PDA

View Full Version : AVN's vs. Tranny Awards

ed_jaxon
02-24-2012, 06:54 PM
In light of Brittany's letter and the fact that both events are now over, anyone care to offer opinions regarding how both events were?

I enjoyed both but there was a far different vibe at the AVN's than the TA.

Vegas is Vegas and I always have a good time but at the AVN's peeps are spread out and you are lucky to see them once. With the exception of the guys I run with, most people I only got to see fleetingly.

Tranny Awards was a big assed party from Saturday until I got on the plane Tuesday morning and I left while shit was still going on. Each party or after party had its own vibe and there was definitely a difference between the LA awards show and the NYC after party Monday. Both were awesome but I found the Monday party a huge glitzy show with costumes and everything while the Awards show had everyone dressed to the nines but interacting and enjoying each other's company.

To all who put on these events or hosted, you did a helluva job and are to be commended.

The AVN's are cool but the Tranny Awards was a non stop party.

Nikka
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
TA are not Transphobic

Ecstatic
02-24-2012, 07:51 PM
TA are not Transphobic

Nikka, you've got to come next year!

ed_jaxon
02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Nikka when will you be coming North to visit?

Would be great to see you in LA for the awards next year.

Kevin Dong
02-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Haven't been to the AVN's but the TA's were awesome. Everyone was extremely laid back and easy going. I had no negativity all weekend, and I hate negative people! Everyone was friendly, positive, and the events were almost top notch. All things considered the TA's were a great success in my eyes.

Willie Escalade
02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
AVNs are cool, but this weekend was EPIC! It seems that it was a more cohesive group than AVN, mainly because of what Ed said...we weren't spread out all over the place.

Maybe TA can be held at Voyeur next year, since they saw the industry can pack the place.

I like AVN, but I was wishing this weekend went on the full week...

BLKGSXR
02-25-2012, 02:40 AM
I had fun at both like my bruh Ed said himself, although We didnt stop partying on this las weekend- shit was no joke- also their was a moment where Peeky Mcwatchmefuck came around-Priceless!

NatashaLover
02-25-2012, 03:07 AM
well it all depends on what you are looking for, each of them has their unique style while some are more into a show, the other one more as an event, and the other one like a meet and greet. But all of them had their own little groups.
I didnt went last year but I did the year before and I something I like at that time was the ts/drags singer impersonators, sometimes they are lots of fun.
I did like the smoke free at the after party. Maybe next year the Tranny Awards should be in Las Vegas, where we can party the whole nine yards until 7 in the morning!!!!! :)

onmyknees
02-25-2012, 03:09 AM
In light of Brittany's letter and the fact that both events are now over, anyone care to offer opinions regarding how both events were?

I enjoyed both but there was a far different vibe at the AVN's than the TA.

Vegas is Vegas and I always have a good time but at the AVN's peeps are spread out and you are lucky to see them once. With the exception of the guys I run with, most people I only got to see fleetingly.

Tranny Awards was a big assed party from Saturday until I got on the plane Tuesday morning and I left while shit was still going on. Each party or after party had its own vibe and there was definitely a difference between the LA awards show and the NYC after party Monday. Both were awesome but I found the Monday party a huge glitzy show with costumes and everything while the Awards show had everyone dressed to the nines but interacting and enjoying each other's company.

To all who put on these events or hosted, you did a helluva job and are to be commended.

The AVN's are cool but the Tranny Awards was a non stop party.

I'm an anti establishment kinda guy, and from an arm's length, and based on what some ladies have said... it appears the AVN's are establishment...corporate. The Tranny awards seems to be more grass roots. Ladies and admirers, fan participation.

Bopper007
02-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Maybe next year the Tranny Awards should be in Las Vegas, where we can party the whole nine yards until 7 in the morning!!!!! :)

That's an excellent suggestion Natasha. Move it to Las Vegas next year.