PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Kirby Puckett

ManOfSteel
03-07-2006, 05:49 AM
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Hall of Famer and Twins great Kirby Puckett passed away Monday afternoon at a Phoenix hospital, one day after suffering a massive stroke. He was 45.
"The entire Minnesota Twins organization is saddened by the loss of Twins great Kirby Puckett," the team said in a statement.

Considered one of the greatest players ever to don a Twins uniform, Puckett spent 12 years with the club before his career was cut short in 1996 when glaucoma caused him to lose sight in his right eye. Puckett retired as the club's all-time leader in hits (2,304), doubles (414), total bases (3,453), at-bats (7,244) and runs (1,071). The 10-time All-Star was then selected as a first-ballot inductee into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2001.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-07-2006, 06:27 AM
damn shame
so young
so young

DJ_Asia
03-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Nice post....

I am shocked and truly saddened by his passing at such a very young age.His weight had gotten to be quite an issue lately,but still this news is still very hard to believe.

Kirby could flat play ball! He was a short lil dude,but could make amazing over the wall home run cheating catches in the Metrodome over and over again.At the plate he was an absolute terror,hitting for average and power.

Instead of going for a huge payday in NY or Boston,he spent his 12 year career with The Twins,a small market club,quite rae in modern sports.

His career was cut short after glaucoma took vision completely way from one eye,and now his health has cut short his life.

Fact is Kirby will for sure be roaming centerfield in that Field of Dreams in the sky!

DJ Asia

deebo
03-07-2006, 06:37 AM
ohh man i heard he had a stroke i thought he would recover

:(

rest in peace