PDA

View Full Version : 3 Stooges

GroobySteven
04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Who knows what the movie will be like - but this trailer has had me laughing.

The Three Stooges (2012) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQwMzYwNjQ3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzczNDMxNw@@._ V1._SX94_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTQwMzYwNjQ3OF5BMl 5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzczNDMxNw@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX94@@AMEPAR AM@@SY140 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383010/)

Chase_Mcthirsty
04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Well as a kid growing up and even now I can say that I enjoyed watching The 3 Stooges.

See the problem I have with it is that I don't mind watching the original ones that came in 15 minute shorts but to undergo an hour and 30 mins of nonstop slapstick???

Maybe if they gave it the Naked Gun or Hotshots treatment.
Keep in mind this show goes back to the 1930's so this is one of those few instances where Hollywood should have given it a face lift.

Back when Connan Obrian was on NBC he had Quinton Tarantino do a version of 3 stooges. Lets just say that his version had me on the floor. Now that I would pay to see...(It would probably be rated NC17 though)

It still hit number 2 in the box office over the weekend though. But I went to see "Cabin In The Woods".

Now that was a "GOOD" horror movie film. So Cabin In The Woods, I recommend checking out. But save the Stooges for the Redbox release.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Well as a kid growing up and even now I can say that I enjoyed watching The 3 Stooges.

See the problem I have with it is that I don't mind watching the original ones that came in 15 minute shorts but to undergo an hour and 30 mins of nonstop slapstick???

Maybe if they gave it the Naked Gun or Hotshots treatment.
Keep in mind this show goes back to the 1930's so this is one of those few instances where Hollywood should have given it a face lift.

Back when Connan Obrian was on NBC he had Quinton Tarantino do a version of 3 stooges. Lets just say that his version had me on the floor. Now that I would pay to see...(It would probably be rated NC17 though)

It still hit number 2 in the box office over the weekend though. But I went to see "Cabin In The Woods".

Now that was a "GOOD" horror movie film. So Cabin In The Woods, I recommend checking out. But save the Stooges for the Redbox release.

Wonder what the Coen Brothers would do to The 3 Stooges. Tarantino sounds interesting. Tim Burton's 3 Stooges might be a bad idea. Johnny Depp would be a weird Mo.

Need to see Cabin In The Woods still.

Prospero
04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Always preferred the Marx brothers.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Prospero or Seanchai, how big were/are The 3 Stooges and The Marx Brothers in the UK?

Prospero
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Marx brothers are pretty highly rated. Don't think the Stooges are so well known. But then they were both way before my time when first released.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Marx brothers are pretty highly rated. Don't think the Stooges are so well known. But then they were both way before my time when first released.

Before all of our times, Prospero.

I watched a lot of 1970s sit-coms growing up like All In The Family, Sanford & Son, Barney Miller, and Taxi. I didn't see much of The 3 Stooges, Marx Brothers, Abbott & Costello. Bowery Boys, Little Rascals, or WC Fields. My remaining viewing was Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, and Horror Films.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
BTW Prospero, I really enjoyed our short discussion the other night on Kinski. It was 3AM over here but I didn't give a shit. Kinski was a madman and there is no wrong time to discuss him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4JDAZj7MS4E/TeLbftVqqXI/AAAAAAAAAn0/vKo6Y2Cvmdk/s1600/ennemis-intimes-06-g.jpg

Prospero
04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Kinski is much missed. Well the mind works at any hour doesn't it - except when I have just woken up.

GroobySteven
04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
In the UK we got more Harold Lloyd and Laurel and Hardy. Sat mornings.

I love Laurel and Hardy, they were the best. I have this Sebastian Kruger painting up in my lounge.

http://www.limelightagency.com/Sebastian-Kruger/images/500-eng/laurel-hardy.jpg

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 07:05 PM
In the UK we got more Harold Lloyd and Laurel and Hardy. Sat mornings.

I love Laurel and Hardy, they were the best. I have this Sebastian Kruger painting up in my lounge.

http://www.limelightagency.com/Sebastian-Kruger/images/500-eng/laurel-hardy.jpg

Seanchai, you were a kid of the 1970s too, weren't you? I'm 44 now.

Our Saturday Mornings sounded somewhat similar as far as TV options.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Kinski is much missed. Well the mind works at any hour doesn't it - except when I have just woken up.

Don't forget to see The Great Silence. Don't know about The 3 Stooges but I'm a big fan of The 3 Sergios(Leone, Corbucci, Sollima).

The Great Silence (Il grande silenzio) Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAJI-UQ4Tak)

Prospero
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep - lots of Laurel and Hardy. loved the guys. Also a fair bit of Charlie Chaplin too.

The great Hal Roach. Met him onetime.

nice picture seanchai

GroobySteven
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Seanchai, you were a kid of the 1970s too, weren't you? I'm 44 now.

Our Saturday Mornings sounded somewhat similar as far as TV options.

Yep 41 here. Batman, Lone Ranger, Flash Gordon, Laurel and Hardy, The Monkees, Tarzan. Re-runs all but they were golden.

GroobySteven
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't forget to see The Great Silence. Don't know about The 3 Stooges but I'm a big fan of The 3 Sergios(Leone, Corbucci, Sollima).

I think you know my taste is in those also especially when coupled with Ennio.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I think you know my taste is in those also especially when coupled with Ennio.

We've talked many times. Always like comparing taste of people from different countries. Switches things up. I remember ordering a bunch of British films after having a good conversation with you too.

I've reached out to Ilya from Russia to see if he can recommend anything from there too. I mentioned Daywatch/Nightwatch, Trackman, films of Andrey Iskanov. Horror stuff. Sorry, all I know...

hippifried
04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
This movie is sacrilege!
Somebody needs to be burned at the stake.

Dino Velvet
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
This movie is sacrilege!
Somebody needs to be burned at the stake.

Hippi, are you a big 3 Stooges fan? I don't blame you if you think they are tarnishing the image. I have no opinion myself.

shaustin
04-18-2012, 06:28 AM
I wrote this movie off at the trailer. When you incorporate the cast of Jersey Shore into your movie your aiming at the lowest of low brow and targeting an audience that I for one do not want to be a part of. While I'm sure it would be alright for a few yucks, it's painfully clear that there will be no structure, story, or importance to be had in this film. In a few years when it's on cable I'll probly watch it if nothing else is on, other than that I'll stick to the originals in re-runs.

And just incase I didn't piss anyone off with that: Shemp was the best Stooge!!!

AcadiaVeneer
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Who knows what the movie will be like - but this trailer has had me laughing.

The Three Stooges (2012) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383010/)

I want to see this so bad! I love the 3 stooges. My grandfather and I used to watch them together

flabbybody
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
In New York Officer Joe Bolton hosted The Three Stooges show on Chanel 11.
I used to watch it every day after school.

I definitely will see the movie.

teegeelover
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I am a big Stooges fan. I have many episodes on DVD. This is gonna be a big let down...another hollywood rehash fail.

tslvr
04-18-2012, 11:38 PM
I saw the movie and I actually really had fun watching it.

Bobzz
04-19-2012, 02:31 AM
In New York Officer Joe Bolton hosted The Three Stooges show on Chanel 11.
I used to watch it every day after school.

I definitely will see the movie.

Officer Joe was the only way to watch the Three Stooges. WPIX ruled my world as a youngster.

TatianaSummer
04-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Just saw the trailer, LOL. Funny movie to watch. :)

sucka4chix
04-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Never really got into the Three Stooges, but the Farrelly brothers make me laugh hard.