PDA

View Full Version : memorial tribute to Alexis Rivera

tsbrenda
04-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Our dear friend and an amazing community activist, Alexis Rivera (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1091665800&sk=wall), died yesterday at age 34 of complications related to HIV. Many of us were with her around-the-clock during her final week in the hospital, as well as during her 6 days at hospice.

But speaking personally, I want to say that all of this is true, and still it is a more complicated picture.
Why does a 34 year old woman die of advanced HIV disease? In Los Angeles? With access to every benefit, and surrounded by family… and friends – most of whom work in the field of HIV social services? Especially when she herself worked in HIV services for many years.
Shame does so much more than we can see on the front end, Secrecy. Denial. Things she never talked about. The relationship with the person who eventually infected her with HIV. The complications of silicone, and how that impacted her ability to fight her HIV effectively. Her virtual refusal to be adherent to her HIV meds, and her refusal to talk about it.

http://learningtrans.org/2012/03/29/memorial-tribute-to-alexis-rivera/

pimpdog
04-02-2012, 12:56 AM
So fucking sad, we need to speak up, the silence on the subject here is frightening, Somebody made a warning in the Thailand thread, and was ignored, respect yourself, protect yourself at all times, not just for your life, but the life of others.

SEXY TS JESS
04-02-2012, 01:02 AM
may god rest her soul.. ughhh another sista lost but not forgotten !

TsJizelle
04-02-2012, 02:02 AM
this is very sad. RIP Alexis, you leave behind a positive imprint on the world.

her family and friends are all in my prayers. I know it's not easy to lose someone who is such a good part of the world.

sp fan
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
modern medicine has failed and is utterly corrupt with their war vs aids. the hiv theory is a fraud and needs to be addresed by lamestream science.

GroobySteven
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM
The complications of silicone, and how that impacted her ability to fight her HIV effectively.

Sorry to hear that.
What is this though, do you have a link to why silicone impacts the ability to fight HIV please?

Nicole Dupre
04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Why would you copy and paste something like this and then post it under your own name? It's a bit misleading to imply that you were "with her around-the-clock during her final week in the hospital, as well as during her 6 days at hospice".

Why not say something yourself and explain that you're providing a link with the entire article?

GroobySteven
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Why would you copy and paste something like this and then post it under your own name? It's a bit misleading to imply that you were "with her around-the-clock during her final week in the hospital, as well as during her 6 days at hospice".

Oh that's not very cool if she wasn't there?

Prospero
04-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Surely a tragic loss of a young life - but also a tragic lesson to others. Her "virtual refusal to be compliant to her HIV meds" is surely the key here. The anti retroviral medications now given to most patients have turned what was assuredly a killer some decades ago into something that most (in the developed world) can survive with into old age.

Chiba5
04-02-2012, 04:40 PM
She may be gone but she'll never be forgotten

Nicole Dupre
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, remember that "tsbrenda" is also "natina". And, so far, I've never seen "her" post anything that hasn't been copied and pasted, and didn't have something to do with tucking or silicone. In fact, I've never seen "he form a complete sentence in the 8 years "she's" been here.

I just assumed "tsbrenda" was once again satisfying "her" OCD silicone pumping info fetish. The text in the OP is taken directly from the link, and the OP's name is clearly not "Susan", unless that's yet another name that "tsbrenda" aka "natina" goes by. lol

http://www.nikki-dupre.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/memorial-tribute-to-Alexis-Rivera-.png

bte
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Sad that she died, but this is actually the first post (that I have seen) that TsBrenda or Natina has posted that wasn't a pile of shit.

Nicole Dupre
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Sad that she died, but this is actually the first post (that I have seen) that TsBrenda or Natina has posted that wasn't a pile of shit.
That's only because brenda gets off on anything having to do with silicone. Reading stories about pumping is like erotic fiction for brenda. It's truly a weird fetish. But if you look at a site like Fictionmania, you'll see that brenda/natina isn't the only one who's sexually aroused by reading even the most tedious drivel concerning the physical transformations of transsexuals. As sick as it sounds, I wouldn't doubt that the above story made brenda horny. But my guess is as good as yours, as far as what makes brenda tick. I'd say it fairly obvious though that we're dealing with a truly bizarre individual; someone who's essentially illiterate, caught up in a masturbatory world of silicone, surgeries, and Krazy Glued cocks.