PDA

View Full Version : ITMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManOfSteel
03-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Dan Savage, writer of the weekly sex column Savage Love, has some experience with coining terms. He and his loyal readers are responsible for the widespread use of the terms "pegging" (the act of a woman fucking her man with a strap-on), "santorum" (as he puts it, "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex," named after anti-gay senator Rick Santorum), and the acronym "DTMFA" ("dump the motherfucker, already" -- advice frequently given in his column).

Dan's got a new term he's trying to get people using: "ITMFA," which is short for "Impeach the motherfucker, already!"

I approached the idea cautiously. While Savage Love readers have successfully popularized two terms— pegging and santorum—I was apprehensive about ITMFA. Did the world need another anti-Bush slogan? Did we need another anti-Bush website? Instead of launching the campaign, I punted, asking my readers what they thought.

Well, they thought we should go for it—and my readers are usually right about this stuff.

The website at: http://www.impeachthemotherfuckeralready.com/2006/03/welcome.html is still in its early stages, but Savage is asking supporters to make their own "ITMFA" buttons and tshirts and send in pictures to be displayed. He also plans to link to any interesting news or websites that discuss impeaching President Bush.

I wish him luck in getting the phrase -- and the sentiment behind it -- into the realm of public discourse.

I love that term "santorum" very creative!