PDA

View Full Version : Editing post

Prospero
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
When did the administrators here change the rules - making it impossible to edit posts or delete them? We can only edit posts for ten minutes after posting them.

I wanted to go and delete a lot of my old and now irrelevent posts and find I can't.

rodinuk
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Fairly recently - I only noticed it yesterday when advising a guy who'd asked about editing the thread title.

Wendy Summers
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm finding it a tad annoying... I'd prefer not to start a new thread everytime I update my website, but without being able to edit the thread title there's no way for folks to know there's new pics in a thread that goes on for pages.

Yvonne183
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
When did the administrators here change the rules - making it impossible to edit posts or delete them? We can only edit posts for ten minutes after posting them.

I wanted to go and delete a lot of my old and now irrelevent posts and find I can't.

Ha ha ha , time to edit those posts that might contradict with the posts you make today. lol

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 01:07 AM
I say stupid shit that I need to delete on rare occasions. Please restore my deleting superpowers. I don't want to have to think before pressing "Submit Reply". Rather get rid of it when the haze goes away.

onmyknees
03-14-2012, 02:33 AM
And I thought it was something I was or wasn't doing correctly. This recent change is not well recieved...got that mods? Did I spell recieve incorrectly....? Damn too late to edit.

flabbybody
03-14-2012, 03:39 AM
what you say here stays here....

scroller
03-14-2012, 03:45 AM
I suspect that some of you don't know how the Internet works.

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 03:45 AM
what you say here stays here....

Some stuff is so bad or embarrassing we don't even want it here. Taking your psychological health in consideration as well. When we delete we mod ourselves in a way so you guys don't have to sift through as much nonsense.

Yvonne183
03-14-2012, 04:21 AM
I sometimes think that just being on this forum could be an embarrassment.

I have a question, I'd like to know if i could edit other people's posts?

MdR Dave
03-14-2012, 07:19 AM
I suspect that some of you don't know how the Internet works.

I just edited a post in another thread. Take that, Interwebz!

Now if we could just get the tags back. . .wig on your admins!

Prospero
03-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Yvonne - you can edit mine, if I can edit yours x

traLika
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, crappy new rules! I wanted to delete a peurile comment that wasn't very funny and found I couldn't.

Mods, please restore our rights to delete our own posts!

TatianaSummer
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Occupy HungAngels!!!! LOL:whistle:

ed_jaxon
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
occupy dat azz!

tease

traLika
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I think this was the thread that inspired the new rule:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=64981

TatianaSummer
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
occupy dat azz!

tease

Occupy my shemale clit. :whistle: :)

ed_jaxon
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I reeeeeaaaaalllllly hope your girl bends you over like your avatar, pulls out the strap on and gives you what for.

Biggest teaser on HA.

Has Dino seen this shot?

GroobySteven
03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Why do you think before you press that "Enter" button?
Too many people go back and try and change what they said when being dumb asses.

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Has Dino seen this shot?

Just woke up. What happened? Is there some picture?:party:

buttslinger
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
It's officially official...If you put it on the internet...it's there.....fo'evah!!!!!!!!!

Prospero
03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Seems that every burp, hicupp and drunken mistake we produce is worthy of being kept by our masters here at Hung Angels. I wonder why they changed the rules to stop deletions?.

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Seems that every burp, hicupp and drunken mistake we produce is worthy of being kept by our masters here at Hung Angels. I wonder why they changed the rules to stop deletions?.

Many arguments probably avoided by deleting one's own posts. I've had poster's remorse many times but had the ability to save myself and push away from any impending drama. Seems like this makes things harder on the mods as much as anyone.

Was there a reason for doing this? Maybe there was a good one. We just aren't aware.

traLika
03-14-2012, 09:02 PM

I think the new rule might have been created to discourage people from doing what Paris was trying to do a few days ago:

(If someone with thousands of posts wants to delete each and every one of them, the continuity of a lot of threads is going to be affected.)

But, of course, I could be wrong - there might have been another reason…

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I think the new rule might have been created to discourage people from doing what Paris was trying to do a few days ago:

(If someone with thousands of posts wants to delete each and every one of them, the continuity of a lot of threads is going to be affected.)

But, of course, I could be wrong - there might have been another reason…

That's a good point in the pro "no delete" column. Threads get awkward and impossible to decipher with too many missing pieces.

How unique is Paris' situation? I've seen other similar ones but not sure how common.

So much fighting here it just seems if we could muzzle ourselves, even after the fact, things would be less problematic.

traLika
03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
That's a good point in the pro "no delete" column. Threads get awkward and impossible to decipher with too many missing pieces.

How unique is Paris' situation? I've seen other similar ones but not sure how common.

So much fighting here it just seems if we could muzzle ourselves, even after the fact, things would be less problematic.

I don't think there are too many who'd want to completely remove all of their stuff from the forum so I don't believe that would be a good enough reason for Admin removing everyone's access to their old posts.

I can think of more reasons against what they have done. Wendy's already pointed out that it can be annoying when you want to update certain threads. As you've pointed out, we all say stupid shit from time to time and it would be nice to remove that stuff before someone is embarrassed, hurt or offended. And others might want to privately remove some of their more personal info that shouldn't really be 'public' any more.

So... I don't like the changes.

Dino Velvet
03-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Maybe we should take a breathalyzer test as part of login procedures.