PDA

View Full Version : Can You Guys Bag The Bro Handshake/Half Hug Deal?

Dino Velvet
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Have a meeting or something. Show up on time too. Thanks in advance. I'll leave some grape soda and rolling papers.

russtafa
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
when i was working the door we had that hand shake thing going

jerseyboy72
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Have a meeting or something. Show up on time too. Thanks in advance. I'll leave some grape soda and rolling papers.

Where I come from Dino , there is the kiss on cheek also. lol

In my younger days working the front door in a few night clubs in Philly and Atlantic City, that were known for hangouts for the Philly mob. I got used to the kiss on the cheek. And me being half german and hungarian. A little bite of a culture shock. But after a few times it was no big deal, I got used to it.

dezz
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM

i'm just really confused how you ended up sounding so racist o.O
actually...not really

TheGeneral
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Lol @dezz. The handshake & half hug is just some swagger on a traditional handshake.
Dezz, I think it scares some white folks or maybe just Dino, lol.

I use both, for folks I want to be generic with and don't know they will get a traditional shake, folks I call my friends I can never be generic with so they get the half hug. Makes it more personal to me. It's not a black thing Dino, I know just as many White folks who do it.

TheGeneral
01-05-2012, 05:13 PM
As far as show up on time and grape soda and weed...

I'd rather smoke some kush and sip on a $100 bottle of cognac then get on that suff Dino loves like Meth or Coke. Just because you show up to work on time or have more money to waste doesn't make you better then anyone. Nothing personal, ijs.

MyersJ85
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
What i like to do is punch my friends in the dick or titty if your a chick then run around them 4 times while their on the ground... Its a little more hardcore than the bro hug but it definitely shows someone you truly care about them...

GroobySteven
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I didn't get it until I lived in Hawaii where everyone done it and it was actually pretty cool.
Doesn't quite work so well in the UK...

Dino Velvet
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I just don't like random fellas thinking they can grope me just because I drink with them. A hug is actually more a yes or no as opposed to degrees of hugging. I am a dude. So are you. A proper businessman handshake is plenty good and straight as an arrow. I might punch the next guy in his cunt who does it so he doesn't confuse my behavior for fright. Principle.

Dino Velvet
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM
when i was working the door we had that hand shake thing going

I know you don't like it a bit for sure.

Dino Velvet
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Where I come from Dino , there is the kiss on cheek also. lol

In my younger days working the front door in a few night clubs in Philly and Atlantic City, that were known for hangouts for the Philly mob. I got used to the kiss on the cheek. And me being half german and hungarian. A little bite of a culture shock. But after a few times it was no big deal, I got used to it.

I'm Russian. That's OC behavior. Respect.:Bowdown:

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media/images/1548.jpg

dezz
01-06-2012, 03:59 AM
you have personal space issues, aight that's cool. but you did go from being racist (and not denying it) to being slightly homophobic...on forum dedicated to transsexuals....lol my dude, lol

loveboof
01-06-2012, 04:03 AM
I don't think Dino was being racist...

Why don't you man up a bit and stop being so sensitive! lol

robertlouis
01-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Certainly not. This is England, dammit.

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 06:18 AM

Yeah! What he said! Quit being a buncha... woops

Steve-Oh
01-06-2012, 06:42 AM
It's overkill and fake sincerity.

These days, it seems that trustworthiness is at an all time low. These extra rituals to show you care aren't working for me.

My good friends know we are close. If it's been several years, fine. Hug away. If I saw your ass yesterday, just say hi.

Jericho
01-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Whut?

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Girls who hug me when I'm drunk confuse me as I think they want dick too.

russtafa
01-06-2012, 07:06 AM
we used to spit gum at the wankers driving by with their windows down and squirt at them with coke a cola or trip up the drunks walking by ,great times or take the girls up for a fuck in the bosses garden

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Great idea. Buy a leather jacket and put 100 nails pointing outward. They'll be too hazy to notice the trap. Night Club Half-Ass Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Rainbow 1980) 06 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYNPKndGDg)

Helvis2012
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I agree 100%.

dezz
01-06-2012, 08:24 AM

He asked for certain people to show up on time for once, and he'd leave grape soda and rolling papers. That's not me being sensitive, that's someone being racist. Talk about trying to man up, you've probably never had to fight for anything real

russtafa
01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
He asked for certain people to show up on time for once, and he'd leave grape soda and rolling papers. That's not me being sensitive, that's someone being racist. Talk about trying to man up, you've probably never had to fight for anything realDino is a cool guy and always treats people with respect

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Dino is a cool guy and always treats people with respect

I always said you were loyal like Tex Watson. Thanks mate.:cheers:

http://cdn8.documentary.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/charles-manson.jpg

GrimFusion
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
He asked for certain people to show up on time for once, and he'd leave grape soda and rolling papers. That's not me being sensitive, that's someone being racist. Talk about trying to man up, you've probably never had to fight for anything real

Grow a sense of humor.
There's no insult in inferring black dudes like grape soda and j's. It may be racist, but it's mildly racist and meant to be humorous; not something you should be picking little bitch sessions over.

GrimFusion
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Girls who hug me when I'm drunk confuse me as I think they want dick too.

They're hugging you because they don't want your dick. I'm sure they'd opt for a hand shake if it weren't socially awkward.

dezz
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I love when white people defend racism. "It's a joke." lol

italianamerican25
01-06-2012, 09:48 AM
For some reason this topic made me think of Chris Farley.

Tommy Boy - Brothers Gotta Hug - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTRFvZ_Cp4)

"Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug." haha

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
They're hugging you because they don't want your dick. I'm sure they'd opt for a hand shake if it weren't socially awkward.

If they stood there calmly with their hands in their pockets I promise I wouldn't bend them over a barstool. I'll sign papers if necessary. I'm more into Asians anyway.

Fuckin' guy at the grocery store does it too. I might switch to Vons. Saddam's kids couldn't run a worse rape room than that produce section at Ralph's. I try to block with the shopping cart.

How you been, Grim? How green has Oregon been? Sorry. Little dyslexic lately. How has the Oregon green been?:smoking

Still helping folks with computer problems? That was cool what you tried in here.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rDpq3GbSPVc/TUd1kGJ_JJI/AAAAAAAABzc/yq9B64rWk8Y/s1600/MarijuanaFlag.jpg

GrimFusion
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
If they stood there calmly with their hands in their pockets I promise I wouldn't bend them over a barstool. I'll sign papers if necessary. I'm more into Asians anyway.

Fuckin' guy at the grocery store does it too. I might switch to Vons. Saddam's kids couldn't run a worse rape room than that produce section at Ralph's. I try to block with the shopping cart.

How you been, Grim? How green has Oregon been? Sorry. Little dyslexic lately. How has the Oregon green been?:smoking

Still helping folks with computer problems? That was cool what you tried in here.

Shoulder-check him next time and just tell the dude you have a nerve disorder. I don't know what to tell ya, man. I'm a social toker, so I get people doing that to me a lot and I've kinda grown accustomed to it. It's weird, though because I never initiate it. I'd rather stick to dubs or a hand shake. Different strokes for different folks or whatever.

I've been smoking off of some fierce kush variants lately. I've been expecting the quality to drop the last couple of months, but apparently I have some quality hook ups. I do a lot of computer work for growers and card holders because they can't exactly call GeekSquad when their house smells like two skunks fucking, so I just jump between growers and OMMP patients.

As far as the free computer repair tips deal goes, yeah I still do that. I don't mind giving out freebies because it introduces me to new issues I need to learn how to resolve and keeps me sharp. I'm sure I'm not the only computer nerd around here, but if you have a question, feel free to ask.

It's been a while since I've been around. How did your holidays blow over? I bought a few gifts for friends and family and ended up poor as hell come Christmas. My buds didn't get me any gifts per-se, but over New Years I hit up four different parties and got fucking hammered. All in all, pretty chill; but now I'm in Sarah's boat smoking off of resign. Thankfully I have a paying gig tomorrow so that'll be rectified.

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Shoulder-check him next time and just tell the dude you have a nerve disorder. I don't know what to tell ya, man. I'm a social toker, so I get people doing that to me a lot and I've kinda grown accustomed to it. It's weird, though because I never initiate it. I'd rather stick to dubs or a hand shake. Different strokes for different folks or whatever.

I've been smoking off of some fierce kush variants lately. I've been expecting the quality to drop the last couple of months, but apparently I have some quality hook ups. I do a lot of computer work for growers and card holders because they can't exactly call GeekSquad when their house smells like two skunks fucking, so I just jump between growers and OMMP patients.

As far as the free computer repair tips deal goes, yeah I still do that. I don't mind giving out freebies because it introduces me to new issues I need to learn how to resolve and keeps me sharp. I'm sure I'm not the only computer nerd around here, but if you have a question, feel free to ask.

It's been a while since I've been around. How did your holidays blow over? I bought a few gifts for friends and family and ended up poor as hell come Christmas. My buds didn't get me any gifts per-se, but over New Years I hit up four different parties and got fucking hammered. All in all, pretty chill; but now I'm in Sarah's boat smoking off of resign. Thankfully I have a paying gig tomorrow so that'll be rectified.

Holidays good. Avoided relatives. Me and my ex talked on the phone. Sounds like things good with you. Oregon is a place I've never seen but my partying ways might fit in good on a trip. You must have some great organic stuff.

That's great you can barter like that. "Will Work For Weed"
That's right what you said about when you help people you're also learning new things for yourself. Knowledge is currency too. Good thinkin'.

Mayrah
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Here in the netherlands with the teens/young adults its normal to do the box (fists against each other) or that half hug

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Here in the netherlands with the teens/young adults its normal to do the box (fists against each other) or that half hug

I better get a full hug from you. A big one. No handshakes.

youngblood61
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I would love to get a hug from Mayrah!:)

StinkyPete1000
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Grow a sense of humor.
There's no insult in inferring black dudes like grape soda and j's. It may be racist, but it's mildly racist and meant to be humorous; not something you should be picking little bitch sessions over.
Speaking of manning up, "mildly" racist is still racist. Man up, call it what it is and be done with it. He may have sincerely meant it as a joke but don't call others a pussy when you won't even say fuck it I'll admit it was racist but he was joking.

It is what it is. If someone takes offense it doesn't mean you're tougher than they are (how tough can you be having an argument/posting offensive things in a forum from the comforts of your own house behind your computer).

I mean look at the topic. What does grape soda and weed have to do with not liking the handshake/hug? You guessed it, nothing.

ed_jaxon
01-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Dino when I finally meet you irl, either I got to give you the bro shake with the half hug or the "sup" half head nod.

I cannot give you a full on hug and somehow the straight Republican handshake doesn't do it for me.

How about the slap on the back both facing the bar and "give my man a shot and a beer on me" greeting?

russtafa
01-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Dino when I finally meet you irl, either I got to give you the bro shake with the half hug or the "sup" half head nod.

I cannot give you a full on hug and somehow the straight Republican handshake doesn't do it for me.

How about the slap on the back both facing the bar and "give my man a shot and a beer on me" greeting?
the man's got style

russtafa
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
in NZ the Maori's rub noses at formal gatherings

loveboof
01-06-2012, 07:43 PM

You're offended by 'grape soda' and punctuality jokes... yes - obviously you're being overly sensitive!

What Dino said is the same as making 'tea drinking/bad teeth' jokes to an Englishman. It means nothing.

So yeah you probably fight the good fight and all, but you really need to learn to pick your battles!

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Ed, you're the exception to many rules. I appreciate you being considerate. Give the "sup" half head nod and I'll buy the first round. Imagine this day and age with all the death and misery people losing their mind over 12 ounces of Fanta. I have many friends in Los Angeles that I am relentless with over their affection for rice and beans. They laugh their ass off showing me how comfortable they are in their own skin.

Can someone photoshop a can of grape soda into a mass grave so we can see the real horror? Get over it. It's only food. FFS

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Dirty Harry Hates Everyone - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRkCemeV7k)

needsum
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
My neighbor is a cop. He works in a town full of jews and mexicans. New years eve, we were in his front yard blowing things up, with fireworks brought there by those jews, and an egyp[tian guy. Not only was my neigbor spewing the term "yid" around, but he was calling the egyptian guy a "sand nigger". the jewish guys were laughing their asses off, calling him the same. They were all getting on each other's cases in fun sport. My neighbor made a comment at one point about it-- he basically said that this is why america is so great, because we can make fun of each other and laugh about it. no harm came from any of it, nobody got hurt, everyone knew it was all in silly fun and were rolling with it.

Seems to me there was nothing other than that happening here as well.

Hey Dino, pass me some of those beans and rice, and roll over a can of grape soda too please. Oh, and i hope you'r shitter's clean, because those fucking wetbacks sure can do damage to my colon with their cooking.... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:35 PM
My neighbor is a cop. He works in a town full of jews and mexicans. New years eve, we were in his front yard blowing things up, with fireworks brought there by those jews, and an egyp[tian guy. Not only was my neigbor spewing the term "yid" around, but he was calling the egyptian guy a "sand nigger". the jewish guys were laughing their asses off, calling him the same. They were all getting on each other's cases in fun sport. My neighbor made a comment at one point about it-- he basically said that this is why america is so great, because we can make fun of each other and laugh about it. no harm came from any of it, nobody got hurt, everyone knew it was all in silly fun and were rolling with it.

Seems to me there was nothing other than that happening here as well.

Hey Dino, pass me some of those beans and rice, and roll over a can of grape soda too please. Oh, and i hope you'r shitter's clean, because those fucking wetbacks sure can do damage to my colon with their cooking.... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

If it's free pass it over. Load my Russian ass up with Borscht and Vodka too. OMG, I just revealed a negative stereotype. For shame. Ilya must hate me now. Naw, he's got better things to do looking at dirty pictures of pretty girls. I give him shit in Moscow and he's cool as his Winters about it. Good. Comrade. Nostrovia:cheers:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rMrg1KsiAjI/TXFBvLkfA3I/AAAAAAAACxE/cu-QyR_neIA/s1600/01-russian-mafia.jpg

http://operatorchan.org/t/arch/src/t71134_Kalashnikov%20Vodka-%20military%20strength%20%2882%20proof%29.jpg

http://www.canvasstorehouse.com/image/cossacks_terrorising_a_korean_village_russo-japanese_war_1904_1230102.jpg

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I think I've been hanging with the aryans for too long,,,,,, I have no idea what grape soda has to do with being ethnic.

Anyways, I don't do silly handshakes mentioned in this topic, I just do like Moe of the three Stooges and poke the person I'm meeting in the eye.

PS- I just went to Urban dictionary to have a look at things,, and I gotta say, I never knew that, "grape soda", just one more thing I got to be careful talking about.

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I think I've been hanging with the aryans for too long,,,,,, I have no idea what grape soda has to do with being ethnic.

Anyways, I don't do silly handshakes mentioned in this topic, I just do like Moe of the three Stooges and poke the person I'm meeting in the eye.

PS- I just went to Urban dictionary to have a look at things,, and I gotta say, I never knew that, "grape soda", just one more thing I got to be careful talking about.

I like this girl. She has a struggle. Care to complain about grape soda now? Anybody? I would protect her under any circumstance with tremendous violence if necessary.

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
I like this girl. She has a struggle. Care to complain about grape soda now? Anybody? I would protect her under any circumstance with tremendous violence if necessary.

Love that ultra violence.

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Love that ultra violence.

Sorry for having to borrow you for a second. You know what I mean. You definitely know. It's what I'm not aware of that gives me the urge to disappear them so they cannot harm you in advance, my sweet. I know nothing but wish to lash out at all until you are satisfied.:Bowdown:

Yvonne183
01-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Sorry for having to borrow you for a second. You know what I mean. You definitely know. It's what I'm not aware of that gives me the urge to disappear them so they cannot harm you in advance, my sweet. I know nothing but wish to lash out at all until you are satisfied.:Bowdown:

I know what you mean but I can not say it on a public forum.

Maybe staring at my eyes has an effect on one,, or maybe this pic is the reason.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pR0LkfarT2I/TMikA6EsEoI/AAAAAAAAC1o/ULFjJPCVAtA/s1600/voodoo+doll.jpg

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I know what you mean but I can not say it on a public forum.

Maybe staring at my eyes has an effect on one,, or maybe this pic is the reason.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pR0LkfarT2I/TMikA6EsEoI/AAAAAAAAC1o/ULFjJPCVAtA/s1600/voodoo+doll.jpg

We have both White Code and Crazy Code. We sure confuse a lotta folks. Different Language. :cheers:

You don't have to physically utter a word for me to know what you are communicating. I know.

http://www.cbsnews.com/i/tim//2010/07/12/The-Omen-Damien.jpg

GrimFusion
01-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Speaking of manning up, "mildly" racist is still racist. Man up, call it what it is and be done with it. He may have sincerely meant it as a joke but don't call others a pussy when you won't even say fuck it I'll admit it was racist but he was joking.

It is what it is. If someone takes offense it doesn't mean you're tougher than they are (how tough can you be having an argument/posting offensive things in a forum from the comforts of your own house behind your computer).

I mean look at the topic. What does grape soda and weed have to do with not liking the handshake/hug? You guessed it, nothing.

I did admit it was racist. Well, I said it "may be racist", but it is racist. You and Dezz wouldn't be making a deal out of the conversation if it weren't. For the record, I never called Dezz a pussy. I said he shouldn't be having a little bitch session over this, and my opinion still stands.

Having an argument over the internet doesn't make anybody tough, but turning a joke into a tirade accomplishes the opposite. Yes, you can say whatever you want on the internet, but just like in real life, saying certain shit in certain situations can put people off. Perhaps you and Dezz were put off by Dino making a racist joke, but the rest of us are put off because the both of you think it's serious enough to turn it into an issue.

If grape soda and j's don't have anything to do with hand shakes or hugs, then how can you take anything in the post seriously? You've just proved my point. If you're going to waste time giving Dino hell because he made an off-color comment, you obviously don't know the dude too well. In all likelihood, while I just completely wasted the past 10 minutes writing this shit, he's probably sitting in his computer chair chuckling because you got trolled and took the bait.

ed_jaxon
01-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Just out of curiosity what group was the original post racist against?

It did not say.

Signed

brother from south side of Chicago

Dino Velvet
01-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I did admit it was racist. Well, I said it "may be racist", but it is racist. You and Dezz wouldn't be making a deal out of the conversation if it weren't. For the record, I never called Dezz a pussy. I said he shouldn't be having a little bitch session over this, and my opinion still stands.

Having an argument over the internet doesn't make anybody tough, but turning a joke into a tirade accomplishes the opposite. Yes, you can say whatever you want on the internet, but just like in real life, saying certain shit in certain situations can put people off. Perhaps you and Dezz were put off by Dino making a racist joke, but the rest of us are put off because the both of you think it's serious enough to turn it into an issue.

If grape soda and j's don't have anything to do with hand shakes or hugs, then how can you take anything in the post seriously? You've just proved my point. If you're going to waste time giving Dino hell because he made an off-color comment, you obviously don't know the dude too well. In all likelihood, while I just completely wasted the past 10 minutes writing this shit, he's probably sitting in his computer chair chuckling because you got trolled and took the bait.

You're like fuckin' Einstein. A little diarrhea oozed out of my butt while I laughed too. Little Accident. Worth it. Totally worth it.:cheers:

I'll admit it was a tad bit racist. Not anything worthy of the Suicide Hotline though. Just a little Honky mischief. Sorry but it will probably happen again. When in Rome vs Door/Window. Choose. Teflon. Me. Here.