PDA

View Full Version : Bush Gets Reamed at King Funeral...

chefmike
02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
VIDEO: Rev. Lowery’s Standing Ovation
Speaking before four presidents, including President George W. Bush, Rev. Dr. Joseph Lowery received a standing ovation today at the Coretta Scott King funeral. Watch it:

http://streaming.americanprogress.org/ThinkProgress/2006/lowryking.320.240.mov.html

We know now there were no weapons of mass destruction over there. [Standing Ovation] But Coretta knew and we know that there are weapons of misdirection right down here. Millions without health insurance. Poverty abounds. For war billions more but no more for the poor.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/02/07/lowery-standing-ovation/

MoonAndStar
02-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Preach Brother.... kinda makes me think that change might occur.... i stress the word "think"..... i aint holding my breath....

;~)

Queens Guy
02-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Is it just me, or should Coretta Scott King's funeral have been about Coretta Scott King, and all the great things she did in her life?

Can't we leave the partisan politics out of it for one day?

chefmike
02-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Is it just me, or should Coretta Scott King's funeral have been about Coretta Scott King, and all the great things she did in her life?

How can you separate the the ideals that MLK and CSK worked for all their lives, from the the abominations being inflicted on this country by the neocon criminals in the whitehouse?

BeardedOne
02-08-2006, 03:18 AM

Could have been worse, that Phelps-Roper bitch could have been out front with a sign saying "God'll getcha" or somesuch. Protesting a funeral, ferchrissake. :roll:

A funeral or memorial service is what people make of it. I think she would have been proud.

RangeHova
02-08-2006, 04:00 AM

Could have been worse, that Phelps-Roper bitch could have been out front with a sign saying "God'll getcha" or somesuch. Protesting a funeral, ferchrissake. :roll:

A funeral or memorial service is what people make of it. I think she would have been proud.

Phelps and his people were out there protesting. Remember Mrs. King spoke up for gays and lesbians.

Legend
02-08-2006, 04:08 AM
"George Bush doesnt like black people"

Kanye West

Can you say public relations stunt, like mr or ms king would ever want endorsement from a peabrain like george w, he is the opposite of everything they stand for.

Quinn
02-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Bottom line..... Legend, you are both a tool and a zero.

-Quinn

Legend
02-08-2006, 05:27 AM

Quinn
02-08-2006, 05:34 AM
More complete nonsense

Of course you care, toady. Otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered to respond telling us all how much you don’t care – repeatedly.

-Quinn

Legend
02-08-2006, 05:46 AM
.................................................. .

Felicia Katt
02-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Every now and then I guess we all think realistically about that day when we will be victimized with what is life's final common denominator — that something we call death. We all think about it. And every now and then I think about my own death, and I think about my own funeral. And I don't think of it in a morbid sense. Every now and then I ask myself, "What is it that I would want said?" And I leave the word to you this morning.
If any of you are around when I have to meet my day, I don't want a long funeral. And if you get somebody to deliver the eulogy, tell them not to talk too long. Every now and then I wonder what I want them to say. Tell them not to mention that I have a Nobel Peace Prize, that isn't important. Tell them not to mention that I have three or four hundred other awards, that's not important. Tell him not to mention where I went to school.

I'd like somebody to mention that day, that Martin Luther King, Jr., tried to give his life serving others. I'd like for somebody to say that day, that Martin Luther King, Jr., tried to love somebody. I want you to say that day, that I tried to be right on the war question. I want you to be able to say that day, that I did try, in my life, to clothe those who were naked. I want you to say, on that day, that I did try, in my life, to visit those who were in prison. I want you to say that I tried to love and serve humanity.Yes, if you want to say that I was a drum major, say that I was a drum major for justice; say that I was a drum major for peace; I was a drum major for righteousness.

FK

Quinn
02-08-2006, 06:19 AM
LMAO @ you, Legend. That was about as creative as the rest of your intellectually bereft drivel. How you manage to actually get dumber with each post is a mystery that entertains us all. And, once again, you do care – or you wouldn't have responded, yet again. Try to keep up, little fellow. I know sentences comprised of anything more than mono-syllabic words confuse your retarded ass. As such, I’ll include a Legend-friendly, mono-syllabic translation that encapsulates my basic points.

For those who take the short bus – like Legend – here it is:

1. You care;
2. No one cares that you care;
3. No one cares what you say;
4. You are slow.

-Quinn

Legend
02-08-2006, 06:27 AM

Felicia Katt
02-08-2006, 06:33 AM
Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

FK

Legend
02-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Rip Ms.coretta scott king

Quinn
02-08-2006, 06:42 AM
LMAO @ you, Legend. That was about as creative as the rest of your intellectually bereft drivel. How you manage to actually get dumber with each post is a mystery that entertains us all. And, once again, you do care – or you wouldn't have responded, yet again. Try to keep up, little fellow. I know sentences comprised of anything more than mono-syllabic words confuse your retarded ass. As such, I’ll include a Legend-friendly, mono-syllabic translation that encapsulates my basic points.

For those who take the short bus – like Legend – here it is:

1. You care;
2. No one cares that you care;
3. No one cares what you say;
4. You are slow.

-Quinn

Short bus joke i heard that shit before on here dude if your gonna steal someone else's insult steal one more creative. This shit is so fucking who are you and why are you evening talking to me. Your not even worth my time. So here are so words i hope you can understand GET A LIFE LOSER AND GET OFF MY SACK.

That's more clear thinking there, bible boy. You obviously feel that I am not worth your time; THAT'S WHY YOU KEEP RESPONDING. Here's an Idea. Why don't you attempt to create more IDs on HA? That's much better than being a man and saying things from one single, accountable ID. Face it, you are a spineless worm that adds less than zero to this place. Go to the other forum, where your dumb ass belongs. No one cares for your toady bandwagon bullshit.

-Quinn

Quinn
02-08-2006, 07:31 AM
LOL. Thanks, J. I can't take it when a person won't stand behind their honest convictions. Moreover, I really don't like ass kissing toadies. It's all so phony.

We're a community here, and even those of us that tend to see eye to eye aren't going to agree on everything – but at least we all know where we truly stand. I guess it's an issue of personal integrity that matters, even on something as anonymous as an internet forum.

-Quinn