PDA

View Full Version : Which WebCam do you think is the Best right now?

TatianaSummer
06-24-2012, 03:22 AM
looking to buy a new webcam, so many out there dont know which one is the best one right now. I want it mostly for lowlight webcaming/. Price is not an issue. Any info will be appreciated!

Token Williams-Black
06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
The one YOU'RE on...

TatianaSummer
06-24-2012, 04:54 AM
The one YOU'RE on...

huh?

CTalex77
06-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Here you go http://webcam-review.toptenreviews.com/

Jericho
06-24-2012, 05:39 AM
huh?

Catch up, Sputnik...best camera, the one you're on. :banana:
TWB, best keep the day job for now! :shrug

TatianaSummer
06-24-2012, 07:07 AM

Thank you for that site!

maaarc
06-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I doesn't know nothing about noes cameras and I'm sure you don't do much shopping at walmart - but please be careful out there while shopping my little cupcake. I'd hate to think of you super glued to a toilet seat...on second thought that might be wicked funny:):):)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163334/Walmart-shopper-stuck-HOUR-super-glued-toilet-seat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

GrimFusion
06-24-2012, 12:11 PM
The only things you should watch out for are scaling and focus adjustment. Manufacturers are pretty shiesty about claiming HD resolution, and just stretching a 640x480 capture to 1024x768 or some oddball widescreen format. Stretching any image to a larger resolution vastly decreases image quality. You want a webcam that lists it's native capture resolution. Even if it's not necessarily 1080p video or 14 mega pixel photo capture, accept the best native capture resolution available.

Make sure any webcam you buy has a manual focus adjustment. Bumping or dropping the webcam could misalign the lens and make the image blurry. That's not fixable if you don't have a manual focus adjustment. Usually, it's just a little dial either around the lens or on the top/sides.

Amazon and the product boxes should list both native video resolution (or admit to scaling), and list focus adjustment specifics, but it all reads like gibberish.

The only other thing I'd bring up is driver software, but it's more or less a toss. Some driver installations are packaged with bloated, system-gimping utility software that pointlessly runs at startup every time you turn your computer on. You never really know what you're working with until you're working with it, though. There aren't too many people who get on the internet and bitch about X-manufacturer's driver utility software; so far as they're concerned, if it works eventually, it still works.

TatianaSummer
06-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I doesn't know nothing about noes cameras and I'm sure you don't do much shopping at walmart - but please be careful out there while shopping my little cupcake. I'd hate to think of you super glued to a toilet seat...on second thought that might be wicked funny:):):)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163334/Walmart-shopper-stuck-HOUR-super-glued-toilet-seat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Actually I do go to walmart, this is soo funny, our advantage is that I dont sit down. :) LOL :banana:

The only things you should watch out for are scaling and focus adjustment. Manufacturers are pretty shiesty about claiming HD resolution, and just stretching a 640x480 capture to 1024x768 or some oddball widescreen format. Stretching any image to a larger resolution vastly decreases image quality. You want a webcam that lists it's native capture resolution. Even if it's not necessarily 1080p video or 14 mega pixel photo capture, accept the best native capture resolution available.

Make sure any webcam you buy has a manual focus adjustment. Bumping or dropping the webcam could misalign the lens and make the image blurry. That's not fixable if you don't have a manual focus adjustment. Usually, it's just a little dial either around the lens or on the top/sides.

Amazon and the product boxes should list both native video resolution (or admit to scaling), and list focus adjustment specifics, but it all reads like gibberish.

The only other thing I'd bring up is driver software, but it's more or less a toss. Some driver installations are packaged with bloated, system-gimping utility software that pointlessly runs at startup every time you turn your computer on. You never really know what you're working with until you're working with it, though. There aren't too many people who get on the internet and bitch about X-manufacturer's driver utility software; so far as they're concerned, if it works eventually, it still works.

ok Perfect! thanks for the info on this matter.

SammiValentine
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM

yay my webcam came 1st

that link highlights how cheap you guys get your electronic stuff though., 65$ for my webcam? jeez...

Richctdude
06-24-2012, 04:06 PM
yes the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 is the best

Nikka
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
yay my webcam came 1st

that link highlights how cheap you guys get your electronic stuff though., 65$ for my webcam? jeez...

I have the same I didn't know it was so expensive

SammiValentine
06-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I have the same I didn't know it was so expensive

cost me about £80-90 am sure.. :D maybe come down since but even so a considerable difference. :D

BellaBellucci
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
yes the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 is the best

+1. I love mine.

~BB~