PDA

View Full Version : Three Wishes.......

Skillet
02-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't know of any of you have ever seen this show beofre, it's one of those reality shows where the hosts travel to different communities around the US and "grant" wishes to choice people. It stars Amy Grant as the host. Get it? Grant "grants" wishes. Huzzah!!! Sorry stupid joke. But its actually a pretty interesting and sometimes emotional show.

I'm mentioning this because a while ago they taped an episode in my hometown of Brookings, South Dakota. I just saw this episode monday and they're replaying it again on saturday and sunday. Of course it originally airs on NBC, but the replays are airing on CMT(Country Music Television). Yeah, probably not the favorite channel for the mojarity of the board. But if you have the channel, and you aren't busy saturday or sunday evening, though I know the odds of that for some of you is pretty slim, check it out.

Needless to say that I'm all proud and happy because my home town is actually featured on mainstream TV and you all should watch if you have ever wondered about un-heard-of towns on the edge of South Dakota. Anyways, here is the website that has the info on the episode. > http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/three_wishes/99971/episode.jhtml

chefmike
02-10-2006, 02:25 AM
So... it features Amy Grant, "The Queen of Christian Rock"?

Is it a prerequisite that the recipients of these wishes have to love jesus?

I certainly hope so...

Aw shucks... I was hoping to catch the "Monster Truck Rally" before I headed out this weekend... decisions, decisions :roll:

BeardedOne
02-10-2006, 02:44 AM

Paul Rodriguez did a stand-up routine in which he spoke of the 'thumpermentalists' (My word) who tried to get down with the Bario by knocking on doors and saying "Jesus ('Hay-zeus') loves you".

His response: "Shh! Keep it down! It was only that one time while our girls were out of town!" :lol:

I think it's cool, but wonder if they'd grant my three wishes: Allanah, Hara, and Jade. :twisted:

BeardedOne
02-10-2006, 02:57 AM
this might officially be the worst post ever...a poster no one cares about discussing a show no one heard about on a station no one has ever watched regarding a location that no one would know the difference if it dissapeared tomorrow...perhaps a recipe for grits by waldo next post?

C'mon, J. I remember my first beer, too. :lol:

TomSelis
02-10-2006, 04:01 AM
I'd wish for three women: One sexy, one smart and one rich

Quinn
02-10-2006, 04:16 AM
I think it's great that Skillet is excited about his home town. It's wathcing Country Music Television (CMT) that I have a hard time with.

On a vaguely related note, when I was a kid, my father used to make me sit and watch Hee Haw with him. A movie quote that comes to mind when thinking about country music or country anthing: "The horror, the horror."

-Quinn

BeardedOne
02-10-2006, 04:24 AM
I think it's great that Skillet is excited about his home town.

Oddly, I get excited about my hometown on occasion. Hell, the place that produced JFK, Mike Wallace, Mike Dukakis, Conan O'Brien, Arthur Fiedler, et al, can't be all bad.

Once you get past the crooked cops, malfeasant public officials, incompetent jurists, slanderous press, and the 90/10 ratio of asshole-to-intellect that the high school produced over many years. :soapbox

Skillet
02-11-2006, 05:23 AM
this might officially be the worst post ever...a poster no one cares about discussing a show no one heard about on a station no one has ever watched regarding a location that no one would know the difference if it dissapeared tomorrow...perhaps a recipe for grits by waldo next post?
I'm sorry. I guess I should post a bitter, pointless rambling about how anyone who believes in God is an idiot.

Skillet
02-11-2006, 05:26 AM
So... it features Amy Grant, "The Queen of Christian Rock"?

I certainly hope so...

Aw shucks... I was hoping to catch the "Monster Truck Rally" before I headed out this weekend... decisions, decisions :roll:
What's important is that you judge the show without actually seeing it. That way you can just cast out any opportunity you might have to not be a judgemental prick.

BeardedOne
02-11-2006, 05:51 AM
What's important is that you judge the show without actually seeing it. That way you can just cast out any opportunity you might have to not be a judgemental prick.

Pa-ching! :shock:

OK, now that this is all dealt with, can't we all just get along?

Skillet
02-11-2006, 05:59 AM

Pa-ching! :shock:

OK, now that this is all dealt with, can't we all just get along?
I would love to get along, but if it gets difficult when some people are so darn mean. :sadcry

ezed
02-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh Gosh, come on boys, put your britches back on and go home, nothing to see here...move along.

marissaazts
02-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry. I guess I should post a bitter, pointless rambling about how anyone who believes in God is an idiot.

i coudent agree more they are idiots

chefmike
02-11-2006, 07:13 PM

i coudent agree more they are idiots

Perhaps you are the idiot, pilgrim...

Maybe you should consider asking Jesus, or Amy the christian rock bimbo, or Santa, the tooth fairy, etc. to give you spellcheck for one of your wishes... :roll:

NickTheQuick
02-11-2006, 10:39 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOO

BeardedOne
02-12-2006, 12:44 AM
...the seperate lil stalls for confession arent really usefull if u think about it, i mean isnt there a sliding thing where the priest sees who u are? the point is so he can play with himself as u tell him about ur tranny party at allanahs u just came from...

So =that's= what that noise was! :shock:

I view god much like the closing sequence of the first Men In Black, a giant alien being using the planets as marbles in a game. I often feel like I live on one of the contact points. Southern California is another one. :lol:

ezed
02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
J,
I'm trying to follow along, moving my lips while pretending to sing. What page of the hymnal are we on? I must of dozed off during the sermon on sheep.

no, u have it a bit confused, i dont think that all people who believe in god are idiots...since u care so much, here is what i think about people who believe in god...u are either a bullshitter or a sucker...no other kind...and since ur obviously not clever enough to be the bullshitter, that makes u the sucker, or an adiot as u nicely put it....

u dont really think these fuckin morons in costumes on sunday waving purses with smoke and handing out cookies or whatever u idiots do, really buy into this shit like u and legend, do ya? theyre a bunch of gay gays who cant deal with the fact that thier parents will go nuts if they dont marry and have babies, so they found a perfect place to dress up in gay costumes, conduct cute choir boys and if theyre lucky they even get to play with a penis or two before its all said and done...and hey, a bunch of fuckin suckers like u even give em respect haha...the seperate lil stalls for confession arent really usefull if u think about it, i mean isnt there a sliding thing where the priest sees who u are? the point is so he can play with himself as u tell him about ur tranny party at allanahs u just came from...

Skillet
02-14-2006, 12:45 AM
no, u have it a bit confused, i dont think that all people who believe in god are idiots...since u care so much, here is what i think about people who believe in god...u are either a bullshitter or a sucker...no other kind...and since ur obviously not clever enough to be the bullshitter, that makes u the sucker, or an adiot as u nicely put it....

u dont really think these fuckin morons in costumes on sunday waving purses with smoke and handing out cookies or whatever u idiots do, really buy into this shit like u and legend, do ya? theyre a bunch of gay gays who cant deal with the fact that thier parents will go nuts if they dont marry and have babies, so they found a perfect place to dress up in gay costumes, conduct cute choir boys and if theyre lucky they even get to play with a penis or two before its all said and done...and hey, a bunch of fuckin suckers like u even give em respect haha...the seperate lil stalls for confession arent really usefull if u think about it, i mean isnt there a sliding thing where the priest sees who u are? the point is so he can play with himself as u tell him about ur tranny party at allanahs u just came from...
I couldn't even get through all of that. I don't know if you were trying to make a point or if you were riding a mad high of some sort. Either way, you pretty much proved my point.

Same to assume no one watched the show. :P

rick_932
02-14-2006, 01:20 AM
you live in south dakota? im sorry

Skillet
02-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Thank you for your pity. :mrgreen: