PDA

View Full Version : Me singing

EvonRose
12-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Deleted, just realized my real name showed on the account... if anyone knows how to upload a video from mac to a file tell me so i can post again... thanks

onmyknees
12-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Sorry Evon....I had to flag that as inappropriate .........LOL. You sure are easy on the eyes, but not sure about the other talents!! Just kiddin baby. Anybody that puts their shit out there gets :Bowdown::Bowdown: from me. Good luck with all that.

runningdownthatdream
12-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Movieon12-14-11at525PM.mp4 video by nicolet_album - Photobucket (http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/nicolet_album/?action=view&current=Movieon12-14-11at525PM.mp4)

You have nice timbre! Need to better control your notes though......with practice I think you could be very good.

omack
12-15-2011, 06:39 AM
I'd still hit it. ;)

NatashaLover
12-15-2011, 07:54 AM
nice video clip, I think I know a way. will send you a message.

fred41
12-16-2011, 03:34 AM
No no no no no no no no no! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8)

Prospero
12-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Damn - missed it. Evon maybe you could turn it into an audio file only or load it to You Tube and then post it here?

EvonRose
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Damn - missed it. Evon maybe you could turn it into an audio file only or load it to You Tube and then post it here?

Here, might as well create a youtube channel anyways....

http://www.youtube.com/user/IddiNiks/videos

Oh and guys thanks for the support, but in reality the negative comments are a reality of any business and people have the right to their opinions, it does not affect me and any musician here knows not everyone is going to like your music.... thanks for looking out guys...

irvin66
12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Wow, you are very beautiful girl! This is not my kind of music, but you have nice voice too! :Bowdown:

ARMANIXXX
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm a musician, So I'm pretty critical on music and whatnot.

So I'm hesitant to listen, because if it sucks, I'll have to tell you. lol

rickie2929
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
sorry its a no from me

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Great song. I actually just posted it on my Facebook two days ago. LOVE Chaka! :)

~BB~

omni69
12-16-2011, 07:53 PM
HI Evon
I will give u constructive criticism that will help you improve your vocals. First think first. Slow down, you were rushing a bit throughout the song.. Relax a little more and breathe
The pitch of the song “ Aint Nobody” was too high for you. That is - you sang it under the pitch of the song most of the time.. However to your credit u did hit some of the Hook /Chorus at the right pitch. With some coaching and work, you can sing better, you certainly have the look and presence of an artist / performer…
I was a long time engineer / dance remixer and djay in the past so I had worked with many artist and record many sessions. And therefore have a good ear for good vocals

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 08:02 PM
The pitch of the song “ Aint Nobody” was too high for you. That is - you sang it under the pitch of the song most of the time..

I find that raising the key of the musical accompaniment of a song forces one out of that habit, particularly transwomen because of the fact that its harder to get clear higher tones from the diaphragm through a 'male' larynx without a lot of modification in the way the voice is used, particularly as it pertains to breathing and the use of nasal methods, which, normally, is verboten.

When I made my 'Tide is High' video, I realized that parts of it were coming out flat. The next week I tried it again and went higher instead of lower with the key, and viola!

~BB~

SpoogeMonkey
12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
it was better watching you with the sound down.

your voice didnt seem too bad, but voice + song + bontempi organ music = mess

making loud noises at the end and shrieking doesnt do you any favours.

make more videos though, preferably showing chest and wiggling, you are lovely.

rasta
12-16-2011, 08:14 PM
you are a very lovely girl.

loveboof
12-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Even though there were tuning issues, you could probably have some success on a show like American Idol or X Factor. You'd have to ruthlessly play the T card and make a 'scandal' out of it - but I bet there's a fair bit of money to be made down that route...

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Even though there were tuning issues, you could probably have some success on a show like American Idol or X Factor. You'd have to ruthlessly play the T card and make a 'scandal' out of it - but I bet there's a fair bit of money to be made down that route...

One of the best singers I know is a transwoman. She has a hard time booking local gigs and has attempted to get onto AI and XF, but wasn't accepted. Now keep in mind that I've been singing since I was 4, I was professional quality (before transition of course), and I can honestly say that she's better than I am now.

So why wasn't she chosen? I don't think those shows want scandal. They're supposed to be family oriented, and let's face it, Chaz Bono on DWTS is a lot less threatening to middle American than a passable, beautiful, talented female singer who used to be a man. In fact, I'm sure they'd find the latter rather intimidating. :geek:

~BB~

loveboof
12-16-2011, 08:47 PM
One of the best singers I know is a transwoman. She has a hard time booking local gigs and has attempted to get onto AI and XF, but wasn't accepted. Now keep in mind that I've been singing since I was 4, I was professional quality (before transition of course), and I can honestly say that she's better than I am now.

So why wasn't she chosen? I don't think those shows want scandal. They're supposed to be family oriented, and let's face it, Chaz Bono on DWTS is a lot less threatening to middle American than a passable, beautiful, talented female singer who used to be a man. In fact, I'm sure they'd find the latter rather intimidating. :geek:

~BB~
Yeah, you're probably right.

There's a better chance in Britain though - Something About Miriam was popular over here, and a few years ago the public voted a transsexual woman to win Big Brother (reality tv show where 'normal' people live in a house for months and are filmed 24/7).

And we definitely need scandal and sob stories in our middle England trash tv lol...

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, you're probably right.

There's a better chance in Britain though - Something About Miriam was popular over here, and a few years ago the public voted a transsexual woman to win Big Brother (reality tv show where 'normal' people live in a house for months and are filmed 24/7).

And we definitely need scandal and sob stories in our middle England trash tv lol...

Yeah, but those shows were focused on the trans angle. AI and XF focus on the music (and of course marketability).

~BB~

loveboof
12-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but those shows were focused on the trans angle. AI and XF focus on the music (and of course marketability).

~BB~

Big Brother was definitely not focused on 'the trans angle'. The contestants did get increasingly freaky as the years went by, but that is not what it is about. And at it's height BB caught millions upon millions of viewers - and they legitimately voted the trans woman to win...

Although the Miriam show was all about her being ts, people still enjoyed watching it.

Also very recently there was that documentary about transsexuals - I think Britain is ready for a hot young tgirl to become famous... (hopefully for a legitimate talent - not for just being 'weird')

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Big Brother was definitely not focused on 'the trans angle'.

OK, maybe that one wasn't focused on the trans angle, but it obviously didn't shy away from it either. I stand by the principle.

~BB~

loveboof
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
OK, maybe that one wasn't focused on the trans angle, but it obviously didn't shy away from it either. I stand by the principle.

Well the focus of BB was meant to be the characters who enter the house. And my point was that a huge proportion of the British public genuinely liked the transwoman, so they voted for her to win.

That says something about a wider general acceptance doesn't it?

And I have no doubt that the vaguley 'scandalous' notion of an attractive singer being transsexual would get plenty of air time on the British X Factor! Especially in the audition stages... they would lap it up!

Therefore I stand by my principle too! (so there ...lol) :whistle:

BellaBellucci
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Well the focus of BB was meant to be the characters who enter the house. And my point was that a huge proportion of the British public genuinely liked the transwoman, so they voted for her to win.

That says something about a wider general acceptance doesn't it?

And I have no doubt that the vaguley 'scandalous' notion of an attractive singer being transsexual would get plenty of air time on the British X Factor! Especially in the audition stages... they would lap it up!

Therefore I stand by my principle too! (so there ...lol) :whistle:

It sounds like a cultural difference. Here in America, network execs seem too concerned about how shows will be perceived in Memphis, TN. :lol:

~BB~

fred41
12-17-2011, 09:02 AM

~BB~

..or..she just wasn't good enough.

MyersJ85
12-17-2011, 09:11 AM
It's decent you gotta aight voice.. Your pretty hot to.. Got that whole Angelina Jolie thing goin on a little bit.. Kinda makes me wanna Raid your Tomb.. ;)

And by "Raid your Tomb", I mean have person to person intercourse with you..

Prospero
12-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks Evon. Wonderful.

BellaBellucci
12-17-2011, 10:46 AM
..or..she just wasn't good enough.

I'm pretty well known for being a tough critic and I can honestly say she's quality, although it's possible that she choked under pressure. I don't know; I wasn't there. I'm just saying that in my educated opinion, her voice is star quality. :geek:

~BB~

robertlouis
12-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Muso to muso, you sing very well Evon. And anyone who sings for a living knows that there's a world of difference between singing in an empty room to a tinny backing track and being up on stage in front of a live audience. Your voice is as sweet as the rest of you.

EvonRose
12-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! but i will re upload because i just listened the music in my mac was lowered and I actually up the beat but for some reason the pitch is higher and slower on the actual recording, so I'm gonna have to record it again to he original music structure because i cannot lower the actual pitch in my laptop... Ill record later today.

NatashaLover
12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! but i will re upload because i just listened the music in my mac was lowered and I actually up the beat but for some reason the pitch is higher and slower on the actual recording, so I'm gonna have to record it again to he original music structure because i cannot lower the actual pitch in my laptop... Ill record later today.

Can't wait to hear it! Maybe one of these days you can sing for us again at least on chat. hugs!

Richctdude
12-17-2011, 04:26 PM
wow amazing you should post more

fred41
12-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty well known for being a tough critic and I can honestly say she's quality, although it's possible that she choked under pressure. I don't know; I wasn't there. I'm just saying that in my educated opinion, her voice is star quality. :geek:

~BB~

That could be true... being able to execute any type of performance in front of an audience (especially one containing professional critics) must be extremely difficult...so many things to try to put out of your mind.