PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Dreams/Nightmares

Dino Velvet
01-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I think everyone has them. I have common ones where I leave the house realizing I forgot to put pants on. But, there is this one that keeps coming up. I'm back to working hourly at a job. I work my complete shift but forget to punch in and out with my time card. This dream happens all the time for some reason. I never see the actual paycheck in the dream knowing whether I got credit or not for the hours worked.

Yvonne183
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
I have nightmares every time I go to sleep. The nightmares are worse at night so I try and sleep during the day time.

I have a recurring dream where an older man follows me from the subway at night. He catches me and takes me into a basement in the apartment building. He rapes, beats and tortures me till I am able to escape. I tell the police, and they laugh at me, I go to neighbors and they ignore me. Then I go back to the subway and jump in front of a moving train. I have this dream at least once a week.

Dino Velvet
01-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I have nightmares every time I go to sleep. The nightmares are worse at night so I try and sleep during the day time.

I have a recurring dream where an older man follows me from the subway at night. He catches me and takes me into a basement in the apartment building. He rapes, beats and tortures me till I am able to escape. I tell the police, and they laugh at me, I go to neighbors and they ignore me. Then I go back to the subway and jump in front of a moving train. I have this dream at least once a week.

That stinks to have nightmares like that. Do you wake right before the train hits you?

Caff_Racer
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I often have a dream that I'm starting the last lap of the Senior TT, riding my heart out for the win in a gripping battle against Guy Martin, John McGuinness and Cam Donald... and after a nail-biting 37.75 miles, I cross the finish line and take a glorious victory!

Yvonne183
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
That stinks to have nightmares like that. Do you wake right before the train hits you?

I don't always wake up, when I don't wake up there is this blankness after the train hits me, just nothingness, no bright light, just darkness.

Caff_Racer
01-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't always wake up, when I don't wake up there is this blankness after the train hits me, just nothingness, no bright light, just darkness.

Now that must be very scary :sad:

mrtrebus
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
I have a recurring nightmare that people are telling me about their dreams

Yvonne183
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Now that must be very scary :sad:

I like your dream better,, racing a motorcycle sounds so cool, I'd like to be the first transgender to win a race unless of course it already happened.

In my dream, I feel pain from the man then after the train hits, there is no more pain.

Dino Velvet
01-26-2012, 12:38 AM

So you get hit by the train too? That's worse than I imagined.

ed_jaxon
01-26-2012, 12:41 AM
I generally have positive recurring dreams that portend good things happening in my life.

I wake up feeling positive that great things are coming and usually they do. I am more afraid when the dreams stop.

Caff_Racer
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I like your dream better,, racing a motorcycle sounds so cool, I'd like to be the first transgender to win a race unless of course it already happened.

In my dream, I feel pain from the man then after the train hits, there is no more pain.

It has already happened, in a way. The Canadian writer/publisher/photographer/motorcycle journalist Michelle Duff was a successful motorcycle racer called Michael Alan Duff in the late 50s until the end of the Sixties. She only transitioned after the end of her racing career, though.

http://www.michelle-duff.ca/

rockabilly
01-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Ive had bad dreams of late.

Jericho
01-26-2012, 02:19 AM
I sleep like a baby...Wake up screaming every 30 minutes! :hide-1:

MdR Dave
01-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Related, slightly off topic: a few thousand milligrams of Magnesium before bed (about an hour or so) can make your dreams really vivid. It works for me.

Rock- ever take melatonin? A few mg helps me sleep (I take two) and though I wake rested I don't remember dreaming. Not a way around what's on your mind but a possible short term fix.

Dino Velvet
01-26-2012, 05:22 AM
I take 2 of the biggest bong hits I can handle right before bed. I'm knocked out right after I pull the covers over me.

Black Afghani > Ambien

http://d35x9eqdez8w79.cloudfront.net/thumbs/2263_black-afghani_the-holistic-cafe-1.jpg

MdR Dave
01-26-2012, 05:42 AM
I take 2 of the biggest bong hits I can handle right before bed. I'm knocked out right after I pull the covers over me.

Nice. If that worked for me I'd probably still bake.

Sex works, too. Unless she won't cuddle.

Dino Velvet
01-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Nice. If that worked for me I'd probably still bake.

Sex works, too. Unless she won't cuddle.

If I had to say the top "medicinal benefit" it has for me, it's the sleep. Sleep a sound 8 hours and wake up without being groggy. I used to stay up until 5AM and my sleep was very inconsistent before.

russtafa
01-26-2012, 06:02 AM
i have a dream of darkness pushing down on me in my sleep and its trying to get inside me and the weight is so heavy and i and know it's evil,i wake up and it's still there .It scares the shit out of me ,i turn on all the lights in the house because i think it's still here

Jericho
01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
i have a dream of darkness pushing down on me in my sleep and its trying to get inside me and the weight is so heavy and i and know it's evil,i wake up and it's still there .

Fuck, that's spooky.
For years, i used to get exactly the same thing...Then i got divorced! :hide-1:

(somone had to)! :lol:

AlwaysAda
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I used to have this reoccurring nightmare introduction as a kid.. then the intro followed a different nightmare.. weird..
I haven't had a Nightmare in a long time.. I dream.. but I think the xanax keeps me in a nice coma state so I cant.. haha

russtafa
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Fuck, that's spooky.
For years, i used to get exactly the same thing...Then i got divorced! :hide-1:

(somone had to)! :lol:
fucking hell that's a demon you were married to was your lawyer an exorcist ?

Jericho
01-26-2012, 01:01 PM
fucking hell that's a demon you were married to was your lawyer an exorcist ?

I don't think you'll find many Lawyer Exorcists, they're usually in league with the other mob! :ignore:

Prospero
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
i take Melatonin occasionally to help me sleep. Doesn't quell the dreaming - but I wake up feeling groggy.

tommy001
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I moved house a few years ago and still having nightmares seeing black bin liner bags!

Prospero
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Dreams are wonderful (usually).though I am truly thankful I never have dreams like Yvonnes.

Freud called them "The royal road to the unconscious."

trish
01-26-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm cycling down an empty stretch of expressway. Absolutely no cars. The sky is crystal blue with white puffs of cloud. The roadside is verdant. Absolutely breath taking verdant. I race the shadow of a cloud overtaking it with a smile. I look up at the approaching overpass. It kind of looks like an open mouth. It is an open mouth. The overpass is a gargantuan cherub. Too late, me and my bike glide right into its gaping mouth stretched wide. But not down it's gullet. Instead I appear on the other side of the overpass as if nothing was there. I turn on my bike to look over my shoulder at the cherub on his back, clutching its belly and gurgling with laughter.

I've had that dream a few times a year since I was nineteen. I always feel sort of blessed whenever it occurs.

Dino Velvet
01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm cycling down an empty stretch of expressway. Absolutely no cars. The sky is crystal blue with white puffs of cloud. The roadside is verdant. Absolutely breath taking verdant. I race the shadow of a cloud overtaking it with a smile. I look up at the approaching overpass. It kind of looks like an open mouth. It is an open mouth. The overpass is a gargantuan cherub. Too late, me and my bike glide right into its gaping mouth stretched wide. But not down it's gullet. Instead I appear on the other side of the overpass as if nothing was there. I turn on my bike to look over my shoulder at the cherub on his back, clutching its belly and gurgling with laughter.

I've had that dream a few times a year since I was nineteen. I always feel sort of blessed whenever it occurs.

Are you big into cycling now or did you ride your bike more as a kid or teenager? Was this some sort of re-birthing?

trish
01-27-2012, 06:00 AM
For "bike" read "bicycle." I don't take long bike trips or anything like that. I live only a five miles from work. So in good weather I often take the bike. Not because I like cycling so much as I just like being outdoors when the sun is shining. In undergrad school there was in fact a stretch of expressway that was unattached, and construction on it was temporarily suspended. When I needed to be alone and vent, I peddled that stretch back and forth at top speed.

Dino Velvet
01-27-2012, 06:08 AM
For "bike" read "bicycle." I don't take long bike trips or anything like that. I live only a five miles from work. So in good weather I often take the bike. Not because I like cycling so much as I just like being outdoors when the sun is shining. In undergrad school there was in fact a stretch of expressway that was unattached, and construction on it was temporarily suspended. When I needed to be alone and vent, I peddled that stretch back and forth at top speed.

You used that bike like an ex-girlfriend of mine used her car. She didn't drive fast but she would make long drives up PCH to get her head right before coming home. She wasn't usually upset with me, just upset.

Thanks for sharing, Trish.:cheers: