PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush For President?

Ben
03-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Mitt Romney looks increasingly like a sacrificial lamb. He's another Bob Dole.
We may have a brokered Republican convention. So, the Republican wise elders, as it were, could choose Jeb Bush. (And Jeb Bush has talked about the crazies taking over the Party.) And Jeb Bush was a popular Governor. He's married to a Mexican woman. He speaks fluent Spanish. And, too, he's popular with Dems.

Jeb Bush For President? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVb0XW3HF2M)

Ben
03-02-2012, 03:07 AM
The Jeb Bush Alternative? Media Debates Late Entry - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjHwFWw7oU0)

Gouki
03-02-2012, 03:14 AM
what a disaster that would be

Odelay
03-02-2012, 03:40 AM
and, too, he's popular with dems.

lmao

Ben
03-02-2012, 04:12 AM
lmao

Actually, he's perceived as a moderate. And so-called Dems, who are upset with Obama, could possibly vote for a "moderate" Jeb Bush....
He isn't a "loony" like Santorum. Again, he's considered moderate. And, too, he's the smart one -- :)

Jeb Bush - On Immigration - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcLWrt9NeI)

Ben
03-02-2012, 04:27 AM
what a disaster that would be

Ha ha ha!
Might as well. I mean, we've had the Father, the Son... and, well, it'll be either him or his son: George P. Bush....
Whether or not we like it, well, another Bush is comin' down the pipeline -- ha ha! :)

Ben
03-02-2012, 04:35 AM
And if they can't rule America, well, they'll buy Paraguay -- ha ha!

George Bush purchased 100 Thousand Acres in Paraguay, South America!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiyKtlwqXIg)

buttslinger
03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I ask myself .."What would Karl Rove do?"

Stavros
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Stanely Greenberg, a veteran Democrat pollster I understand, has discounted the chances of the current GOP candidtes becoming the challenger to Obama. In his view, the inability of any of the candidates to get enough delegates to support them at the Republican convention leaves the way open for a White Knight to emerge, he thinks either Mitch Daniels or Jeb Bush. I don't know much about either, and I can't find a satisactory explanation for the term White Knight, although it is used to refer to a company that appears during a difficult merger/takeover bid to either support the beleagured company or make a better offer. White in this case, as a challenger to Obama, is of course ironic.

It appears that so few Republicans think highly of any of the surviving chaps they will eventually endorse someone 'fresh and exciting' if that isn't an oxymoron when discussing the Republican Party. Looks like the London Olympics won't be the only thing on the news this summer...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...andidate-video (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/video/2012/feb/22/stan-greenberg-republican-candidate-video)

onmyknees
03-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Come On Ben...Why float shit like this? We're Bushed out. Jeb's a decent guy but politics is about timing and it's not his time. He's moved closer to the center, and the party's moved fiscally right. That's not a marriage made in heaven. Jeb's from the David Frum, David Brooks wing of the party......mushy moderates. They liked to be liked by the enemy at the expense of the base. You want to send Obama back in a landslide....put another Bush on the ballot. You all underestimate Romney. He's no Bob Dole....mark my words. If he puts Christie or Rubio on the ticket and promises Ron Paul a position such as Treasury Secretary...Barry's in for the fight of his charmed life.
And as for Stanley Greenberg....a fairly accurate pollster, but the operative word..."Democrat". He is right about Mitch Daniels. He gets America from the top to the bottom, and understands you can't piss off the base, but he had his shot at the title, and forfeited.

Silcc69
03-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Come On Ben...Why float shit like this? We're Bushed out. Jeb's a decent guy but politics is about timing and it's not his time. He's moved closer to the center, and the party's moved fiscally right. That's not a marriage made in heaven. Jeb's from the David Frum, David Brooks wing of the party......mushy moderates. They liked to be liked by the enemy at the expense of the base. You want to send Obama back in a landslide....put another Bush on the ballot. You all underestimate Romney. He's no Bob Dole....mark my words. If he puts Christie or Rubio on the ticket and promises Ron Paul a position such as Treasury Secretary...Barry's in for the fight of his charmed life.
And as for Stanley Greenberg....a fairly accurate pollster, but the operative word..."Democrat". He is right about Mitch Daniels. He gets America from the top to the bottom, and understands you can't piss off the base, but he had his shot at the title, and forfeited.

So is that who YOU want to win the nominee then?

Faldur
03-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Another vote, "stay out da bushes!"

onmyknees
03-03-2012, 06:02 AM
So is that who YOU want to win the nominee then?

No...Mitch Daniels is too subdued.....the media driven culture we live in now needs 30 second sound bites for the evening news....You're not going to get that from him. Mitch Daniels is slow, steady profoundly competent and gounded. Do I think he would make a good President....absolutely But People like flash, song and dance and snappy oratory...but not much on substance. That's just the way it is.

My choices would have been..

1. Paul Ryan
2. Marco Rubio
3. Christie

BluegrassCat
03-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Romney will lock it up eventually. Then it's 1996 all over again.

Gouki
03-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Romney and Obama = Goldman Sachs Lackeys

buttslinger
03-03-2012, 06:44 AM
This has already been a great election year and it's only march.

onmyknees
03-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Romney will lock it up eventually. Then it's 1996 all over again.

I'll mark that down. Hopefully your streak of being incorrect will continue at least until November. If by chance you're right, then it will be more like 1984 (as in George. Orwell) rather than 1996. lol

Stavros
03-04-2012, 05:07 AM
An intriguing external factor is emerging -the Sunday Telegraph is saying that Netanyahu, when he meets the President this week, will deliver an 'ultimatum' to Obama over Iran, in effect insisting that the USA support an Israeli attack on Iran's developing nuclear facilities. Even by the warped standards of Israeli diplomacy, the 'ultimatum' sounds like the demands of a playground bully. The intriguing element is the timing -suppose there is no clear agreement between Obama and Netanyahu and the latter decides to attack Iran in October...what does Obama do? We cannot know if the attack would be successful, if there would be retaliation from Hezbollah in Lebanon, and so on. It looks like Ahmadinejad's favourites have lost out to Conservatives in the legislative elections in Iran but I doubt this will impact on nuclearisation.

Setting aside the strategic stupidity of an attack (Iran will merely re-build its facilities); we do know Netanyahu hates Obama and wants him to be a one-term President so that another tame Republican in the White House will be more obedient to Israel and its fanatical government; could this become a defining issue for the election, rather than the 'economy, stupid'?

hippifried
03-04-2012, 07:46 AM
A public Israeli "ultimatum" would give President Obama impunity to shoot down any planes that violate airspace that we control or protect.

giovanni_hotel
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Christie is just too damn fat to be elected POTUS, and he doesn't have enough juice to get Romney over the top.

No one likes an angry fat guy.

ANd if it's perceived that Netanyahu launched an October surprise attack against Iran in part to insure BHO's defeat, long term it could fracture the US/Israeli alliance.

Since when does Israel publicly dictate U.S. foreign policy to its one and only benefactor??
I don't think most Americans would look too kindly at Israel dragging us into another regional war in the ME.

Silcc69
03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Ah good ole Israel aka the 51st state

How Israel is Reported to the American People - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqEwK9lRaP8)

Ben
04-11-2014, 04:30 AM
Conservative Heads Explode Over Jeb Bush Immigration Comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWp_cAZkck4

buttslinger
04-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Odds from Ladbrokes in England

Marco Rubio 5/1
Chris Christie 5/1
Paul Ryan 8/1
Jeb Bush 8/1
Rand Paul 8/1
Scott Walker 14/1
Mike Huckabee 14/1
Bobby Jindal 16/1
Ted Cruz 16/1
Susana Martinez 20/1
Condoleeza Rice 25/1
Rick Santorum 25/1
Eric Cantor 25/1
Bob McDonnell 25/1
Rob Portman 25/1
Sarah Palin 33/1
Nikki Haley 33/1

Ben
02-16-2015, 05:51 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfil2gnVcdE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfil2gnVcdE)

plankton
02-16-2015, 09:37 AM
I haven't been excited about any candidate for the presidency in the last 20 years. For me it's been who do I think will fuck things up the least.

trish
02-16-2015, 04:28 PM
'cause his Dad and his brother did so well.
I offer the following slogan, no charge.

The B in JEB
stands for
BUSH

AshlynCreamher
02-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Jeb Bush the president? Hell no...

I'm holding out for Scott Walker and Paul Ryan as his running mate

Ben
11-04-2015, 05:00 AM
Jeb Bush the president? Hell no...

I'm holding out for Scott Walker and Paul Ryan as his running mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ulk86Nt4hk

Ben
11-04-2015, 05:04 AM
Jeb Bush Hits New Low As Bobby Jindal Passes Him In Iowa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-F5nJTbos

buttslinger
11-06-2015, 06:38 PM
I think the conventional wisdom a couple weeks ago was that it was going to come down to Bush or Rubio,

Now it seems that Marco "Skippy" Rubio is going to have to convince the Republican Voters that he is the Chosen One to lead them out of the Wilderness. Pictured on stage debating with Hillary Clinton, he probably has the best chance of any Republican Contender, but I think maybe he should hang on to his day job. Unless he's positioning himself for something else, who knows what's going on anymore. His only real message is YOUTH.

fred41
11-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Bush just seems like he doesn't really want the job. He says he does, but maybe that's just a family push? You're right Slinger, conventional wisdom would have put him way higher a month or two ago...not anymore - he's got too much ground to cover to go from boring to inspirational. I also wouldn't have thought Trump would still be up this long. It also surprises me how really well Ben Carson is doing in polls. Yeah, he comes across as a nice soft spoken person, but am I the only one that thinks that - for a neurosurgeon, he seems like an incredibly dim bulb? At this moment in time, I think Marco Rubio might do best against Clinton...his handlers did well. He's not awkward any more, and his responses are quick and on point. He's been very well prepared. Ted Cruz debates well, but if he wins the primary, he's way too right wing for this country...unless the Democrats stay home.

but it's still soooo long to go.

buttslinger
11-07-2015, 07:30 PM
Of course the SARAHPALINIZATION of the Republican Party is hilarious to me, but it's kind of scary that if you're 20 years old and are going to vote next year.....this shit is real to you!!!!
It used to be the Republican Party would groom some candidate who would kiss their ring, and then he'd be a cardboard cut-out reading their speeches, like Reagan. At least then they were predictable, there was some comfort you knew what they were up to. Now, with Trump, the cardboard cut out (BUSH III) is CUT OUT, fo'real, man!!! What hath thee wrought Fox News!!!???????
The old Republican Party really is G-O-H-N gone, like Pat Buchanan says, the Goldwater Republicans are all dying off.
Eisenhower is forgotten. Now Bush41, Cheney, and Rumsfeld are all pointing fingers at each other, and poor Jeb is going to have a lot of drinks at Thanksgiving, this year, I think. I guess he figured this might happen, that the Bush name was cursed, but to a great extent the Bush name has cursed the entire Republican Party, probably for eight more years.

I thought Hillary was a shoe-in for 2008, but the Dems had kind of a "FREE SPIN" and backed Obama. Now it's Hillary's turn, but after that I see no heir apparent, I don't know who her vice president will be, Chelsea?

So I guess we'll have to wait til 2024 to have a real old fashion Presidential Election, again. I hope the Goddam Tea Party starts drinking the hard stuff and gets serious again.

crystalsopen
11-09-2015, 03:12 AM
Ideology aside,I don't think we need to waste too much thought on Jeb.
His net favorably is trending down (http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/jeb-bushs-problem-is-jeb-bush/). He could have been the electable conservative, but with such a poor performance (http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/jeb-bush-cnbc-republican-debate/) in such a crowded field its unlikely he'll make a comeback.