Everyone makes mistakes in a social setting.

For example, once I accidentally pissed in my neighbors pool during a pool party and this woman behind me said," Holy shit, did the water get warm around me" out loud. She looked around at me and I said, " The heater finally kicked in!!" in an awkward way. She knew I pissed in the pool, but fuck her, I had to piss!!

TomSelis
03-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Every once in a while I catch myself blowing on something cold like it's hot like, ice cream and cereal.

Right after I do it, it's like "Damn, I can't belive I did that."

five minutes later, "Damn, I did it again."