PDA

View Full Version : what do you feel like eating now?

nina_lisa
06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Me i fancy some mango sticky rice

http://www.realthairecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/khaaw-neow-ma-muang.jpg

lifeisfiction
06-17-2012, 12:52 AM
I am going to find a chef who has the body of Adonis and the skills of the great masters. I just hope I can find him in time for your b-day (if it hasn't passed yet).

Cecil Rhodes
06-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Sammi's creme filled eclair

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Bad lighting and having a really bad hair day. But i just made a steamed carrot cauliflower salad.

nevada64
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
This is my favorite dessert. Yum...

stan.smith
06-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Whats that thing we used to eat back in the day???.......Pussy!

lifeisfiction
06-17-2012, 02:06 AM
I like the way you cook Nina, I think I might have to spend some time in Europe.

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 02:11 AM
I like the way you cook Nina, I think I might have to spend some time in Europe.

that is what they all say, but the real reason is new yorker want to escape bad coffee, and be in Berlin where they serve better quality coffee. :dancing:

Dino Velvet
06-17-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm gonna make me a pizza.

http://images3.textbook12.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pizza-resized-597x398.jpg

robertlouis
06-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Yoghurt.

Dino, don't you dare......

lifeisfiction
06-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Berlin Coffee, hmmmmm. I would be looking forward to your chocolate. I have had some german dishes, my cousin's husband is from Germany. If you really want New Yorker, you need to have pizza better than NY, lol.

robertlouis
06-17-2012, 03:05 AM
that is what they all say, but the real reason is new yorker want to escape bad coffee, and be in Berlin where they serve better quality coffee. :dancing:

Kaffee stark und normal in Berlin. Mmmmmm.... :dancing:

Cecil Rhodes
06-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Whats that thing we used to eat back in the day???.......Pussy!

you have done that since you killed that police horse

naresuan
06-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Nina you have obviously been to Thailand or got the taste for that dessert in a Thai restaurant in Berlin? Me , Im gonna have poached eggs on toasted Sod abread shortly

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Nina you have obviously been to Thailand or got the taste for that dessert in a Thai restaurant in Berlin?

Thai food outside thailand have no taste, tried them all over the USA and Europe and nothing like what you can buy in bangkok.

naresuan
06-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Agree, so u have visited there

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
i lived and worked there for some time.

how about you?

naresuan
06-17-2012, 01:20 PM
yeh many times...love Thailand alot

Token Williams-Black
06-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I have the taste for some Campbell's Chunky Soup...sirloin burger...simple and very accessible...

speedking59
06-17-2012, 05:50 PM
because it's the weekend and i am the grandson of illegal (or undocumented) Mexican immigrants i could go for a big steaming bowl of menudo. alas i am too lazy to make it and too cheap to go out to a local taqueria.

Prospero
06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd eat you.....

or if you were to meet me in Paris take you here first...

http://www.bofingerparis.com/en/menu.html

Dino Velvet
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Yoghurt.

Dino, don't you dare......

Now what did I do? When I was a kid I had an innocent face and would get away with murder. The type of character age has put in my face must make me resemble Ted Bundy toward the end of his career in Florida. Now I get blamed for everything, even things that haven't occurred yet.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/08/01/ted_bundy_620x350.jpg

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I'd eat you.....

or if you were to meet me in Paris take you here first...

http://www.bofingerparis.com/en/menu.html

i prefer london to Paris, people are more friendly, and London is way more cosmopolitan and international than Paris.

if i was in London, i'll go to Brick lane today.

Prospero
06-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Hmmm.... Brick Lane has fantastic Indian food (actually mainy pakistani - but few Brits can tell the difference) and the best place to buy Bagels in London.

And yes - we Londoners re way more friendly than the Parisians. C'mon over.

Jericho
06-17-2012, 08:24 PM
And yes - we Londoners re way more friendly than the Parisians.

Don't say it Jez, don't say it! :hide-1:

nina_lisa
06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
And yes - we Londoners re way more friendly than the Parisians. C'mon over.

i agree, i agree , i agree

rr900
06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Flor De Mayo

duplicatt
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Mongolian Beef - it's what's for dinner (tonight at least - and homemade)

magicmost
06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Fresh sole or turbot

Prospero
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
That Mongolian beef didn't look so tasty to me. I cooked slow roasted lamb with dates, orange blossom water and couscous.

duplicatt
06-17-2012, 09:44 PM
That Mongolian beef didn't look so tasty to me. I cooked slow roasted lamb with dates, orange blossom water and couscous.
Have you ever had any Mongolian Beef?

Prospero
06-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Have you ever had any Mongolian Beef?

yep - ben to on of the chain of Mongolian Barbecue restaurants in London. Very disappointing.

But on the other hand if it's home made it might be great.

Went out with a Mongolian T girl a few years ago - but she never cooked for me.

duplicatt
06-17-2012, 11:08 PM
yep - ben to on of the chain of Mongolian Barbecue restaurants in London. Very disappointing.

But on the other hand if it's home made it might be great.

Went out with a Mongolian T girl a few years ago - but she never cooked for me.
Mongolian Beef is not Mongolian Barbeque

Mongolian beef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_beef)

Mongolian barbecue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_barbecue)

Mongolian Barbeque is more like teppanyaki-style

Dino Velvet
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM
I love Mongolian BBQ. Good cheap food for lots of energy. I recommend this place on Gayley Ave in Westwood Village.

robertlouis
06-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Thai food outside thailand have no taste, tried them all over the USA and Europe and nothing like what you can buy in bangkok.

I agree - best and most authentic Thai food I've had outside Thailand was in Australia. The same could be said for most Asian cuisines, the Aussies don't seem to like their food toned down so it is all generally pretty good.

However, best Thai I've eaten on mainland Europe was in a restaurant in the Arabella Hotel in Frankfurt. Recommended if you ever get down that way, Nina.

By the way, the Indian meal I cooked tonight was very much enjoyed by all - King Prawn Jalfrezi, Lamb Rhogan Gosht, Tarka Dall, Saag Aloo, Cauliflower and Mushroom curry, pullao rice with almonds and cashews, and lemon, lime and coconut rice. Plus plenty of Kingfisher to wash it all down.

Have you found a wedding dress yet, Nina? :dancing:

nina_lisa
06-18-2012, 01:15 AM
I agree - best and most authentic Thai food I've had outside Thailand was in Australia.

In NYC i found an authentic Indian, in London also many authenitc indian food places. but when it come to thai it is harder to find something authentic.

By the way, the Indian meal I cooked tonight was very much enjoyed by all - King Prawn Jalfrezi, Lamb Rhogan Gosht, Tarka Dall, Saag Aloo, Cauliflower and Mushroom curry, pullao rice with almonds and cashews, and lemon, lime and coconut rice. Plus plenty of Kingfisher to wash it all down.

Where did you learn to cook indian, you seem to know a lot about indian cooking?

With all those dishes i think i should hurry up and find a wedding dress.

terrygrooby
06-18-2012, 01:39 AM
If you guys visit Paris, make sure you stop by "Villa papillon".

It's a Thai restaurant, the chef and the waitresses are all lovely thai ladyboys.

Make sure you ask for original recipes and they will cook authentic Thai style. Really really good.

nina_lisa
06-18-2012, 01:53 AM
If you guys visit Paris, make sure you stop by "Villa papillon".

It's a Thai restaurant, the chef and the waitresses are all lovely thai ladyboys.

Make sure you ask for original recipes and they will cook authentic Thai style. Really really good.

checked their website, it is in both english and french. Isn't Death penalty the punishment for speaking a language other than french in France?

jamiethewild
06-18-2012, 02:04 AM
White milky cum !!!

terrygrooby
06-18-2012, 02:16 AM
checked their website, it is in both english and french. Isn't Death penalty the punishment for speaking a language other than french in France?

Hahaha, that's hilarious :lol: Not in this neighborhood !

Dino Velvet
06-18-2012, 03:18 AM
I agree - best and most authentic Thai food I've had outside Thailand was in Australia. The same could be said for most Asian cuisines, the Aussies don't seem to like their food toned down so it is all generally pretty good.

However, best Thai I've eaten on mainland Europe was in a restaurant in the Arabella Hotel in Frankfurt. Recommended if you ever get down that way, Nina.

How the heck you learn to cook all that stuff? I make a mean cheeseburger right outta my kitchen.

robertlouis
06-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Where did you learn to cook indian, you seem to know a lot about indian cooking?

With all those dishes i think i should hurry up and find a wedding dress.

Indian or specifically Gujerati girlfriend some years ago - and she was every bit as hot as her cooking!

I prefer cooking vegetable dishes. They absorb the spices better. All meats, especially lamb, dominate the palate too much and don't let you taste the full spectrum of the spice mix. I buy my own herbs and spices, fresh for preference, and would never dream of opening a jar labelled "curry powder".

Dino Velvet
06-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Indian or specifically Gujerati girlfriend some years ago - and she was every bit as hot as her cooking!

I prefer cooking vegetable dishes. They absorb the spices better. All meats, especially lamb, dominate the palate too much and don't let you taste the full spectrum of the spice mix. I buy my own herbs and spices, fresh for preference, and would never dream of opening a jar labelled "curry powder".

You learned Indian Food from that one GF? Were you with her for a long time and did you learn many other dishes? I eat all kinds of Asian Food but haven't mastered ordering Indian yet.

Prospero
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
There are many excellent Indian cookbooks published in the UK - so it is easy to learn to do pretty good indian food. But only if you use real spices and not some generic pot called "curry powder."

Mind you Robert louis will probably claim he learnt it from his manservant when he was serving on the north west frontier.

TatianaSummer
06-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Dont know but I am getting hungry, I should get dress and go to the grocery store. Maybe I buy some French Wheat bread, ham, salad and make a nice yummy sandwich.

duplicatt
06-19-2012, 12:22 AM
tonight, I went All-American - Homemade Cheeseburger and Fries

nina_lisa
06-19-2012, 01:28 AM
i feel like having strained yogurt.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2064/2403149032_a28f4afd10_z.jpg

Or maybe some goat cheese. will also be happy with goat yogurt.

robertlouis
06-19-2012, 01:36 AM
I've been working through the leftovers from last night's curry. Always tastes better the day after.

nina_lisa
06-19-2012, 01:41 AM
I've been working through the leftovers from last night's curry. Always tastes better the day after.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/mollyandmikeuk/1.1263383499.huge-pan-of-curry.jpg

robertlouis
06-19-2012, 01:44 AM
http://images.travelpod.com/users/mollyandmikeuk/1.1263383499.huge-pan-of-curry.jpg

One of the reasons I eat mostly vegetarian is that I have an allergy to all forms of poultry - if it flies and/or has feathers it makes me very ill.

nina_lisa
06-19-2012, 01:57 AM
well if you know what they feed the animals, i guess most people will become vegetrian.

naresuan
06-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I find if you can spk a bit of thai and engage the staff you get something closer to authentic in London.Sometimes ordering off-menu the thai chef is delighted to make something from Issarn for you that not too many of the usual customers know about. Sometimes it is better to find a good local thai restaurant rather than go for a big 'named' one in the west end or city. I do agree that eating thai food when in Thailand surpasses anything you can get when you are back home. Bit like the girl who falls in love with 'Stavros' on her greek island holiday and when he turns up at Gatwick in a tight fitting Burton suit he doesn't have quite the same allure...

Prospero
06-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Nresuan wrote: "Bit like the girl who falls in love with 'Stavros' on her greek island holiday and when he turns up at Gatwick in a tight fitting Burton suit he doesn't have quite the same allure..."

Ahhhh... so our very own Stavros is identified. Do Burtons have outlets in the Cyclades?

naresuan
06-23-2012, 10:42 AM
hahahaaaa sorry Stav, im sure your wardrobe is both elegant and up-to-date....

robertlouis
06-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Nigel Slater recipe - artichokes and borlotti beans with fresh herbs, salad and a great NZ Sauvignon Blanc. An English cheeseboard, an old rioja and red grapes. Everyone enjoyed it. Now, coffee, guitars, songs and civilised chat. Good way to spend a Saturday evening.

naresuan
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
sounds nice Robbie.....

Prospero
06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
About to prepare Sunday lunch party. Freshly made chilled Gazpacho, pork with orange and sweet potatoes and Grand Marnier bread and butter pudding. With a good Gewurtztraminer.

Blazr63
06-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Since it's Sunday morning i could go for an omelet with sausage and cheese with a side of hash browns and buttered toast. Lots of strong coffee also. I can eat healthy tomorrow.

robertlouis
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Brown toast, banana and coffee, then down to London to visit the Albert Hall with a Vietnamese pho beforehand.

And for a special reason and a special lady, I'm working hard on my Malaysian cuisine right now.

duplicatt
06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
"Omelette du fromage" with ham, a side of hash browns and some iced tea.

irvin66
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
I would like some whale steak and maybe some seal meat...:banana:
whale meat is good!! :dancing:

Richctdude
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
meat ball pizza!!!!!!