View Full Version : green

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Who loves green curry

http://alexastuart.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/green-curry.jpg

http://static.fw1.biz/templates/93773/myimages/thai_green_chicken_curry.jpg

lifeisfiction
06-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I like green curry, do you have any fav resturants that you would recommend if I ever got the chance to visit Germany.

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I like green curry, do you have any fav resturants that you would recommend if I ever got the chance to visit Germany.

been to a few that have good food, but not to the point of recommending it

Jericho
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
If we're talking curry, I'd rather go Indian! :shrug

robertlouis
06-02-2012, 01:40 AM
If we're talking curry, I'd rather go Indian! :shrug

I've turned green after an indian curry once or twice....

Dino Velvet
06-02-2012, 01:41 AM
I like Green Thai Curry.

lifeisfiction
06-02-2012, 01:45 AM
If you ever go to NYC, in china town, right behind the NY Supreme Courthouse on Chambers street. There are two Court houses together, the Civil one and the Crimianl One. There is a thai resturant near the criminal court that is pretty nice and has good prices. If you don't mind spicy then thats the place for you. I can't remember the name at this moment.

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 01:50 AM
If you ever go to NYC, in china town, right behind the NY Supreme Courthouse on Chambers street. There are two Court houses together, the Civil one and the Crimianl One. There is a thai resturant near the criminal court that is pretty nice and has good prices. If you don't mind spicy then thats the place for you. I can't remember the name at this moment.

not thai but india, but in Manhattan i liked http://saravanaasrestaurant.com/was pretty authentic and full of indian eating there.

irvin66
06-02-2012, 01:51 AM
I've turned green after an indian curry once or twice....

Yeah me too, it was not so amusing! :wiggle:

stan.smith
06-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Green is an awesome color: WEED AND MONEY!!LOL. but if you go to an Indian restaurant try something with the words Hariyali (which is cilantro and mint based) and Palak (which is spinach based) in it. example: Hariyali chicken or kabab and palak paneer or chicken.

stan.smith
06-02-2012, 02:04 AM
All about green like Paul Pierce!!

lifeisfiction
06-02-2012, 02:05 AM
One of the best Indian Resturants I went to few years back was in Pittsburgh. I really need to remember the names of these places.

There is a resturant that was featured on Food Network that has one the best Chicken Tiki Marsala. I know its not too far, but I will definately beheading their this summer. If you were in the NY area we could definately go and try it. Not many people I know can handle spicy food.

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 02:14 AM
If you were in the NY area we could definately go and try it. Not many people I know can handle spicy food.

Spicy food is amazing, even 10 time better than anal sex.

lifeisfiction
06-02-2012, 02:18 AM

Have you ever had the experience, just as your giving your order they tell you that it will be too spicy. They make a huge deal only to let you find out the food is not spicy. Its annoying when food is only midly spicy.

stan.smith
06-02-2012, 02:20 AM

LMAO! if you like and can handle spicy food and if you are in NYC try the hot sauce at Halal stand on the corner of 53rd and 6th but be very very very cautious. I eat a lot of spicy food and have tried food all over the world but this by far is the spiciest thing I've ever had!

robertlouis
06-02-2012, 02:22 AM
One of the best Indian Resturants I went to few years back was in Pittsburgh. I really need to remember the names of these places.

There is a resturant that was featured on Food Network that has one the best Chicken Tiki Marsala. I know its not too far, but I will definately beheading their this summer. If you were in the NY area we could definately go and try it. Not many people I know can handle spicy food.

If you think Chicken Tikka Massala is spicy you've been conned. That dish was specifically put together in an Indian restaurant in the UK by a chef who added a tin of tomato soup to his chicken tikka for customers who complained it was too hot. It's made for people who don't like curry.

Go for the authentic styles like bhuna, madras, dhansak, vindaloo, jalfrezi etc if you want to get that ideal mix of flavour and heat.

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Have you ever had the experience, just as your giving your order they tell you that it will be too spicy. They make a huge deal only to let you find out the food is not spicy. Its annoying when food is only midly spicy.

i found out:

In asia: little speicy, mean your mouth will be on fire.

In Europe/USA: very spicy, you wonder where the spice is.

robertlouis
06-02-2012, 02:40 AM
i found out:

In asia: little speicy, mean your mouth will be on fire.

In Europe/USA: very spicy, you wonder where the spice is.

Not entirely true, Nina, although I've never had a decent curry in Germany - I reckon it's because while German food has plenty of flavour and you certainly know how to use herbs brilliantly in your cooking, you're less adventurous with spices - I lived in Frankfurt for a year and have family in Bayern so I do know what I'm talking about.

Here in the UK, however, we've had Indian restaurants for 150 years and they've become part of the culture. Every big city has its "curry mile" - I'll be having one in Glasgow on Monday, but from my small village in the sticks I can travel 12k to three Indian restaurants which for quality and price are far better than most of the city ones. And when you're a regular patron, they cook it just as you like. For example, when I go to any of those, they know to leave the chillies whole so that I can eat as many or as few as I like.

The only problem is that it's so hard to get good German beer to go with your curry!

nina_lisa
06-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Not entirely true, Nina, although I've never had a decent curry in Germany - I reckon it's because while German food has plenty of flavour and you certainly know how to use herbs brilliantly in your cooking, you're less adventurous with spices - I lived in Frankfurt for a year and have family in Bayern so I do know what I'm talking about.

Here in the UK, however, we've had Indian restaurants for 150 years and they've become part of the culture. Every big city has its "curry mile" - I'll be having one in Glasgow on Monday, but from my small village in the sticks I can travel 12k to three Indian restaurants which for quality and price are far better than most of the city ones. And when you're a regular patron, they cook it just as you like. For example, when I go to any of those, they know to leave the chillies whole so that I can eat as many or as few as I like.

The only problem is that it's so hard to get good German beer to go with your curry!

i rarely eat German food, don't remember the last time i did LOL.

And i agree with indian food in the UK, in London i know many places where for £5-£6 i can get an amazing curry. UK has bigger indian and asian community compared to Germany where they tend to adapt the taste more to the Germans.

Dino Velvet
06-02-2012, 02:51 AM

I got the palate of a Mexican. My amore flan is muy caliente.:jerkoff

loveboof
06-02-2012, 04:11 AM
This is what your thread reminded me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w

lol.. no point reading it now; it can't live up to my expectations ! :P