PDA

View Full Version : An Android phone or An Iphone?

NatashaLover
12-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Going to sprint to upgrade my phone and will like to know your expertise! :@
:)
which one you think is better? and why?

Sacha
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM
I prefer Android... the available apps are increasing at a much faster rate which means more choice for the marketplace.

Also bear in mind that the original I-Phones were made with Samsung chipsets inside... and now of course Samsung make some wickedly good Android phones themselves.

I love my Galaxy S2... and No - I really don't want an I-Phone... Apple are great as PCs or Laptops, but as phones you need something that has total compatibility because THIS is the fastest expanding market now.

jerseyboy72
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM
The droid

BellaBellucci
12-23-2011, 12:08 AM
These aren't the droids you're looking for - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzcWPKAv2Ow)

House M.D - These aren't the droids you're looking for. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTOV-55ivM&feature=related)

But seriously. Get an Android. :D

~BB~

Dino Velvet
12-23-2011, 12:12 AM
As long as you can turn the ringer off what does it matter?

Sacha
12-23-2011, 12:22 AM
As long as you can turn the ringer off what does it matter?

Good point Dino, but there's another catch - for naughty men who are "in a relationship" but like to "play" (Of course, I don't know your status, so I am not referring to you or ANYONE here... but please bear in mind anyway, because it can work with business associates as well!!).

I was at lunch last week for a pre-Chritmas bash in Sitges, and basically I was informed that if a man and his wife get I-Phones under contract... that there's a facility that the 2 can pin-point each other's location to 50 metres (via GPS)...

Even if one is "Not" naughty... it doesn't matter... because as much as I'm definitely NOT perfect, there are times when I still like to piss-off with my associates to play golf on a Friday afternoon and I don't want people knowing where I am.

...I might ruin my handicap... I'm a bit neurotic like that :)

ghbryans1
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Windows Phone 7

GroobyKrissy
12-23-2011, 12:33 AM
iPhone all the way. I've had both and currently have both an android tablet and an iPad...

Personally, I hate Android. The app store is full of buggy and glitchy apps that don't work across different platforms. As much as I am a PC person, the iPhone and iPad are indispensable both for business, and pleasure. They're easy to use, but IOS 5.0 really sealed the deal for me with wireless updates and iCloud.

Whatever you do... don't get an HTC phone :)

Krissy

Sacha
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM

I agree on this, I have had problems previously with HTC... on the other hand Samsung was a real "find" for me.

By the way Krissy (of course you don't have to answer, but I am sooo curious) how come you got such incredibly sexy, muscular calves (I admit, it's my "weakness" around women)... were you a gymnast or something when in your teens???

RainMan
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
iPhone all the way. I've had both and currently have both an android tablet and an iPad...

Personally, I hate Android. The app store is full of buggy and glitchy apps that don't work across different platforms. As much as I am a PC person, the iPhone and iPad are indispensable both for business, and pleasure. They're easy to use, but IOS 5.0 really sealed the deal for me with wireless updates and iCloud.

Krissy

i agree completely owning 2 droid tablets (7"& 10") and ipad original and iphone 3gs, ipod 4g/2g, i can tell you droid is cool but the marketplace is behind when it comes to compatability on diffrent phones/tablets plus iOS (iphone software) is alotmore userfriendly and simple and the AppStore is still packed alot of developer support for things. my advice if you just want a phone that can do phone things/games/music/movies and the like get a iphone, if you really need things like flash on the internet/or any other droid specific thing then get a droid, but know droid is more technical then iphones and some people dont have the patients to deal with them

GroobyKrissy
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
I agree on this, I have had problems previously with HTC... on the other hand Samsung was a real "find" for me.

By the way Krissy (of course you don't have to answer, but I am sooo curious) how come you got such incredibly sexy, muscular calves (I admit, it's my "weakness" around women)... were you a gymnast or something when in your teens???

Soccer and rock climbing... both of which I used to do lots of before I moved up to Oregon. I played soccer since I was a wee one and actually got a scholarship for playing. I love rock climbing but Oregon is just so wet so I haven't gone in a long time. Thanks for the compliments BTW :)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-23-2011, 02:53 AM
I have all 3 mobile OS (ios5, Android 4, Windows 7 mobile) and I have to be honest. I just purchased the 4S (knowing the Iphone 5 will be available in July 2012).

My reasoning:
As much as I love my Galaxy S2, it won't run 4.0 perfectly with a port from a custom rom and even though that port is simple Samsung like HTC, LG, Motorola, etc. won't rush to send out an OTA or software via forum update when the Galaxy 3 (quad core processor device) will probably arrive in June (to trump the Iphone 5)

As much as I love my Nokia 710 I HATE paying for apps I get for free on the AppStore and on AndroidMarket or Amazon Market. Nonetheless, Windows Tiles system is quick and painless and of the 3 has the least forced closes of all the OS' as far as apps you purchase from the market.

The 4S does 2 things which is why I havent completely abandoned Apple.
1. Siri: gimmick as it is, I talk: it translates on an average of 95% what I say into text........... and I have a NYC accent: that in itself is impressive.
2. My iPhone charges from near death to full in 1/3 the time my android phone(s) have, and 1/2 the time my windows phones have (I also owned the radar by htc)

my .02
-JWBL

NatashaLover
12-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Thank you all for the great feed back!!!!!! I am just arrived from sprint, I finally decided on the Samsung Galaxy II. It was between that one and the Iphone and I think for what i need it I will like it! Thanks again for the great input!!!!!

Sacha
12-23-2011, 04:18 AM
I think you made the right decision... and for the record - you look damn fine!

wbmando
12-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Android!

arena95
12-23-2011, 04:27 AM
Soccer and rock climbing... both of which I used to do lots of before I moved up to Oregon. I played soccer since I was a wee one and actually got a scholarship for playing. I love rock climbing but Oregon is just so wet so I haven't gone in a long time. Thanks for the compliments BTW :)

we at ajax amsterdam are always on the lookout for talent, one thing is for sure,:) youŽll be a hell of a sensation in the dressingroom!

arena95
12-23-2011, 04:33 AM
i-phone, for no specific reason other than my admiration for the late steve.

MyersJ85
12-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Definitely Android.. With a droid you can download the FartDroid app.. It's hours apon hours of good natured fun..

NatashaLover
12-23-2011, 06:01 AM
I think you made the right decision... and for the record - you look damn fine!

Thanks! :) wink!

MyersJ85
12-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Thank you all for the great feed back!!!!!! I am just arrived from sprint, I finally decided on the Samsung Galaxy II. It was between that one and the Iphone and I think for what i need it I will like it! Thanks again for the great input!!!!!

I got the Galaxy 10.1 Tablet.. That shit is awesome..

NatashaLover
12-23-2011, 07:20 AM
I got the Galaxy 10.1 Tablet.. That shit is awesome..
Today also? I saw it there and it was tempting! Looks super!

francisfkudrow
12-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Everybody hates the iPhone.

the_corner
12-23-2011, 07:58 AM
I like my iphone, and I'm very unlikely to change it.

Willie Escalade
12-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I love my iPhone as well...no problems whatsoever.

Richctdude
12-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I have a iphone but wish I had a android:(

RallyCola
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
i had an iphone. i now have an android (droid x2). there is a reason why. the iphone is a cute toy but very limiting. the android is more powerful, has virtually the same popular apps and far more business applications because of the full version of open office.

i wished apple the company would just die like steve jobs did. i hate all things apple and most apple users because all they do is preach to a different hegemonic company but they think they are special. it isn't counterculture to abhor windows or android and praise the crap that is OSX or iOS anymore because it is and always will be an inferior product. i regret having ever experimented with the iphone, but at least now i can make the comparison validly having used the device. the iphone is just popular but not superior. i say to all the iphone freaks that just follow the societal craze...if you lived in 1930s germany, would you have killed all the jews too...you probably would have because you are just sheep.

Faldur
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM

You nailed the choice, the Galaxy II is by far the best phone in the market. I got mine a couple months ago and it blows away anything my iPhone could have ever done. Samsung is on top of their game, enjoy the new toy. I am sure you will!

MyersJ85
12-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Today also? I saw it there and it was tempting! Looks super!

I got my tablet this past Monday.. It's definitely worth the money.. I had the iPad 2 but hated it.. Gotta say I am more of an android fan over apple..

NatashaLover
12-23-2011, 09:33 PM
You nailed the choice, the Galaxy II is by far the best phone in the market. I got mine a couple months ago and it blows away anything my iPhone could have ever done. Samsung is on top of their game, enjoy the new toy. I am sure you will!

Hey I am enjoying it already now I will have to start adding some fun aps and some work aps plus adding my emails. Yesterday one of my flash sites wasn't loading correctly but I nail it. Now its working great! I fucking love it! :rock2

I got my tablet this past Monday.. It's definitely worth the money.. I had the iPad 2 but hated it.. Gotta say I am more of an android fan over apple..
Nice, looks like Android is winning the race for now, but this will be a never ending race

dakota87
12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
iPhone here. It's the gold standard. All else is just a cheap copy.

Quiet Reflections
12-23-2011, 11:11 PM
If it's not a StarTAC 3000 it's nothing

NatashaLover
12-24-2011, 12:30 AM
This business has advance soo much in 20 years.

MyersJ85
12-24-2011, 02:38 AM
I always wanted a phone like Zack Morris..

NatashaLover
12-24-2011, 06:14 AM
I always wanted a phone like Zack Morris..

Totally Loved Saved by the Bell!!!!!! one of my favorite along with Married with children and Fresh Prince of Bel-air
:Bowdown:

MyersJ85
12-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Totally Loved Saved by the Bell!!!!!! one of my favorite along with Married with children and Fresh Prince of Bel-air
:Bowdown:

I miss the happier times at Bayside.. I can still probably quote every episode word for word.. Even do the same thing with Fresh Prince.. Not Married with Children so much tho..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBWneSL5MWI

alyssaluxor
12-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I have Iphone 4 then I just bought Samsung Galaxy S2(Android), I still prefer Iphone very easy to use and much stable OS.

Louie Damazo
12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
I used all and i m now with Windows Phone 7

Apple is apple, ll never change. I think many people get it because is fancy but , for fan boys, its NOT all this spetacular stuff some many people say. Its really good and have more time to get more aplications and fix bugs but basically is same thing since start

Android is good also, today is the best choice for sure BUUUTTTT future is not that bright with all those wars for patents. I know, Google got Motorola but so what ??? Microsoft got Skype and have good chance do the same with Nokia (simbian has many good patents) and RIM (blackberry is nice too) then its possible see some exciting new things coming to WP7

Today integration with social netrworks in WP7 is awesome, u do all quick and is so simple in 1 area . If it works ??? Hell yeah and i need say, what a fast system !!!! No lags for here since i start use a month ago.

Market in Brasil is shit but is changing fast, microsoft knows that need it strong or has no chance in this war.

Well, those are My 2 cents ;)

innocentbychoice
12-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm amazed that noone here cares about a Blackberry. What do you guys think about that phone? I've had Blackberries for about a year and a half now (I've had about 4 since I got the first one) and the only thing that makes me stay is the BBM; if Apple or Android could have BBM I'd change in a heartbeat. I primarily use my phone to chat and tweet, and the BBM is perfect for that because most of the people I know have Blackberries as well. Ubersocial for BB is also perfect for tweeting.

What do you guys think about Blackberry?

Mayrah
12-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Friend of mine has a Blackberry and its a nice phone. :)

I myself got a crappy lg viewty which is a touchscreen (prepaid)

RallyCola
12-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm amazed that noone here cares about a Blackberry. What do you guys think about that phone? I've had Blackberries for about a year and a half now (I've had about 4 since I got the first one) and the only thing that makes me stay is the BBM; if Apple or Android could have BBM I'd change in a heartbeat. I primarily use my phone to chat and tweet, and the BBM is perfect for that because most of the people I know have Blackberries as well. Ubersocial for BB is also perfect for tweeting.

blackberry's time is over. it is just VHS trying to survive in a blu-ray world.

RIM made great devices, but Android and Windows platforms are far superior.

RallyCola
12-24-2011, 09:07 PM
This business has advance soo much in 20 years.

i actually purchased one of these on ebay 2 days ago. my plan is to just make it a bluetooth headset for my android. i'm just bored and it will be cool project for $100...and a conversation piece.

Louie Damazo
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
blackberry's time is over. it is just VHS trying to survive in a blu-ray world.

RIM made great devices, but Android and Windows platforms are far superior.

And big chances Microsoft get RIM soon then WP7 ll be so much better with all great things can get from blackberrys

RallyCola
12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
And big chances Microsoft get RIM soon then WP7 ll be so much better with all great things can get from blackberrys

i have a buy order ready to execute when RIM gets to $11.00 a share. If a deal does get done, I'll make a tidy profit. If it buyout doesn't happen, RIM will likely sell off business units and I'll get out around $14.00 a share. It's still a few thousand dollars profit if no buyout.

Balsillie's claim that he wants to wait until the next gen BB is out next year is all bullshit because there is no way that RIM shareholders will continue to lose their shirts. He'll be ousted and replaced with someone interim if he doesn't strike a deal with MS and Nokia.

rockabilly
12-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Got a droid for Christmas

RallyCola
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Got a droid for Christmas

congrats...one less iOS drone

LatinLover
12-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I have a Blackberry , but for me iphone is better

NatashaLover
12-28-2011, 08:47 AM

I do like Blackberrys and I had the curve 8530 with sprint and did like it but,
1. the screen is still a bit too small for my taste
2. Doesnt support flash (but I think new version does but not sure)
The thing I did loved about my ex BB was push email instead of pull email
but now with my new Samsung GalaxyII I am having soo much fun and can do so many things that i couldnt with my BB.

Louie Damazo
12-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I do like Blackberrys and I had the curve 8530 with sprint and did like it but,
1. the screen is still a bit too small for my taste
2. Doesnt support flash (but I think new version does but not sure)
The thing I did loved about my ex BB was push email instead of pull email
but now with my new Samsung GalaxyII I am having soo much fun and can do so many things that i couldnt with my BB.

Forget Flash, even Android ll not able suport it in ice cream sandwich. Its a DEAD technology

RallyCola
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
did you get ice cream sandwich yet....i picked it up on christmas eve. its damn buggy

NatashaLover
12-29-2011, 03:20 AM
I need to download a QR Scanner app, any one knows which one is the best?