PDA

View Full Version : If Tim Tebow Gets The Cover On Madden...

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
... will he then get hurt too?

Nobody escapes the Madden Curse.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/tim-tebow-cross.jpg

KarinaGiselle
01-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Just to be clear, are we talking about the same Tim Tebow from the Denver Broncos an the Madden NFL videogames?

Also, wouldn't this kinda be like the "Write the Future" ad curse?

Nike Write The Future - World Cup 2010 Commercial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSggaxXUS8k)

All the teams these guys played with were wiped out and didn't reach the finals during the 2010 world cup... none of them.

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Abso-tutely
Could happen if they run the table.

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Just to be clear, are we talking about the same Tim Tebow from the Denver Broncos an the Madden NFL videogames?

Also, wouldn't this kinda be like the "Write the Future" ad curse?

Nike Write The Future - World Cup 2010 Commercial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSggaxXUS8k)

All the teams these guys played with were wiped out and didn't reach the finals during the 2010 world cup... none of them.

Too many coincidences no longer a coincidence. I agree.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
tebow is the most overrated QB in the nfl. i hate this tebow madness. can he throw a football better than the average man...of course...but i'd take at least 20 of the remaining starting 31 QBs over him to start a team around. some people are so enthralled, they are ready to crown him jebus christ incarnate.

NY Giants fan here so the AFC can suck it for all i care, but the broncos ran into a steeler team that was injured and had a bad game. No way the broncos beat the pats next week. tebow luck will run out.

if he gets the cover of a madden game, the madden franchise should be ashamed of itself...and i will just have to boycott the game just because of the cover.

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
tebow is the most overrated QB in the nfl. i hate this tebow madness. can he throw a football better than the average man...of course...but i'd take at least 20 of the remaining starting 31 QBs over him to start a team around. some people are so enthralled, they are ready to crown him jebus christ incarnate.

NY Giants fan here so the AFC can suck it for all i care, but the broncos ran into a steeler team that was injured and had a bad game. No way the broncos beat the pats next week. tebow luck will run out.

if he gets the cover of a madden game, the madden franchise should be ashamed of itself...and i will just have to boycott the game just because of the cover.

Tebow is totally fucked next Saturday. Jesus is gonna be looking up her skirt for 60 minutes. (Hi Bella:party:)

The broad on the left.

http://media5.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/21/4/1718/17180514/81/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-sex-tape.jpghttp://strawdog.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/jesus.jpg

Jackal
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Tebow was the only QB in the NFL to have a sub-50 % on completion percentage. He also had a sub-75 passer rating. He was pretty awful this season but I will give him props for a good game against Pittsburgh.

Silcc69
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Wait who on earth is overrating this guy. Getting overexposed and being overrated are 2 different things.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
espn so-called experts were so on his dick so much after the 6 straight wins. the tebow bandwagon was heavy with people chiming in that he is the next great thing.

then 3 straight losses and people were jumping off the ship. one TD run in OT and the tebow bandwagon is back in full steam.

i'm no pats fan at all....but i hope the pats crush tebow nation....cut them deep to the soul

mealticket
01-10-2012, 04:37 PM
yeah nobody has over rated Tebow, he is exciting to watch because he plays like shit most of the game but every once and awhile pulls out a great play that in some cases wins the game...plus he is a good runner and breaks tackles...

Faldur
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I think his talent has been pretty well described. He is just an average kid who makes things happen every now and then. The odds that Denver could get by New England are slim to none.

You do have to say though, pretty coincidental in the Steeler game Tebow: total passing yards 316. What are the odds?

johnb85
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Remember, Football is not purely about athleticism, it is also about entertainment. Love him or hate him, Tebow is a polarizing character and he has helped to bring more attention to the NFL as a whole. Is he the most talented quarterback? Not by a long shot. But it's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man that counts, and when you see Tebow hit his groove and display some flashes of true brilliance, it's like looking at a piece of art. Personally, I always root for the underdog, so I'm hoping the Broncos can put a hurting on the Pats this weekend, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
maybe i just don't like people named tim.

polarizing...popular...i guess he might fit for the cover of a madden game...but i hope not.

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I think his talent has been pretty well described. He is just an average kid who makes things happen every now and then. The odds that Denver could get by New England are slim to none.

You do have to say though, pretty coincidental in the Steeler game Tebow: total passing yards 316. What are the odds?

The 316 thing probably converted some Cowboys fans in my family to Broncos. The ray of light they think they saw were just the ATF helicopters shadowing their every breath. They know it's God though. The one book they own is what they pick the winners with. It's not Football Digest either.

I send them money every Christmas. West to East but never East to West. Me = Heathen.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 09:48 PM
if tim tebow liked tgirls, i'd still dislike him as a QB.

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
if tim tebow liked tgirls, i'd still dislike him as a QB.

Russians are good with traps. All I care for is treasure.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
when the pats sack tebow...if he gets hit so hard that he breaks a leg...and i get a stiffy from his pain...does that mean i'm evil?

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 11:03 PM
when the pats sack tebow...if he gets hit so hard that he breaks a leg...and i get a stiffy from his pain...does that mean i'm evil?

It makes it a wise assessment. Throw a quarter at a church when you drive by if it helps. I fling a match.

Send the best hitter in Little Odessa after him if nothing else works.

Oz - The Story of Yuri Kosygin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDBSjbQL6A)

Coffinworm - The Sadistic Rites of Count Tabernacula - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rchvUCM0lQw)

Jackal
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM

IDK, the Patriots have a so-so defense but a great offense.

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
It makes it a wise assessment. Throw a quarter at a church when you drive by if it helps. I fling a match.

Send the best hitter in Little Odessa after him if nothing else works.

Oz - The Story of Yuri Kosygin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDBSjbQL6A)

screw that. churches have too much money. i'd rather start a jewish marathon by rolling a penny down the street.

what's funny is that here, and on the sports forums i am a member of...i am more worked up about the broncos beating the steelers than i am amped up for the giants advancing. i must really have a deep disgust for tebow. its the media's fault!

RallyCola
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
IDK, the Patriots have a so-so defense but a great offense.

ok..ok...IF the pats sack tebow....

Dino Velvet
01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
i'd rather start a jewish marathon by rolling a penny down the street.

I like your style.:cheers:
Not familiar with their marathons. Always seen them more as sprinters. They're probably best at telethons.

onmyknees
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Sports analysis mixed with sour grapes by a homer? Fail. This ain't ESPN, and here's the bottom line regardless of where you rate Tebow. It's about winning....doesn't matter if you win ugly or what your stats look like. He's heading to New England, for another week of fun and cash, and Big Ben and the rest of the over rated Steelers are home wondering what the fuck hit them. Nobody cares who was hurt and who had a bad day, or who called the wrong defense....this is the NFL. Suck it up .

Dino Velvet
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Sports analysis mixed with sour grapes by a homer? Fail. This ain't ESPN, and here's the bottom line regardless of where you rate Tebow. It's about winning....doesn't matter if you win ugly or what your stats look like. He's heading to New England, for another week of fun and cash, and Big Ben and the rest of the over rated Steelers are home wondering what the fuck hit them. Nobody cares who was hurt and who had a bad day, or who called the wrong defense....this is the NFL. Suck it up .

I was betting God was a misogynist. I'll never bet on Roethlisberger again. Next time The Prophet Muhammad is my bookie. This Turk is better than Jimmy The Greek.

http://jerseychaser.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ben-roethlisberger-rape.jpg

Picture(gif is worse) of my new bookie. I'm fear no bathrobe.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/LOL.gif

onmyknees
01-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Are you suggesting Roethlisberger needs a little additional coaching because he's "rough" around the edges when he hits on the ladies? lol

RallyCola
01-11-2012, 01:32 AM

sour grapes from a homer? i'm not a steelers fan. i actually can't stand the steelers...i just dislike tebow more.

it isn't a matter of money for the league...it is how the talking heads have no backbone and just change their mind willy nilly. i have no respect for most analysts on tv...because most of them are idiots.

right now, on sportscenter, they are so on his dick...its just funny.

Dino Velvet
01-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Are you suggesting Roethlisberger needs a little additional coaching because he's "rough" around the edges when he hits on the ladies? lol

"He shoulda pressed the head of his cock against The Son's loose asshole and held it there like a razor!"

Steelers: 48
Broncos: Negative 14

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/Exorcist_2.gif

puller
01-11-2012, 07:01 AM
NFL QB's get too much credit when the team win but when the team loses they say oh the TEAM lost im guessing the QB is the only player on the team when they win & this whole Tebow stuff all started with ESPN's ( First Take ) anyone notice they talk about him 5 times on every show b4 he even played 1 game this season ( Mike & Mike ) talk about him too but only once every show but that's only cause they are a real sport show. ill leave out the church stuff witch is dumb cause about 70% of nfl fans belive the same stuff as Tebow when it comes to that. & the whole race thing is kinda of a dumb point seeing that 90% of the QB's are white too but if they played like him they would lose their jobs .... so why dose he keep his job? it's cause Kyle Orton sucks. people dont hate tebow they hate tebow fans cause they dont look at the faqs or the whole story but then again 1/2 of the tebow fans just started watching football this yr

BellaBellucci
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Fuck the Broncos. They got nothin'.

http://goodguysports.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/new-england-patriots-logos.gif

~BB~

RallyCola
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Fuck the Broncos. They got nothin'.

http://goodguysports.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/new-england-patriots-logos.gif

~BB~

just a reminder...because i don't want to get it twisted...while i do want the pats to win, i dislike them to. again, i just dislike tebow more.

http://t-shirtguru.com/product-images/18-wins-one-giant-loss-t-shirt-shirtaday-1.jpg

onmyknees
01-12-2012, 01:26 AM
NFL QB's get too much credit when the team win but when the team loses they say oh the TEAM lost im guessing the QB is the only player on the team when they win & this whole Tebow stuff all started with ESPN's ( First Take ) anyone notice they talk about him 5 times on every show b4 he even played 1 game this season ( Mike & Mike ) talk about him too but only once every show but that's only cause they are a real sport show. ill leave out the church stuff witch is dumb cause about 70% of nfl fans belive the same stuff as Tebow when it comes to that. & the whole race thing is kinda of a dumb point seeing that 90% of the QB's are white too but if they played like him they would lose their jobs .... so why dose he keep his job? it's cause Kyle Orton sucks. people dont hate tebow they hate tebow fans cause they dont look at the faqs or the whole story but then again 1/2 of the tebow fans just started watching football this yr

You make some salient points, but Tebow plays because as you say Orton sucks, but more importantly he plays because he wins, and he has an intangable quality for doing so. Not every game, but enough to get an average team to the second round of the playoffs. Think the Bengals or the Jets would like to be where the Bronco's are?
I don't think Tebow seeks out this attention. In fact I know he doesn't. We live in a media driven society and the bone heads at ESPN have to talk about something 24/7. It strikes me as odd that a young back up quarterback struggling to find his way in the NFL could engender so much hate. Read the posts proceeding this one. Do they hate the Texans quarterback as much? Do they even know who he is? It's all very curious. I think I get what's behind it....I despise the Cowboys team, but I certainly don't hate Romo. To the contrary...I respect him.
I hate what Mike Vic did, but as someone who's also paid some debts, I understand he's paid his and it's time to move on. Like Tebow, I think he's just a guy who has some gifts, and wants to play the game he loves. He wants to compete. Nothing more....nothing less, and when we make more out of it than that, we sensationalize it and project our hopes, hang ups, and prejudices on those who don't want it, and didn't ask for it.

littlenookie
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Tebow is polarizing because people can't help but watch him for all different reasons - some want to see him fail, some want him to win, some want to know just how the hell he does win despite his shaky play.

What I think makes him so interesting is that finally in a long while a professional athlete has actually been MODEST. Every other athlete is "me" this and "me" that, I won the game, I'm the man!!! Shut up you selfish pricks!!! It's a TEAM sport and he's the first guy in a while to be outspoken about PRAISING his teammates and saying they are in it together and "they make me look better then I am." He knows he's not that good but he finds a way to win and his teammates respect him for it.

And yes most sports analysts are idiots, especially ones that never played the sport. And if he makes the cover of Madden next year and doesn't get hurt then you know God is the reason!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Dino Velvet
01-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Looks like Jesus pulled a Herman Cain and slid his Divine Hand up Gisele's skirt. 14-0

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/tom-brady-gisele-wire.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.960736%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg