PDA

View Full Version : Do Attend Your local Pride Parade/Event?

Erika1487
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I was recently invited by an old high school friend, (who happens to be a lesbian) to attend this years pride parade in Columbus Ohio. I have never attended a pride event before, not that I hold anything agianst the LGBT community, but have not had any intrest in going. This year is different, I no longer have to worry about being outed work, (since I got fired last fall) and am looking forward to supporting my friend. So my question is, Do you attend or have attended your local pride parade/events?

AmyDaly
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I've been to one. I performed at the la dyke march in like 2009 I believe in a band. I went to the pride festival later that evening and they had a nice entrance fee to walk in and get food. Its cool to go to every once in a while, but if I want to hang around that many gays, I rather just go to West Hollywood on a Friday or Saturday and not have to deal with the huge crowds or entrance fees.

Tranny Strip
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I was recently invited by an old high school friend, (who happens to be a lesbian) to attend this years pride parade in Columbus Ohio. I have never attended a pride event before, not that I hold anything agianst the LGBT community, but have not had any intrest in going. This year is different, I no longer have to worry about being outed work, (since I got fired last fall) and am looking forward to supporting my friend. So my question is, Do you attend or have attended your local pride parade/events?

I'm intretsed in hearing from people about this. Since Gay Pride does cover here in NYC the L.B.G.T. Community (Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Gay and Transgender) Community.

We are currently debating doing a Gay Pride Float Tranny Strip Float!! It is VERY VERY pricey to make this happen with sooo many costs involved to do it to the full upmost that I would only want to do.

There hasn't been a FULL ON TS Float in Gay Pride NYC Parade in many many years or maybe never???

I have meetings this week to decide if we are going to move forward. The theme and design of what I want to do is TOP SECRET....you will have to go to the Parade to see....if we do.

We would do an After Parade Party at our typical Sunday Night TS location. Gay Pride NYC is Sunday June 24th!!

I do inside feel the need to give back to the community and let the people know who we are and the support we can give one another. Also inspire people that are on the edge of becoming a TS but haven't fully commited.....but if they see us and the girls we might give some people some inspiration to do what your heart tells you. As this Parade in NYC is seen by almost 1 million people....adults, kids, teenagers, familys etc....

I will talk to my team and decide what my heart tells me to do even with the heavy burden expensive of the Parade. The girls are execited to do the Parade and have a TS Float represented.

Much Love,
John Ed

Merkurie
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I used to go the the NYC event back in the 90s.
It was huge fun. The best DJs from all over the world were there and the city was a big party the whole weekend.

Have'nt been in ages.

Nicole Dupre
05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I've been to few. When I lived in Wilton Manors, it was 4 blocks from my apartment.

jimbo1974
05-09-2012, 11:50 PM
When I lived in Wilton Manors, it was 4 blocks from my apartment.

*writes down*

*stalks*

:jerkoff

Wendy Summers
05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I've done NYC Pride, NJ Pride and Philly Pride a number of times over the years... it's pretty fun.

John,

I'm not sure if there's been a float or not in NYC Pride, but I know a number of the TS activism groups march almost every year.

TsJizelle
05-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Pride is one of the best weekends during the summer here in Toronto! I've attended every year since I was 14, so this year will be my 9th time going. It's just 1 weekend long block party that just doesn't stop!

In fact Toronto won the vote to host the first official World Pride in 2014. Which I can expect to be one helluva party!

To John Ed about a float, Goodhandy's has had a couple floats in the parade, I'm not sure about how successful it was as a marketing tool for them business wise since I don't work for them but if my memory is correct they didn't start off with a float but rather a booth that sits in the closed off streets where all the parties are.

They then were just a walking banner with some girls looking all sexy walking with it and never had any negative response from it that I'm personally aware of.

Maybe you should look at doing a booth first. They're more interactive than a float, gives you time to hand out flyers to people. Maybe set something up similar to a 'red carpet' style event where they can take pictures in front of a backdrop with some of your feature girls. Just an idea.

Either way, your company always styles itself very extravagant, so surely whatever it is you decide to do, people will know you're there :)

I've always wanted to go to NYC Pride!!!

Wendy Summers
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I've always wanted to go to NYC Pride!!!

Come down; I'm sure one of us in the region could put you up #justsayin

Nikka
05-10-2012, 12:52 AM
believe it or not I don't
Erika on your avatar pic your left elbow is too open, u gonna eat my uppercat

LibertyHarkness
05-10-2012, 12:54 AM
no i dont ..personally i i have nothing to do with the lgbt scene at all if i can help it ...

Erika1487
05-10-2012, 03:28 AM
I've been to one. I performed at the la dyke march in like 2009 I believe in a band. I went to the pride festival later that evening and they had a nice entrance fee to walk in and get food. Its cool to go to every once in a while, but if I want to hang around that many gays, I rather just go to West Hollywood on a Friday or Saturday and not have to deal with the huge crowds or entrance fees. I think that most stonewall/pride organizations try to do thier best to fundraise, but I question how of that money is actually going to the T in the LGBT equation?

Erika1487
05-10-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm intretsed in hearing from people about this. Since Gay Pride does cover here in NYC the L.B.G.T. Community (Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Gay and Transgender) Community.

We are currently debating doing a Gay Pride Float Tranny Strip Float!! It is VERY VERY pricey to make this happen with sooo many costs involved to do it to the full upmost that I would only want to do.

There hasn't been a FULL ON TS Float in Gay Pride NYC Parade in many many years or maybe never???

I have meetings this week to decide if we are going to move forward. The theme and design of what I want to do is TOP SECRET....you will have to go to the Parade to see....if we do.

We would do an After Parade Party at our typical Sunday Night TS location. Gay Pride NYC is Sunday June 24th!!

I do inside feel the need to give back to the community and let the people know who we are and the support we can give one another. Also inspire people that are on the edge of becoming a TS but haven't fully commited.....but if they see us and the girls we might give some people some inspiration to do what your heart tells you. As this Parade in NYC is seen by almost 1 million people....adults, kids, teenagers, familys etc....

I will talk to my team and decide what my heart tells me to do even with the heavy burden expensive of the Parade. The girls are execited to do the Parade and have a TS Float represented.

Much Love,
John Ed John good luck with that, it sounds like a big task, but you have a good team around you to pull it off.

Erika1487
05-10-2012, 04:14 AM
believe it or not I don't
Erika on your avatar pic your left elbow is too open, u gonna eat my uppercat Nikka my arm is bigger than your thigh. Even if could manage to land a punch, I have enough power to have knocked down a 250lb man sparring pratice. Maybe if I lost about 70lbs i could give ya a 'fair' fight..lol

robertlouis
05-10-2012, 04:20 AM
The only one I've been to was in Sydney, and it was great. They certainly know how to party. My sister sings with the LGBT choir in the city. She's straight, but finds it ten times more fun than the traditional choir that she also sings with.