PDA

View Full Version : I love american idol, call me gay, i dont care!!!

hondarobot
03-02-2006, 05:18 AM
"Pickler Girl"? I'm sold on that alone. Who the hell is this "pickler girl"?

Thanks J, now I have to check this wacky show out.

By the way, "Lost" took a few interesting turns tonight, as far as TV goes. I'm just saying.

:?

Quinn
03-02-2006, 05:41 AM
By the way, "Lost" took a few interesting turns tonight, as far as TV goes. I'm just saying.

Not to hijack J's thread or anything, but I think the prisoner definitely is an other. From my perspective, the reasons for thinking so are as follows:

1. When asked about his financing for the hot air balloon trip he said, "I used to be wealthy." That implies that he has been on the island for a long time, not the months that he has claimed. If it was a matter of months, he would have likely replied that he "is a wealthy man." Only someone trapped on the Island for a long time would have given up his attachment to that aspect of his life in such a way.

2. If his wife had truly died recently, he would have responded to questions concerning her death differently.

3. You mean to tell me that he can't comprehend Dostoevsky, yet he has the intellect to assess and manipulate Locke so expertly. This demonstrates precisely the sort of intellect that is tailor made for reading and fully appreciating Dostoevsky.

One word: other.

-Quinn

hondarobot
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Not to hijack J's thread or anything, but I think the prisoner definitely is an other. From my perspective, the reasons for thinking so are as follows:

1. When asked about his financing for the hot air balloon trip he said, "I used to be wealthy." That implies that he has been on the island for a long time, not the months that he has claimed. If it was a matter of months, he would have likely replied that he "is a wealthy man." Only someone trapped on the Island for a long time would have given up his attachment to that aspect of his life in such a way.

2. If his wife had truly died recently, he would have responded to questions concerning her death differently.

3. You mean to tell me that he can't comprehend Dostoevsky, yet he has the intellect to assess and manipulate Locke so expertly. This demonstrates precisely the sort of intellect that is tailor made for reading and fully appreciating Dostoevsky.

One word: other.

-Quinn

I think he's "other" as well. Unfortunately, as far as that damn show goes, this pretty much guarentees that we'll both be wrong.

:)

chefmike
03-02-2006, 04:18 PM
This thread reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry walked in and caught George crying while watching "Home Alone"....not that that's a bad thing...

George Costanza
03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
...that all takes a back seat to this chris daughtry kid..thats fuckin talent...no way he loses this thing unless he does a heil hitler or something on stage...

Pretty funny! :lol:

To answer Honda's question, here's the "Pickler girl"... http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/kellie_pickler

samstl99
03-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Quinn, I agree, the prisoner is an "other" I was trying to get a glimpse of the flashback of the operating room and wish I would have remember who was in the woods when the others confronted Jack and the group.
Also he keeps being asked to be let go.. where is he going to go? back to supposedly living by himself?.. and how is it that he did not see or hear the plane crash.

Also when Ecko was confessing to him, he did not act like he didn't know what he was talking about. I think there was fear in his eyes when he was with Ecko. He definately is an "other"

I am also a Huge Fan of 24. That is a great Show.

Quinn
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda,

I totally follow your point about it seeming to be perhaps too obvious. The show does tend to throw curveballs at us.

Sam,

Good point. Where in the hell would he want to go? If it were me, and I had spent those months supposedly wandering in the jungle, I would definitely want to stay, not leave.

Ecko is a great character that would cause me to worry.

-Quinn

P.S. If J was worried about the begining of this thread sounding gay, we have definitely gayed it up a notch by chatting like a bunch of housewives reviewing their favorite soap opera :lol:

skweetis
03-02-2006, 05:28 PM
i know one of the failed contestants.
he was kinda bigger, gay and had and afro like hair.
white guy with a cape thing.
he also has eyeliner on...
(yet there are tons of contestants that match this)

he was drunk and singing at a restaurant when i met him.

tsntx
03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
OK, J, you're gay
co-sign :wink:

rocklob
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Call me gay too, if you want, but regarding the guy Jack's hiding in the hatch, didn't anyone notice his name is Henry Gale? That's Dorothy's Uncle Henry from the Wizard of Oz.
A clue from Abrams for the fans? Or a heads up for a quickwitted castaway to figure out he's an "other"?
Hurley would notice!

lurker
03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
And that Jewish kid can sing pretty good too. I'm betting on one of the girls to win the whole thing. Only about 3 of the guys really even deserve to be there.

That's on American Idol. I don't watch "The lost 24" or whetever that other show is you guys are talking about.

BeardedOne
03-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Just my :2cent

:lol:

NickTheQuick
03-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I really love the show during the auditions. Then it slowly gets old. I like most of the girls that are left now, since that lippy bitch Brenna, from NY is gone. http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/brenna_gethers/
"Call me Clive, let's make some money". Bitch please. Call Kramer, he'll finally put your mouth to good use. And that Heather Coxxx chick that also got cut, doesn't she look like a dragqueen? A really hot one that is.

As far as the guys, it's the opposite. I have a hard time finding any that aren't annoying me. So far the gray haired dude is it (Taylor Hicks), but I can see him getting old soon too. And J, I didn't mind your bald-headed boyfriend either until I heard about his life story for the 8th time. I get it....he married some chubby hoe who already had 2 kids. Fuckin' great for all. And the rest of the guys......I wish they would all choke on some Aedan-juice(especially Ace-hole and Elliott Summerteeth Yamin http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/elliott_yamin/ ).

Caleigh
03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Kellie Pickler?! are you joking?

omg, blond bubbly like that makes me want to hurl

Paris is going to blow everyone away. She just
needs to pick a good uptempo Aretha number and
the deal will be sealed.

chefmike
03-05-2006, 10:47 PM
:wink: :arrow:

NickTheQuick
03-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Fucking poser, I knew there was more to the baldness. Original my ass. He wants to be Ed Kowalczyk and this proves it. Oh well, at least they got rid of that dork Kevin. Ace-hole you're next.

"Did Chris Daughtry cross the line?

That's the question "American Idol" chat-room devotees are debating after the rocker sang a rendition of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" Tuesday nearly identical to a version Live recorded for a 2001 compilation — without giving them credit.
"Taking credit for Live's works should result in Chris being removed from the show or at least having to make a public apology." — 'Idol' blogger DJSlim

Daughtry never claimed it was his arrangement outright, but the judges seemingly assumed it was his, praising him for the arrangement. Live, who also included the cover on their 2004 greatest-hits album, were never mentioned.

Last week Daughtry sang Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" similar to the cover version the Red Hot Chili Peppers did but fully acknowledged it in his pre-performance segment. For that reason fans in various chat rooms believe he was not trying to mislead the public with "I Walk the Line" and have suggested he might have mentioned Live, only to see it edited out.

As is the case with all the remaining contestants, Daughtry is not available for comment and a spokesperson for "American Idol" had no comment.

After the 26-year-old McLeansville, North Carolina, native performed Tuesday, Randy Jackson praised him for taking a song everyone knows and putting a twist on it. Simon Cowell said he made a great song his own.

Jacob Clifton, who covers "Idol" for TelevisionWithoutPity.com, noted that a similar situation happened last season after Carrie Underwood sang the Janis Joplin staple "Piece of My Heart" similar to how Faith Hill had covered it.

"I think it's more a sign of the judges being out of touch or the show's producers deliberately trying to fool the public," Clifton said. "The fact is Chris should not be blamed for using the arrangements that he does. I think the show does him a disservice by not being open about it because in the end it's going to come out. And since his appeal is in being real ... it could hurt his musical career in the long run. I would make sure the judges knew that the arrangements were from recent covers."

Also quick to defend Daughtry was Kimberly Caldwell, a second-season finalist and current host of the TV Guide Channel's "Idol Tonight."

"That's stupid, so what?" she said. "We're doing cover songs, so leave it alone. Who cares? He didn't steal it and say, 'I wrote these words.' Everybody needs to get over it and find something else to talk about. It makes me really angry because I'm a huge Chris Daughtry fan and everybody really enjoyed that performance. Maybe somebody should have said, 'And I wanted to get the vibe of Live' as well, but they didn't, so whatever. Let's move on."

Not so fast, said DJSlim, who writes a popular "Idol" blog at Idol.Slimtainment.com.

"The bottom line is stealing and taking credit for Live's works should result in Chris being removed from the show or at least having to make a public apology," he said. "I know it is a strong punishment but in the day of copyrights and trademarks, 'Idol' is the first to send the law in after us when we steal their work, so why should they allow their contestants to do the same?"

David Bloomberg, editor of RealityNewsOnline.com and FoxesOnIdol.com, concurred with DJSlim.

"He definitely should not have taken credit for the arrangement or allowed people to praise his originality," Bloomberg said. "In his video piece, he talked about doing something different with the arrangement when he had to know he was simply using somebody else's arrangement. Then he stood onstage and let the judges talk about how he made it his own when he really did nothing of the sort."

Calls to Live's management were not returned by press time.

Cowell has called Daughtry one of his three favorites to win, along with Taylor Hicks and Kellie Pickler (see " 'American Idol' Final 12 Celebrate Making The Cut"). "