PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about the oscars so far?

NatashaLover
02-27-2012, 04:15 AM
I think the Red Carpets is my favorite part of the event. :)
Sooo many fancy and classy outfits!

onmyknees
02-27-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm actually watching "The Little Fockers" on HBO ....why is there an award show on or something? lol

Yoda Rules!
02-27-2012, 04:26 AM
I watched a little bit of the Red Carpet, I thought that Angelina Jolie and J Lo looked hot but the actual Award Show is kind of boring. Billy Crystal isn't funny and it all seems rather formal and stiff. I turned on the NBA All Star game instead, at least you get some sick dunks :)

Ben
02-27-2012, 04:34 AM
I think the Red Carpets is my favorite part of the event. :)
Sooo many fancy and classy outfits!

Um, I like redheads -- :)
I never watch the Oscars.
I don't understand all the fuss.

NatashaLover
02-27-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm actually watching "The Little Fockers" on HBO ....why is there an award show on or something? lol
very funny mr! :tongue:

I watched a little bit of the Red Carpet, I thought that Angelina Jolie and J Lo looked hot but the actual Award Show is kind of boring. Billy Crystal isn't funny and it all seems rather formal and stiff. I turned on the NBA All Star game instead, at least you get some sick dunks :)

Yes I didnt find Billy any fun at all. I was falling sleep when he was singing. LOL

Um, I like redheads -- :)
I never watch the Oscars.
I don't understand all the fuss.

Redheads are hot for sure and in style! :) I hardly see any ugly redheads. :D

tsadriana
02-27-2012, 03:04 PM
big tam tam for nothing.

Nikka
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
my Idea or JLo was flashing the border of her nipple?

Nicole Dupre
02-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I liked J Lo's dress, and loved Cameron's dress.

And I don't care if Angie fucked up her speech or if people think she looked skinny. That strapless black velvet Versace dress was sickening, and so was her makeup and hair.

Billy Crystal is just obnoxious. He's had more work than many TS I know. Uggghhh. Get some plugs, shorty. What a tedious little man. So unfunny. So yesterday.

I don't give a shit about any of those movies. None of them looked that good. Meryl Streep is a great actress, but I don't need to see her attempting to humanize Maggie Thatcher to know that. And Martin Scorsese should stick to the more gritty subject matter. Him doing a CG special effects laden kids' film seems a bit far fetched.

Oh, and George Clooney looks worse and worse every time I see him. But his looks peaked around the time of "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" anyway, and he's no exceptional actor. So all that remains is leftover HAM. lol And Brad needs to drop that hippy look. Such a handsome man, and he looks like he's going to "occupy" something. lol

Nicole Dupre
02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
On the left is the good. And on the right is the bad and ugly. lol

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/660/371/billy-angie-640.gif

flabbybody
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
sorry Nicole, I thought she looked emaciated.
and why did she keep sticking out her leg like that? if you try looking sexy it never works

Stavros
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I liked J Lo's dress, and loved Cameron's dress.

And I don't care if Angie fucked up her speech or if people think she looked skinny. That strapless black velvet Versace dress was sickening, and so was her makeup and hair.

But should Angleina have worn black tights or stockings with that dress? A bare leg seems to me to be lacking in class.

I also thought Viola Davis wearing green was a big mistake. The woman in gold on Mr Clooney's arms was the best dressed of the night.

Nicole Dupre
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
But I was just happy to see how the dress was cut. lol

But I don't know. Did she look that skinny? Maybe it's the size of her hands? I thought she looked ok. She's never really been voluptuous. Here's last night...

http://cdn03.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/26/26/Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-at-2012-Oscars-15-580x435.jpghttp://cdn03.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/26/26/Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-at-2012-Oscars-9-435x580.jpg
http://cdn03.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/26/26/Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-at-2012-Oscars-1-435x580.jpghttp://cdn02.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/26/26/Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-at-2012-Oscars-580x435.jpg

And here's only a month ago at the Golden Globes...

http://images.werdyo.com/2012/01/10/angeline-jolie-golden-globes-2012/angelina-jolie-golden-globe-awards-2012-dress-7.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/blog_post_349_width/2012/01/angelina_jolie_69th_golden_globes.jpghttp://mademoiselledianne.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/golden-globes-angelina-jolie-pics-getty-images-wireimage-image-2-985007207.jpg

I liked the Globes dress more anyway; another Versace.

But I think she looks fine. I dunno.

Nicole Dupre
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Stockings? I dunno. I don't think they were necessary. Women go bare-legged a lot more often these days. It has nothing to do with "class". If I remember correctly, lot's of younger women at the royal wedding were bare-legged. I think it's perfectly fine.

jfk84000
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
as a french, i can only say félicitations to the artist

EvonRose
02-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Angelina was so beautiful!!! When has she ever tried being sexy wasn't she like voted one of the most beautiful women? And didn't maxim vote her sexiest like 4 years in a row? Anyways its funny how Angelina was kind of not part of the oscars yet she managed to steal the spotlight again? from everyone else! She is always talked about... She seems like a robot like she was made. love it!

Btw I hate stocking!!!! especially to an event like this it will ruin Angelina Jolie's dress, stockings on a business attire yes, But on a versace dress? no! I had a guy who always told me to wear stockings for his fetish but i realized men are not the most fashionable when the dick starts thinking...

banane18021802
02-27-2012, 11:39 PM
brad is a lucky guy

Stavros
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Ok Nicole and Evon, fair points. All I will say in defence is that her legs are thin and stockings or tights would probably smooth over her knees -? Not sure how it works. Historically there was a furore in Australia in 1965 when the world's first supermodel, Jean Shrimpton, went to the country's most prestigious horse race, the Melbourne Cup without gloves, stockings or a hat...Former Lady Mayoress of Melbourne was quoted as saying If Miss Shrimpton wants to wear skirts four inches above the knee in London, that's her business, but it's not done here. I feel we do know so much better than Miss Shrimpton...we all dress correctly here...

http://www.milesago.com/Features/shrimpton.htm

better pics here, esp Sarah Jessica Parker -scroll down to Sept 10 2010 Friday Night Fashion
http://closetmelbourne.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

Nicole Dupre
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Ok Nicole and Evon, fair points. All I will say in defence is that her legs are thin and stockings or tights would probably smooth over her knees -? Not sure how it works. Historically there was a furore in Australia in 1965 when the world's first supermodel, Jean Shrimpton, went to the country's most prestigious horse race, the Melbourne Cup without gloves, stockings or a hat...Former Lady Mayoress of Melbourne was quoted as saying If Miss Shrimpton wants to wear skirts four inches above the knee in London, that's her business, but it's not done here. I feel we do know so much better than Miss Shrimpton...we all dress correctly here...

http://www.milesago.com/Features/shrimpton.htm

better pics here, esp Sarah Jessica Parker -scroll down to Sept 10 2010 Friday Night Fashion
http://closetmelbourne.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html
Well that was almost 50 years ago, Stavros. lol

EvonRose
02-28-2012, 12:43 AM
yeah style changes in that 50 years span... and Stockings to me is way too much... unless its for show in bed or business attire... not for dresses like this.... I think her legs look hot long, thin, and toned. To me her body is toned now, back in the day she's was skinny but no muscle tone.... she was always thin and is I do believe thats her natural physique...

fred41
02-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Random passing thoughts (I watched it stoned, so that may or may not have affected my perception):
Loved Cameron Diaz...she's aging nicely...love her.
Thought/think Sandra Bullock is a cutey...but hated her dress.
Mara Rooney's pretty, but it would've been hotter if she showed up in Lisbeth Salander mode.
George Clooney never shows any type of warmth or chemistry with his GFs...they are just there,...for instance Stacy Keibler looks like she just randomly sat next to him because the seat was empty..lol (I did like his movie though).
Liked Meryl Streep's and Christopher Plummer's speeches.
Probably will check out the Artist.
..and since she was mentioned: Angelina Jolie is beautiful...but she never had nice legs...but from the waist up: gorgeous.

Nicole Dupre
02-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Mara Rooney's pretty, but it would've been hotter if she showed up in Lisbeth Salander mode.Mara Rooney is very pretty and seems fairly talented, but Noomi Rapace owns that role. :2cent

fred41
02-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Mara Rooney is very pretty and seems fairly talented, but Noomi Rapace owns that role. :2cent
Well...I ordered the Swedish trilogy so I can watch it in one sitting..but I have to say from an "accuracy" perspective...Mara seems to come closer to physically matching the character in the book series (which I just finished and loved)...Salander's supposed to look small and frail (it's kind of important in the book)...Noomi doesn't.
...but I'll let you know if I change my mind after seeing her version.

EvonRose
02-28-2012, 05:29 AM
ooooo yes! I love Meryl Strip, the best actress in my opinion.....

Domino Lover
02-28-2012, 05:52 AM
The Oscars were horrible and Viola got robbed, you could see Merryl Streep was almost embarassed to accept the award. I'm glad that Clooney lost and the dog from the Artist should have been Best Supporting Actor

NatashaLover
02-28-2012, 05:54 AM
my Idea or JLo was flashing the border of her nipple?

LOL I saw it too, so it wasn't your idea, it was reality. :)

On the left is the good. And on the right is the bad and ugly. lol
I'll take the one in the left!

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/660/371/billy-angie-640.gif

robertlouis
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
The Artist was a charming film and very different. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But the Academy completely ignored what I thought was the best film of last year - We Need to Think about Kevin - in which Tilda Swinton showed once again that she consistently turns in utterly compelling and entirely believable performances.

robertlouis
02-28-2012, 07:29 AM
ooooo yes! I love Meryl Strip, the best actress in my opinion.....

I agree, Evon, but what a shame she wasted her talents on a one-sided hagiography of that bloody awful woman.

And as I said below, the omission of Tilda Swinton from the nominations for best actress was a travesty.

Mind you, if Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close was a credible contender for film of the year, the Academy clearly had their collective heads up their collectives asses. What a load of meretricious, sickly sentimental crap.

BluegrassCat
02-28-2012, 07:37 AM
But the Academy completely ignored what I thought was the best film of last year - We Need to Think about Kevin - in which Tilda Swinton showed once again that she consistently turns in utterly compelling and entirely believable performances.

I haven't seen it but I think it's called We Need to Talk about Kevin but your title is much more, um, thought-provoking. lol

I thought Drive was a great flick. Should have been up for best picture.

robertlouis
02-28-2012, 07:40 AM
I haven't seen it but I think it's called We Need to Talk about Kevin but your title is much more, um, thought-provoking. lol

I thought Drive was a great flick. Should have been up for best picture.

Whoops! :oops:

Don't know about Drive for best pic, but Ryan Gosling should have been in there for his performance in both that movie and in the Ides of March. His performance in Blue Valentine was outstanding too, searing, true and utterly heartbreaking. He is a very fine actor.

And while I'm at it, Michael Fassbender should have been nominated for Shame.

Paulistano
02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
The Artist was a charming film and very different. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Academy is a little lost IMO. Film industry is losing market to other medias like internet and they just don't know what to do in order to revert this process. Just saying.

EvonRose
02-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Whoops! :oops:

Don't know about Drive for best pic, but Ryan Gosling should have been in there for his performance in both that movie and in the Ides of March. His performance in Blue Valentine was outstanding too, searing, true and utterly heartbreaking. He is a very fine actor.

And while I'm at it, Michael Fassbender should have been nominated for Shame.

Ryan Gosling can perform for me anytime he wants...

JenniferParisHusband
02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I hate the Oscars. Little known JPH fact, I get an Oscar vote from my days in the technical side of things. These awards are so bogus and political. They make the AVN awards look legitimate.

Harry Potter part 2 made the most money last year. It is, the best picture. I didn't like it, but you can't argue with 381 million in box office. Wasn't even nominated. Of the nominated pictures, Bridesmaids and the Help were the 2 highest grossing movies. 12 others made more money. Clearly, those 12 were better. Otherwise people wouldn't have gone to see them. Yet, no nominations outside of the Special Effects categories. Hell, Bridesmades is a rip-off of The Hangover, and comedies don't normally get nominated, but this one was with women, so it's all good in Oscar-land. Just think back to 1989, which of these movies do you actually remember, Coal Miner's Daughter, Ordinary People, and Empire Strikes back. Only one of these didn't win an Academy Award, give you a hint, it's the one you actually remember seeing.

And then there's the political side of things. Academy voters are mostly white. Was Merryl Streep really better than Viola Davis, or was she just whiter? Was Crash really better than Brokeback Mountain, or just less gay? And was Alan Arkin really better in Little Miss Sunshine than Jackie Earl Haley in Little Children, or just less of a pedophile character? The Academy is a bunch of pussies when it comes to anything controversial. Hell, look how safe the broadcast is. Billy fucking Crystal???? I thought the man was dead to be honest...actually he might have been, because he certainly wasn't funny. Hollywood can't even take a joke aimed at itself. Ricky Gervais on the People's Choice Awards was funny as hell, but make fun of Jonny Depp and Angelina Jolie at an awards telecast? How dare he!

Even the nominating process is stupid, Meryl Streep wasn't the best actress. Yet her contracts require that the studios publicize her for "consideration" for an award. The amount of money for this publicity is in the contracts as is where it is to be spent. If you picked up a copy of variety magazine, Adam Sandler had a "for your consideration" ad for Jack and Jill. Then the voting process is stupid because if you nominate someone or some movie that doesn't get a certain amount of votes, your sceond choice on the nomination ballot gets those votes. So, say you really liked Tilda Swinton in "We Need to Talk About Kevin" but for giggles decided I'll cast a vote for Helen Miren as my second choice. If Tilda Swinton only gets 7% of the votes, and Helen Miren is somewhere around 40%, and a whole bunch of folks thought she was the second best choice, those votes get added to Helen, who gets pushed over the magic number and gets a nomination. There could be 30 people who get first place votes, but if enough people chose the same 2nd or 3rd choice, that 2nd or 3rd choice gets a nomination. Then then Academy is picking a winner from a bunch of people who often aren't good enough to be considered as first choices. Even though as a member of the Academy you get send screening DVD's, you don't have time to sit through all of them, and most you don't really want to. Got to be honest, I didn't even see the Glen Close flick, and it was nominated for three awards. Most of the voters don't. They see a few, then pick some friends or highly respected people in the industry as their second or third choices. There have been previous years when people's 6th choice gets added to a nominee's tally. It's sad. I don't even nominate or vote anymore. I pitch my ballot when it comes in the mail.

Ben
02-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Cringed and guffawed at this:

2012 Oscars: Sacha Baron Cohen vs. Ryan Seacrest - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAg0COnqds)

flabbybody
02-29-2012, 04:34 AM
thanks for your insight jenniferParisHusband.
I watched the Oscar show and was thrilled to see a glimpse of J lo's tits.
Don't know anyone who saw the dopey silent movie that won best picture, but if it made money then God bless them.
And the assholes still haven't apologized for leaving out Farrah the year she died.
They honor people who've passed. Most of whom no one knows or gives a shit about ... but I still watch

Tran Fan
02-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Who won "Best Tranny in a Motion Picture"? :smileysex:

Ashley Sky Hostess
02-29-2012, 05:02 AM

Now thats funny....lol

JenniferParisHusband
02-29-2012, 05:07 AM

I think Yasmin Lee had that category locked up this year. Hangover 2 is the only one I can recall, unless I'm missed something.

JenniferParisHusband
02-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Oh, and welcome to HA Ashley.

Paulistano
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM

Vaniity