PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Cookeville, TN?

WendyWilliams
06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
A cute little club in Cookeville, TN (close to Nashville and Knoxville) booked me to come perform and promote Friday June 29th and Saturday 30th. Of course I will have goodies to give out and hopefully some of you guys or girls will come hang out with me. The club is alternative with a bigger straight/couple crowd on Saturday.

Silcc69
06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I think Cookeville isn't that far from me. And it does take place later this month I may take a trip down there. :D

WendyWilliams
06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
I would love to finally meet you,,,,Ill keep a DVD for ya out

WendyWilliams
06-26-2012, 01:11 AM
This weekend baby

WendyWilliams
06-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Forgot Doc Johnson has sent 2 box fulls of stuff to give out so plenty of giveaways both nights.

BellaBellucci
06-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Can I ask an honest question? Why would any LGBT person want to live in the south? I mean, what is that like? I can't imagine people are particularly tolerant there. :?

~BB~

SugaSweet
06-26-2012, 02:09 AM
I am about 100 miles from Cookeville.I have circled my calender

up_for_it
06-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Can I ask an honest question? Why would any LGBT person want to live in the south? I mean, what is that like? I can't imagine people are particularly tolerant there. :?

~BB~

To me this seems to be an over generalization. Sure, in terms of culture and tolerance the south can seem "backwards" but then again, can any region in the U.S. be described any differently? I grew up in Birmingham, AL. which (surprisingly enough to some obviously given it's history) has a pretty rich and well developed Gay and Lesbian community, primarily as since it is the largest urban center aside from Atlanta, is viewed as a place where people from smaller communities can grow in a more positive environment. I had plenty of gay friends growing up and while I will say things may not have been supportive in the early 90s, by the early 2000s a definitive subculture had developed. As with anything else, I'd caution people to look a bit more closely before making off the cuff remarks.

onmyknees
06-26-2012, 03:22 AM

~BB~

Oh I dunno......far cheaper cost of living, no state income tax, ( I mean CA, NY, CT, MI and several others are damn near broke) no smog, nicer climate, friendlier people, grits, better barbeque, better climate, better beaches, better seafood...but I digress. I was answering a more generic question about why anyone would want to live in the south . Yours was more specific...but wouldn't the answer be kinda the same? I mean it's not 1865 ! lol

sucka4chix
06-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Oh I dunno......far cheaper cost of living, no state income tax, ( I mean CA, NY, CT, MI and several others are damn near broke) no smog, nicer climate, friendlier people, grits, better barbeque, better climate, better beaches, better seafood...but I digress. I was answering a more generic question about why anyone would want to live in the south . Yours was more specific...but wouldn't the answer be kinda the same? I mean it's not 1865 ! lol

You had me at grits!

BellaBellucci
06-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Oh I dunno......far cheaper cost of living, no state income tax, ( I mean CA, NY, CT, MI and several others are damn near broke) no smog, nicer climate, friendlier people, grits, better barbeque, better climate, better beaches, better seafood...but I digress.

Or you could just move to New Hampshire and have all of the same things, plus be within close proximity of an international city (two if you include NYC, even though it's 4 hours away from the border), actually have four seasons, and not have to deal with an overabundance of Bible thumpers. Yes, I know not everyone down there is, but there are far more of them there than anywhere else in the U.S., hence 'Bible Belt.'

I was answering a more generic question about why anyone would want to live in the south . Yours was more specific...but wouldn't the answer be kinda the same? I mean it's not 1865 ! lol

No, it's not, but it's probably only closer to 1965 from what I've read in the state laws down there. Geezus, there are some backwards-ass political leaders down there!

~BB~

WendyWilliams
06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Can you please leave my topic back to the party and no hijack with stereotypes and conclusions.

THANKYOU

BellaBellucci
06-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Can you please leave my topic back to the party and no hijack with stereotypes and conclusions.

THANKYOU

I just asked a question, hence I didn't make a conclusion. And I didn't allege a stereotype either, I pointed out that LGBT people have few legal protections in the South, and that's 100% absolutely, positively true.

Why are you always so incredibly defensive that it comes off offensive? Calm your hormones.

~BB~

shaustin
06-26-2012, 06:49 AM
I just asked a question, hence I didn't make a conclusion. And I didn't allege a stereotype either, I pointed out that LGBT people have few legal protections in the South, and that's 100% absolutely, positively true.

Why are you always so incredibly defensive that it comes off offensive? Calm your hormones.

~BB~

Meeeoowwrr! Kitty got claws. :tongue:

BellaBellucci
06-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Meeeoowwrr! Kitty got claws. :tongue:

Sorry. I'm just sick of having everything I say questioned as shade. I don't 'do' shade. If I wanted to say the South was an intolerant shithole, then that's what I would have said, yet that's how Wendy read it because so many people think I'm Satan's favorite daughter or something.

I'm actually a really sweet person, so that's on them. :geek:

Back on topic...

~BB~

Steele67
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Wendy, I remember meeting you several years ago at Nashville Nightlife. I will try to make it to Cookeville to see you again.
As far as how "backwards" the south is, it all depends on who you talk to. While there are some intolerant people that live in the south there are those kinds of people in every area of the world and in every walk of life. Please don't judge an entire area by the ignorance of the few. You should judge each person by their own actions and not those around them.

Silcc69
07-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Fuck I miss that shit again I had to buy sum new tires last week so that pretty much gobbled up most of my money. :( But how was it Wendy?

SugaSweet
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I will only leave the Big Orange state for Costa Rica

youshouldtrythislol
07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I wish I had known about this sooner, I would have been there.

WendyWilliams
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Heads up I am back in Cookeville, TN at OFF BROAD this weekend 16th and 17th

http://www.facebook.com/events/512629385427325/