PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel 'Weed Wars'

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 01:41 AM
The show follows Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary, serving over 94,000 'patients'.
So I just watched the first two episodes this last week.
I have never smoked the junk myself, but it seems clear that there is a hell of a lot of demand in California, that can't be met.
I am shocked and disappointed in what seems to be a lack of custody & control of 'suppliers' who just seemly walk in with enormous amounts of pot from god knows where. It is 'tested' but honestly where does the other 90% that Haborside medical turn away go? Out on the street?
I am no 'pot banner' nor am I a supporter, but at best this whole concept seems the medical 'pot' industry is just putting up a shell game trying to be legit in the face of DEA and state law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy-DAN3NON4

Merkurie
12-19-2011, 01:55 AM
They should just legalize it, be done with it and let people grow in their own property. I don't think there should be a pot industry, just allow people to grow for their own use at home. That would take most all of the money out of pot, it would be like the basil or oregano market.

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 02:02 AM
No problems here.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/IHaveNoIdeaWhatThisIs.gif

NatashaLover
12-19-2011, 02:06 AM
I like " The Moon Shiners" better :)

onmyknees
12-19-2011, 02:23 AM
I like " The Moon Shiners" better :)

lol....Have you ever had real North Carolina moonshine Natasha ?

luvshemales
12-19-2011, 02:29 AM
The show follows Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary, serving over 94,000 'patients'.
So I just watched the first two episodes this last week.
I have never smoked the junk myself, but it seems clear that there is a hell of a lot of demand in California, that can't be met.
I am shocked and disappointed in what seems to be a lack of custody & control of 'suppliers' who just seemly walk in with enormous amounts of pot from god knows where. It is 'tested' but honestly where does the other 90% that Haborside medical turn away go? Out on the street?
I am no 'pot banner' nor am I a supporter, but at best this whole concept seems the whole medical 'pot' industry is just putting shell game trying to be legit in the face of DEA and state law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy-DAN3NON4

Typical Republican response. You seem to conveniently omit the dad whom bought pot for his son suffering from Epilepsy from the Canabis club and that his sick child's constant seizures miraculously stopped. Wow medication that actually works for patients. As to your statement that persons bringing in "enormous amounts of pot" what was shown was bringing in one pound of marijuana. Hardly would consider one pound an enormous amount. I believe the purchasing department at the club mentioned that when they purchase that amount it is usually sold out the same day that they purchase it.

As for what has been clear in the first few episodes of the show is that the federal government is attempting to close the doors of this non-profit care center by not recognizing this as a legitimate business. The IRS is not allowing business expenses which are legitimate operating expenses such as rent,utilities, payroll, etc using codes which were established solely to disallow Cocaine Cartels from fronting as legitimate business. Marijuana is a legitimate business in California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Michigan and other states. People in these states decided that this what they want and it is now law. All legitimate business are allowed to deduct legitimate expenses just because for IRS wants to view this as a DRUG business it considers it non legitimate. Shame they don't apply the same logic to Merck, Pfizer or any of the other giant drug companies.

AmyDaly
12-19-2011, 02:44 AM
I think its amazing that despite our downward spiraling economy, that politicians still wish to ban the huge industry that is pot instead of taxing and regulating it. Do you realize how many jobs would be created? And how much revenue we are losing by banning it? Its helped create this war on drugs that will never ever end. They didn't learn the first time during the prohibition on alcohol, which created more organized crime, which is the same thing that this pot prohibition is doing. We are going to smoke pot regardless if its illegal or not. We will just get it other ways, like from gang members.

MikeyO
12-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Spot on reply by Amy!

rasta
12-19-2011, 02:53 AM
free up the weed.. live ..

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 02:54 AM
I think its amazing that despite our downward spiraling economy, that politicians still wish to ban the huge industry that is pot instead of taxing and regulating it. Do you realize how many jobs would be created? And how much revenue we are losing by banning it? Its helped create this war on drugs that will never ever end. They didn't learn the first time during the prohibition on alcohol, which created more organized crime, which is the same thing that this pot prohibition is doing. We are going to smoke pot regardless if its illegal or not. We will just get it other ways, like from gang members.

Guess who gets my money because the gov't can't get their heads out of their asses? The politicians are worse.

Nostrovia Comrades :cheers:

http://mafija.biz/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/russian-mafia.jpg

nonnonnon
12-19-2011, 02:59 AM
I say legalize murder and all drugs. people are going to do it regardless

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 03:03 AM
I say legalize murder and all drugs. people are going to do it regardless

Treat people as they deserve and get high. Where's the petition?

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Typical Republican response. You seem to conveniently omit the dad whom bought pot for his son suffering from Epilepsy from the Canabis club and that his sick child's constant seizures miraculously stopped. Wow medication that actually works for patients. As to your statement that persons bringing in "enormous amounts of pot" what was shown was bringing in one pound of marijuana. Hardly would consider one pound an enormous amount. I believe the purchasing department at the club mentioned that when they purchase that amount it is usually sold out the same day that they purchase it.

As for what has been clear in the first few episodes of the show is that the federal government is attempting to close the doors of this non-profit care center by not recognizing this as a legitimate business. The IRS is not allowing business expenses which are legitimate operating expenses such as rent,utilities, payroll, etc using codes which were established solely to disallow Cocaine Cartels from fronting as legitimate business. Marijuana is a legitimate business in California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Michigan and other states. People in these states decided that this what they want and it is now law. All legitimate business are allowed to deduct legitimate expenses just because for IRS wants to view this as a DRUG business it considers it non legitimate. Shame they don't apply the same logic to Merck, Pfizer or any of the other giant drug companies.

Merk, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson all have research and devlopment in a well regulated industry.
"Weed' is at best an illegal drug and at worst a legitimate means to get folks 'hooked' on an addictve substance that fries your brain, while supporting an unlawful drug trade.
The '5 yr old' might have well been helped, but agian where do you draw the line? If morphine or cocaine would have helped child and the 'pot liquid' would not you feel the same?

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Merk, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson all have research and devlopment in a well regulated industry.
"Weed' is at best an illegal drug and at worst a legitimate means to get folks 'hooked' on an addictve substance that fries your brain, while supporting an unlawful drug trade.
The '5 yr old' might have well been helped, but agian where do you draw the line? If morphine or cocaine would have helped child and the 'pot liquid' would not you feel the same?

Once a Neo-con, always a Neo-con. :rolleyes:

~BB~

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 03:30 AM

So where do we draw the moral line Amy? I think that it is open to 'debate' about what kind of impact weed actally has on Cali? The Cali weed industry has big money pouring in from mexico, because they know they can sell and distribute their 'drugs' to a coustomer base that is ineed of a fix.
If weed could be sold and marketed like cigarettes with health warnings about long tem brain damage and it's addictive qualties then there is not a problem, but to call it 'medicine' is just makes me :smh

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 03:36 AM
They didn't learn the first time during the prohibition on alcohol, which created more organized crime, which is the same thing that this pot prohibition is doing.

Prohibition also created the great Kennedy family fortune and led to the 20th century's most beloved president. Can you imagine Snoop in 2012?

Erika, your gateway argument is weak. If there is a gateway, it's the lie. You realize pot doesn't make you a sex crazed psycho (we've all seen "Reefer Madness") and think "let's find out how much more of this is bullshit.".

Regardless of opinion and politics one thing is certain and historically verifiable: many human beings want to alter their consciousness and they will do it. So do we accept that and devise ways to make it work in society or do we criminalize and put otherwise decent people in prison for being, well, people?

That said, some people become useless with drug use, just like alcoholics become wastes. This people need help.

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Once a Neo-con, always a Neo-con. :rolleyes:

~BB~

Yes I am a conservative.... been one my whole life and although my social postions on LGTB rights have changed my stance on other social issiues has not:geek:

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Yes I am a conservative.... been one my whole life and although my social postions on LGTB rights have changed my stance on other social issiues has not:geek:

I'm still pretty sure that's "BLTG". . .

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 03:41 AM

Neo-cons aren't conservative - they're liberals with draconian positions on social issues. A true conservative stands for the authority of states and the People, as intended by the Constitution. This includes prohibition of substances. Period.

~BB~

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 03:42 AM
Ron Paul says alcohol is more dangerous than weed and he's a pussy doctor.

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Neo-cons aren't conservative - they're liberals with draconian positions on social issues. A true conservative stands for the authority of states and the People, as intended by the Constitution. This includes prohibition of substances. Period.

~BB~

Spoken like a true libertarian...:whistle:

AmyDaly
12-19-2011, 03:51 AM
So where do we draw the moral line Amy? I think that it is open to 'debate' about what kind of impact weed actally has on Cali? The Cali weed industry has big money pouring in from mexico, because they know they can sell and distribute their 'drugs' to a coustomer base that is ineed of a fix.
If weed could be sold and marketed like cigarettes with health warnings about long tem brain damage and it's addictive qualties then there is not a problem, but to call it 'medicine' is just makes me :smh

The moral line? Why does the government need to push their morals on me? If we let the government push all their bs christian "morals" on us then you wouldn't be living the life that you live right now as a transsexual. We also wouldn't have the federal reserve stealing money from the people or politicians cheating on their wives.

There is no debate on what kind of impact pot has. Its been going on for years. They have really good estimates on how big the pot industry really is. And pot customers don't need a "fix". Unlike legal cigarettes or alcohol, pot is non addictive and has never caused any deaths by overdose or anything close to what the stuff that is legal has done. Pot does not cause long term brain damage. Even the short term memory loss is recovered after stopping smoking pot.

I am not too sure how someone who knows so little about something can even have an opinion worth noting on something like calling pot medicine. Go ask a cancer patient or a patient with MS. They will tell you first hand why its called medicine. People need to research this shit before they go making threads on stuff that they know little about.

This is exactly why we have people voting to not legalize pot. They've been brainwashed by the republican party to be drones who believe everything the republicans say or that they watch on Fox fake news. Who gives a shit about reading the actual facts? Just listen to what your republican leaders say who hold the remotes to your brain.

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 03:56 AM

So are you arguing that the Constitution doesn't explicitly reserve all powers not enumerated to the federal government for the states and the People? Or are you saying that the Constitution is irrelevant to the discussion? You'd be wrong on both counts.

~BB~

AmyDaly
12-19-2011, 03:58 AM
So are you arguing that the Constitution doesn't explicitly reserve all powers not enumerated to the federal government for the states and the People? Or are you saying that the Constitution is irrelevant to the discussion? You'd be wrong on both counts.

~BB~
Shes a republican. The constitution is irrelevant.

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Al Capone would want to keep weed illegal if he were around today. Why do you want me to support the mob? I will, do, and have made friends with them already.

http://images.wikia.com/deadliestfiction/images/3/36/Fotoprikol_0831.jpg

Merkurie
12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Marijuana is an indigenous weed in North America. It can be grown damn near anywhere by damn near anyone who puts even a half assed effort into it.

Criminalizing it is what has created the black market in pot that makes these cartels millions of dollars, suck billions into the drug war and puts thousands of people into jail at worst or gives them an arrest record at best.

Legalize it. If there are medical uses for it -- all the better. Either way, pot is far less destructive than the vodka shot I am about to enjoy.

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 04:08 AM

Two points:

1. Most of America doesn't find "libertarian" to be insulting the way "liberals" find "conservative" to be insulting. Libertarians are a bit elitist, but not hypocritical and laughable like your run of the mill conservative.

2. Libertarians are basically for an intelligent anarchy (in the political sense, not the 70s punk or Mad Max sense.). I don't get the idea that Bella is for anarchy. She seems to understand that people are too stupid for that to really work. I could be wrong on that, though, and I'm sure she will correct me if so.

OK, maybe 3 points:

3. Erika, you keep mistaking "libertarian" for "liberal".

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Marijuana is an indigenous weed in North America. It can be grown damn near anywhere by damn near anyone who puts even a half assed effort into it.

Criminalizing it is what has created the black market in pot that makes these cartels millions of dollars, suck billions into the drug war and puts thousands of people into jail at worst or gives them an arrest record at best.

Legalize it. If there are medical uses for it -- all the better. Either way, pot is far less destructive than the vodka shot I am about to enjoy.

I lie to be a patient but weed gets me in way less trouble than the bottle does. The worst trouble I cause is what I say online.

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 04:15 AM
The moral line? Why does the government need to push their morals on me? If we let the government push all their bs christian "morals" on us then you wouldn't be living the life that you live right now as a transsexual. We also wouldn't have the federal reserve stealing money from the people or politicians cheating on their wives.

There is no debate on what kind of impact pot has. Its been going on for years. They have really good estimates on how big the pot industry really is. And pot customers don't need a "fix". Unlike legal cigarettes or alcohol, pot is non addictive and has never caused any deaths by overdose or anything close to what the stuff that is legal has done. Pot does not cause long term brain damage. Even the short term memory loss is recovered after stopping smoking pot.

I am not too sure how someone who knows so little about something can even have an opinion worth noting on something like calling pot medicine. Go ask a cancer patient or a patient with MS. They will tell you first hand why its called medicine. People need to research this shit before they go making threads on stuff that they know little about.

This is exactly why we have people voting to not legalize pot. They've been brainwashed by the republican party to be drones who believe everything the republicans say or that they watch on Fox fake news. Who gives a shit about reading the actual facts? Just listen to what your republican leaders say who hold the remotes to your brain.

I don't work for the Repulican party anymore...I was however a person who was seen as a 'moral leader within the party' before I came out as trans because of my conservative beliefs.
The Whole helping cancer & MS patients thing is subjective at best..

I might not work for the GOP anymore, but I will go down swinging making sure my voice is heard within a party I can believe in:geek:
Amy By all means "chill out, Hug a tree & Roll a doobie" while I take an active role in trying to pull this country out of a sewer.

AmyDaly
12-19-2011, 04:21 AM
I don't work for the Repulican party anymore...I was however a person who was seen as a 'moral leader within the party' before I came out as trans because of my conservative beliefs.

I might not work for the GOP anymore, but I will go down swinging making sure my voice is heard within a party I can believe in:geek:
Amy By all means "chill out, Hug a tree & Roll a doobie" while I take an active role in trying to pull this country out of a sewer.

Its not subjective. There are 1000's of patients out there who can tell you this. For instance, Pot has been proven to raise appetite. Do you know what this means for people who are so sick that they can't bare to eat? All the sudden they want to eat again.

Here is the thing. By me supporting the local pot economy here in California, I am doing what you call pulling this country out of a sewer by contributing the money that I have earned on my job to our economy. Trying to limit people capitalizing on pot and all the paraphernalia that goes with that is not just hurting our economy, its anti-capitalist and unamerican.

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Al Capone would want to keep weed illegal if he were around today. Why do you want me to support the mob? I will, do, and have made friends with them already.

http://images.wikia.com/deadliestfiction/images/3/36/Fotoprikol_0831.jpg

I am not saying ban weed I am just saying I take issue with the way it's sold and marketed. If you want light it up go for it. I just don't think pot is medicine.

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 04:23 AM

Ima add "delusional" to the list of things you should call yourself.

Ineeda SM
12-19-2011, 04:24 AM

First off, weed is not physically addictive, and it causes far less health problems than taking hormones every day. And there is no long term brain damage.

Now for the facts your party never told you James. Weed is proven to help cancer patients with the after affects of Chemotherapy. Most cancer patients get very sick after their treatments, and puke their brains out for 2 hours. But smoking weed after their treatment is 98% effective in making them feel normal almost instantly. It is proven for decades that weed smokers have a 90% less chance of ever getting glaucoma, and it helps to slow down the process of glaucoma growth. Weed is proven to help most forms of depression, and the effects of bipolar people. Epileptics have far less fits by smoking weed......The list goes on and on and on....

So don't push that "Not a medicine" bull shit. You can get high as a kite on morphine and codeine, but they are still a legitimate medicines. And so is weed. You're just too brainwashed with the crap your party has filled your brain with to see the facts.

Another one I call bull shit on. You just said you changed your social position on GLBT rights, but you still support the party who is dead fast against it. You are a hypocrite James. Maybe you can fool a few others here, but you don't fool me one bit. 2+2 still equals 4 in the real world.

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Two points:

1. Most of America doesn't find "libertarian" to be insulting the way "liberals" find "conservative" to be insulting. Libertarians are a bit elitist, but not hypocritical and laughable like your run of the mill conservative.

I'm a minarchist, not an anarchist. Am I elitist? Meh. Maybe. But I mean well.

And this is a board full of African-Americans from the east coast and hippies from the west. Erika's was a losing argument from jump. :lol:

~BB~

AmyDaly
12-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I just don't think pot is medicine.

And I am guessing all your medical experience has lead you to this conclusion? Perhaps all the reports that says pot doesn't help? You know, I have never taken Prozac and have no experience with that drug. I don't know anything about it except that its a happy pill. Can I still say its not medicine to the clinically depressed? I guess everyone has a right to an opinion, but when you have no medical expertise on the subject, or there is nothing out there to back up what you have to say, your opinion is well.....totally legit? lol...

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 04:29 AM
I am not saying ban weed I am just saying I take issue with the way it's sold and marketed. If you want light it up go for it. I just don't think pot is medicine.

I'd hardly call an ad in LA weekly "marketing". Basically coops are allowed to announce their existence, say the have product and most offer a first time patient discount.

It's not like they're buying commercial time during the Superbowl.

Ima add California Pot Industry to the (apparently large) list of things about which you know precious little.

scroller
12-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Once again, we must end Prohibition.

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Its not subjective. There are 1000's of patients out there who can tell you this. For instance, Pot has been proven to raise appetite. Do you know what this means for people who are so sick that they can't bare to eat? All the sudden they want to eat again.

Here is the thing. By me supporting the local pot economy here in California, I am doing what you call pulling this country out of a sewer by contributing the money that I have earned on my job to our economy. Trying to limit people capitalizing on pot and all the paraphernalia that goes with that is not just hurting our economy, its anti-capitalist and unamerican.

The medicine angle can be said about things like morphine, which hosptials use btw as a last resort. If your talking about end of life care yes, by all means whatever helps the patient more comfortable in care is accpetable.

Well it is the moral right of the citizens California to enjoy weed than so be it. The morals of Ohio are not the morals of California, as such if it is legal than enjoy it. Support your local shops, but do so legally.

Merkurie
12-19-2011, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=BellaBellucci;1065448
And this is a board full of African-Americans from the east coast and hippies from the west. Erika's was a losing argument from jump. :lol:

~BB~[/QUOTE]

What is that supposed to mean?

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 05:00 AM
If your talking about end of life care yes, by all means whatever helps the patient more comfortable in care is accpetable..

Conservatives love the unborn, love Jeebus, and apparently can make concessions for the dying. Everyone else can suck it.

Personally, I think the living deserve the most compassion. Dying's the easy part and a fetus is NOT a person (those fucks took corporate personhood federal before even attempting it with the unborn- does that tell you anything about their priorities, Erika?)

Erika1487
12-19-2011, 05:07 AM
And I am guessing all your medical experience has lead you to this conclusion? Perhaps all the reports that says pot doesn't help? You know, I have never taken Prozac and have no experience with that drug. I don't know anything about it except that its a happy pill. Can I still say its not medicine to the clinically depressed? I guess everyone has a right to an opinion, but when you have no medical expertise on the subject, or there is nothing out there to back up what you have to say, your opinion is well.....totally legit? lol...

Amy I live in the single largest exporting pot county in Ohio. I grew up watching my friends smoke weed, almost daily. Most of them have moved on to harder drugs and jail, beacuse they did not get away from the drug cluture.
A few miles from me a local man was busted with 875 plants that where at least 6-8ft tall. The fact is my county is losing a war on drugs and drug dealers, because there are so few law enforcement. My county is rual and poor an easy target for dealers and it makes my sick to my stomach to see my little home town torn aprt over bullshit drugs.
Yes I get angry of this seemingless trival issue, but I take it serious.
Like I said in the previous post, if it's legal where you're at enjoy it., just don't abuse it.

Ineeda SM
12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
The medicine angle can be said about things like morphine, which hosptials use btw as a last resort. If your talking about end of life care yes, by all means whatever helps the patient more comfortable in care is accpetable.

Well it is the moral right of the citizens California to enjoy weed than so be it. The morals of Ohio are not the morals of California, as such if it is legal than enjoy it. Support your local shops, but do so legally.

WTF is it with you right wingnuts? Why can't you live your version of morals the way you want, and let everyone else do the same. Does it always have to be YOUR WAY or it is bad?

You are correct James. Ohio morals are not the same as Cali morals. Ohio morals are dictated by your racist GLBT haters in charge.

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Amy I live in the single largest exporting pot county in Ohio. I grew up watching my friends smoke weed, almost daily. Most of them have moved on to harder drugs and jail, beacuse they did not get away from the drug cluture.
A few miles from me a local man was busted with 875 plants that where at least 6-8ft tall. The fact is my county is losing a war on drugs and drug dealers, because there are so few law enforcement. My county is rual and poor an easy target for dealers and it makes my sick to my stomach to see my little home town torn aprt over bullshit drugs.
Yes I get angry of this seemingless trival issue, but I take it serious.
Like I said in the previous post, if it's legal where you're at enjoy it., just don't abuse it.

Wow. At least 6-8 feet tall? Damn! LOL! The best stuff (in terms of quality and efficiency) comes from clones that are a quarter that height- one huge, dense cluster of bud, not a gangly, stringy mess like that. Typical sensationalistic scare tactic. "the dope was VERY TALL!" LMAO!

Really- the best thing (regardless your view) is to deal with actual, meaningful facts, and let the people decide.

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 05:41 AM
What is that supposed to mean?

It means most everyone here is liberal on social issues. I thought the implication was pretty clear, actually. :lol:

~BB~

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 06:24 AM

We have no choice but to call it medicine. I'd call it a grilled cheese sandwich if I had to. I say tax/regulate it like liquor with the same hoops to jump through and same zoning restrictions for weed stores. Over 21 like alcohol too.

I still say I might rather give my money to The Russians. I'll continue making friends with them and filling their pockets full of cash and have no problem with it. Sergei and Anatoli are just small business owners trying to get by pursuing The American Dream like anyone else. The State Gov't would just waste the money and lie about it.

Yeah
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
People can get high if they want to, but as long as they don't get stoned on their lunch break, and then drive a school bus or something where others could be hurt.

rydermorrison
12-19-2011, 08:33 AM

cosign :)

russtafa
12-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I hate drugs but if people want to use them so be it but no free medical service for them .The same as booze it's all self inflicted

Dino Velvet
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Drugs help with pain whether booze, pills, or weed. Weed is probably the least harmful of the 3. I can't spell for shit after a Fifth of Jack.

Silcc69
12-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I think where Erika is trying to go at she has seen to many people fuck up their lives because of weed. Whereas that may not be the case with where you are at Amy. Some people can smoke weed and still function in society and some simply can't. I think it should be legal though as it is a natural plant. It doesn't make any sense for these holier than though politicians ban something that THEIR GOD created in the first place.

MdR Dave
12-19-2011, 09:30 AM
. It doesn't make any sense for these holier than though politicians ban something that THEIR GOD created in the first place.
Oooh, Biblical Smackdown! Good argument, Silcc. I can show you a passage in the Old Testament where man is given dominion over the plants and animals- that shit is OURS! Not a single verse where some tight-assed conservatives are given dominion over the rest of us anywhere, in any religious text.

Unless folks in southeastern Ohio leave (or have some family money- and it doesn't take much there) they never get anywhere- the place is a hole. Drugs aren't the problem.

BellaBellucci
12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
It doesn't make any sense for these holier than though politicians ban something that THEIR GOD created in the first place.

It makes plenty of sense... once you realize that all politicians, particularly self-identified 'conservatives,' are hypocrites. Then it all comes together.

http://www.badmouth.net/top-five-republican-gay-sex-scandals/

~BB~