PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus

traLika
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think I've ever looked forward to a movie as much as this one. It should be a whole lot better than that AVP crap…

Is there anyone else here who can't wait until the summer?

Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU)

theone1982
02-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Absolutely! I predict this film will kick serious ass!

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
yep i cant wait ... its sort of set in the timeline before events of alien ..but not directly connected when i saw an interview video ..

beaufont
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Looks good. Watched for the first time some of AVP the other night & had to turn it off cos it was so shit

Tiffany Starr
02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm a big alien fan but after the 4th film and avp films alien needs a reboot

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
AVP movies were awful....what should have been really good and fun anderson massacred .. he should have kept AVP true to the comic books ....

ionstead he took the two best alien beings and made them cartoonlike almost lol

Predators was ok to watch though ..

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
only 2 alien films i like are alien and aliens ... the rest were shite ...

Paulistano
02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think I've ever looked forward to a movie as much as this one. It should be a whole lot better than that AVP crap…
Is there anyone else here who can't wait until the summer?

Can't wait either, my friend! :dancing:

traLika
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
only 2 alien films i like are alien and aliens ... the rest were shite ...

I thought the third and fourth ones had one or two good moments but they certainly weren't a patch on the first two. I also thought the English accents (Brian Glover!) in Alien 3 seemed completely outa place...

Hopefully Ridley will do the business again with this one... :)

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
the problem with alien 3 was the scripts got changed around so much ...and with michael beihn refusing to be in the 3rd movie and the girl that played newt aging ...they changed it to the prison colony one ..

but you can read online the planned script for alien 3 that was directly after aliens ...but involving gateway station ..

TSLoverUK999
02-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Does look amazing.

Aren't you all foregetting Resurrection, now that was poo.

III is good, slow burner & dark.

Aliens is amazing but just an action film.

Alien is unbeatable.

traLika
02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
the problem with alien 3 was the scripts got changed around so much ...and with michael beihn refusing to be in the 3rd movie and the girl that played newt aging ...they changed it to the prison colony one ..

but you can read online the planned script for alien 3 that was directly after aliens ...but involving gateway station ..

Yeah, Alien 3 was definitely a case of too many cooks.

I think I saw something about that Gateway Station idea on one of those DVD extras. Vaguely remember something about a giant sphere and things sculpted out of wood. Sounded really interesting.

A couple of Prometheus stills...

Richctdude
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
its going to be awesome!!!!

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 05:51 PM
aliens was genioius as no action happened for like an hour or so.. it built up the characters and the movie was like 2hours 24min long .... hollywood now like to make films shorter ..

compared to AVP where within 23min the cast are picked off lol

traLika
02-12-2012, 06:08 PM
That's partly why it's so good that Ridley's directing this one. If he wasn't interested, they might have chosen someone like Paul Anderson.

Or maybe even Roland Emmerich or McG! :hide-1:

AVP was poor but I have to say that AVP2 is possibly the worst film I have ever, ever, ever seen. Even worse than Xtro 2!!! lol

TSLoverUK999
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Typical Cameron action flick, "lets shoot the aliens to shit".

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
i loved aliens the script was good, the development of marines was good and the slow build up pace and lighting was stunning ..

and it gave the best speech from hudson in the dropship :) and the noise of the smartgun and pulse rifles were untold

"Let's Rock!" - Vasquez, "ALIENS" (1986) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuSpei9cf8)

Aliens - Ultimate Badass - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYGgOXww48)

Aliens - Hudson Death - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01R_8vXZEc&feature=related)

But this scene from Alien is burned into my head for ever

Alien - Extended Chestburster - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ)

TSLoverUK999
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
All reasons why Aliens blows.

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
mehh each to their own .. i found aliens was a great sequal to Alien .. alien was the horror aliens was the more action type ... the rest were just rubbish ...

TSLoverUK999
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe blows is too strong, is a good film, just amazes me that the franchise got away with such a change in tack from the 1st.

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
well it was a different director and he didnt want to rehash the first film .. the first movie is genious as you hardly see the alien ...

Both alien and aliens have been the basis for most modern scifi films it seems ..promethous looks great as its been made on an epic scale with an insane budget and time ...looking forward to seeing the space jocky explained more though ..

xtro 2 lol now that was some bad shit .. though if i recal xtro one was ok as a story lol

traLika
02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah, Xtro 2 is NOT recommended. But the 'making of' is hilarious, because the director, Harry Bromley Davenport, is mainly talking about how terrible the main actor (Jan-Michael Vincent) was.

The original Xtro was also bad but it was so preposterous that it was actually really good, if you know what I mean... lol

giovanni_hotel
02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Is this a prequel or a sequel???

I can't imagine a new inventive take on the Alien backstory; sentient intergalactic insect species with acid for blood is discovered by humans who become host organisms for their progeny.

Been there, done that.

traLika
02-12-2012, 11:13 PM
From what I gather it appears to be in the timeline before the first film but it's not actually a prequel... if that makes any sense...

LibertyHarkness
02-12-2012, 11:57 PM
correct it is in the universe of alien but the aliens are not in it .. thats how i read it - it predates the xenomrphs and is more about the jockeys the ones that carried the aliens or made them perhaps ?

rydermorrison
02-13-2012, 12:38 AM
I cant wait!:wiggle:

loren
02-13-2012, 03:10 AM
I can't wait for this movie either!

NatashaLover
02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Looks ok but I am sorry, my favorite alltimer Alien movie is Chronicles of Riddick were Vin Diesel is my hero. If I ever let a guy get in my pants Vin will be my first for sure!

traLika
02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
my favorite alltimer Alien movie is Chronicles of Riddick were Vin Diesel is my hero.

Really? I preferred the earlier Vin Diesel film, Pitch Black. It wasn't as slick as Riddick but it had a grainy, 'indie' vibe that I really liked…

JenniferParisHusband
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks ok but I am sorry, my favorite alltimer Alien movie is Chronicles of Riddick were Vin Diesel is my hero. If I ever let a guy get in my pants Vin will be my first for sure!

Natasha, you'll probably be super-excited about the Riddick sequil that's being filmed right now. I liked CoR too.

I have to admit, I have a special place in my heart for Alien Reserection, my cousin Kim was in it. I'm just hoping this is a decent return to it, and not Phantom Mennace type crap that is too little to late. Especially since he's going to do a Blade Runner sequil after Prometheus.

rockabilly
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Pitch Black was good, The Riddick games were pretty good as well.

NatashaLover
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Really? I preferred the earlier Vin Diesel film, Pitch Black. It wasn't as slick as Riddick but it had a grainy, 'indie' vibe that I really liked… Pitch was also a great one :)

Natasha, you'll probably be super-excited about the Riddick sequil that's being filmed right now. I liked CoR too.
Of course! cant wait for it!

I have to admit, I have a special place in my heart for Alien Reserection, my cousin Kim was in it. I'm just hoping this is a decent return to it, and not Phantom Mennace type crap that is too little to late. Especially since he's going to do a Blade Runner sequil after Prometheus.

Pitch Black was good, The Riddick games were pretty good as well.
I like them all as long as Vin is in there.

traLika
03-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Latest trailer! :)

Prometheus - Official Full HD Trailer - Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU&feature=player_embedded)

SFTB
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Ridley Scott interview, I'm actually more eager to see it now that he has clarrified the storyline somewhat.

http://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-prometheus-space-jockey-sandy-144116/

jolove82
03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Excellent hope to see more Ellen Ripleys knickers x