PDA

View Full Version : Food You Like That Never Gets Boring

Dino Velvet
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Not necessarily your favorite food but something you could eat every day and not get bored of it.

My list:
Cheerios
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Cheeseburgers
Bananas
Bacon

GrimFusion
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Bacon, sweet and sour chicken, nachos, avocados, and meth.

rydermorrison
05-31-2012, 10:05 AM
jamaican patties.. although once in 5th grade i ate a pb&j sandwich everyday for a whole year lol

Mayrah
05-31-2012, 10:15 AM
For me its pancakes :p

terrygrooby
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Cheese ! i'm actually on rehab

Token Williams-Black
05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Wheat Thins...the original flavor
Ruffles...all favors
Hawaiian Punch
Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni...I LOVE that shit!

GrimFusion
05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
jamaican patties.. although once in 5th grade i ate a pb&j sandwich everyday for a whole year lol

Jamaican me crazy.
I forgot kalua pork. Nothin' better than pig shoulder butt rubbed with salt. Shoulder butt. I just felt the need to say that twice.

Boomerang Man
05-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Cannellini beans. So versatile. You can mix them with so many things. Love them :tongue:

Nivek
05-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Pistachio nuts, I can knock off a 1 pound bag in a sitting. I even like the new different flavored ones and the unsalted ones, damn they're just so good!

phillyguy21
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Panera's Tomato & Mozzarella Panini Sandwich. It's a near-orgasm experience.

TatianaSummer
05-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Arroz con Habichuelas

argentina2007
05-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Saltfish ones and some encona sauce, can't beat it.

Quiet Reflections
05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Steak, Bacon, pizza, gyros,hot sauce,Chili,Sushi, pad thai, Pho, egg foo young, cheesecake,Crabs, shrimp,lobster, scallops,meatloaf, lasagna, multi-grain cheerios, Grits, western omelet, caramel rice cakes, salt and vinegar chips, Good humor Strawberry shortcake bar

I'm sure I missed a few

buttslinger
05-31-2012, 06:31 PM
I Nothin' better than pig shoulder butt rubbed with salt. Shoulder butt.

We called it westphalian ham cooked in a big steamer heavy metal pot with cabbage and potatoes, maybe some vinegar. But the pork they have today is crap, around here.

I COULD eat an entire loaf of fresh Panera Rye bread daily, toasted or plain with lots of butter, but I don't. They know me at all the Starbucks around here.

ed_jaxon
05-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Bacon

jamiethewild
05-31-2012, 06:58 PM
mexican food

ValerieNelson
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Poptarts, Doritos and Salsa, Stuffed Bell Peppers.

jamiethewild
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
omg also hot -cheetos with tapatio salsa and lemon but thats not food its junk food lol

ValerieNelson
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Ooooh and Dill Pickle Chips!!! Olives, and Pickles. :D

BluegrassCat
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
For breakfast: Bacon Egg Lettuce Tomato on a Bagel Sandwich
For Dinner: Neapolitan pizza with fresh mozz and perfectly charred crust. Keste in the West Village is my favorite but I make a pretty good one at home.

Erika1487
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Steak any cut and teaxs style BBQ

wbmando
05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Fois gras!

Stavros
05-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Freshly baked bread; eggs.

Dino Velvet
05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
mexican food

I was gonna say that but I couldn't narrow it down to one item I could eat every day. Maybe tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. I could eat rice and beans on the side with every meal.

Mexican Food is something I'm more comfortable cooking than anything else. Being an LA Native, it's not even ethnic to me since I grew up eating it sitting in high chairs and booster chairs in restaurants with my parents. Tamales are the only things I cannot cook but they have some nice made ones in the refrigerator aisle of Ralph's.

jamiethewild
05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
I was gonna say that but I couldn't narrow it down to one item I could eat every day. Maybe tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. I could eat rice and beans on the side with every meal.

Mexican Food is something I'm more comfortable cooking than anything else. Being an LA Native, it's not even ethnic to me since I grew up eating it sitting in high chairs and booster chairs in restaurants with my parents. Tamales are the only things I cannot cook but they have some nice made ones in the refrigerator aisle of Ralph's.

Well i can eat almost any kind of mexican i feel comfortable eating mexican food as well sometimes i love eating very spicy mexican food that almost burns my mouth i just love the spicy taste i got that from my mom she would cook very spicy like tamales , spicy salsa , chilaquiles , mole , enchiladas also , i agree i like everything with rice and beans on the side also , i know how to make tamales and pozole !! i also like fruit salads with tapatio salsa and limon sooo good you should give a try .. I rather make my own tamales taste way much tastier than ralphs but i guess ralphs is you only option:sad:

Overall i would pick any mexican kinda food over other stuff

GrimFusion
05-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, I can eat almost any kind of Mexican.
Legally? I've always wondered what people taste like, but I just don't have the stomach for cannibalism. lol.

JenniferParisHusband
05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Korean food. Any Asian food's normally, but Korean is my favorite. Especially Samgyup-sal.

You basically grill up some pork strips, wrap them in romaine lettuce with some rice, other Korean side dishes like Kimchee, slice of garlic, some fermented bean paste, and a little hot sauce, and yum! It's like heaven!

flabbybody
06-01-2012, 12:10 AM
New York bagels and pizza.
white castle cheesburgers, funny bones, dolly madison chocolate ice cream, wanton soup from Chinese take out.

Dino Velvet
06-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Well i can eat almost any kind of mexican i feel comfortable eating mexican food as well sometimes i love eating very spicy mexican food that almost burns my mouth i just love the spicy taste i got that from my mom she would cook very spicy like tamales , spicy salsa , chilaquiles , mole , enchiladas also , i agree i like everything with rice and beans on the side also , i know how to make tamales and pozole !! i also like fruit salads with tapatio salsa and limon sooo good you should give a try .. I rather make my own tamales taste way much tastier than ralphs but i guess ralphs is you only option:sad:

Overall i would pick any mexican kinda food over other stuff

When I buy those tamales at Ralph's, I always call them "Tamales for Güeros" at the checkstand because they're the only ones I can make. I grew up with a father that was always trying to get me to eat hot peppers as a child. Now I like hot food so much if it's not spicy enough I feel I haven't eaten anything. I think it's great you can make tamales and other things from scratch. My grandparents were Russian and I find that food boring.

Mexican Food might be my favorite too. I'm a Westside guy and go to El Coyote. When my dad was alive he knew all the East LA hole in the walls with the best food.

trish
06-01-2012, 12:23 AM
California roll, key lime pie and BBQ ribs...not all at one sitting.

Dino Velvet
06-01-2012, 12:25 AM
California roll, key lime pie and BBQ ribs...not all at one sitting.

Key Lime Pie every day, Trish? You must love the stuff. Been eating it since you were a kid? I think I could do BBQ Ribs too.

trish
06-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Key Lime Pie every day, Trish? You must love the stuff.
I do. My first taste was after I survived a three day canoe trip through the Everglades. I would've imprinted on the first refreshment I saw...turned out it was key lime pie.

Dino Velvet
06-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I do. My first taste was after I survived a three day canoe trip through the Everglades. I would've imprinted on the first refreshment I saw...turned out it was key lime pie.

I knew there had to be a story to it. It must have layers of goodness to you.

Jericho
06-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Cheese and Marmite on thick crusty toast...That shit never gets old.