PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Meloni Leaves Law & Order SVU

Dino Velvet
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
He must have hated the last few seasons working there. What a load of NBC PC crap that show turned into. Dick Wolf can suck a wolf's dick. Maybe Oprah picks the bones of what's left on the show and reboots this turd on The Big O.

BellaBellucci
12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Umm, didn't this happen last season?

And yeah, I wouldn't want to play Eliot (Un)Stabler for that long, either. :lol:

~BB~

Dino Velvet
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Umm, didn't this happen last season?

And yeah, I wouldn't want to play Eliot (Un)Stabler for that long, either. :lol:

~BB~

I finally had to stop watching. I am very loyal to TV Shows and watch most of them no matter how bad they become just to see how things end. This show is the exception. Law & Order SVU turned into the Blackeyed Peas of Cop Shows. No thanks. I'll watch Criminal Minds instead.

http://blog.rooftopcomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nbc_sucks1.jpg

AmyDaly
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I still like the show. I've been watching it for years. Not the same with out him though.

Dino Velvet
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I still like the show. I've been watching it for years. Not the same with out him though.

Amy, please bump this thread after the Series Finale and tell us what happened. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

AmyDaly
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Series Finale? Is this the last season?

Dino Velvet
12-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Series Finale? Is this the last season?

Pitch me on having another season. I think this might be it. NBC should scrap anything L&O related because they not only jumped the shark but jumped over Fonzie jumping over the shark many seasons ago. There is no reason to continue.

I don't get upset at much but I hate bad television.

AmyDaly
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
they don't have a series finale scheduled. I would imagine at least one more season to end the show properly. Its been on too long and been a favorite to a lot of people to just end it with no series finale.

Dino Velvet
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
they don't have a series finale scheduled. I would imagine at least one more season to end the show properly. Its been on too long and been a favorite to a lot of people to just end it with no series finale.

Remember how clumsily NBC handled the original? SVU might disappear like it drifted into The Bermuda Triangle. I agree that the show deserves a proper burial and not thrown into a Television Mass Grave next to The Magic Hour.

The Magic Hour Intro - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtmgxwBUQg)

Mad TV - Magic Johnson Kwanza Special - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtRdz9vcn0&feature=related)

audiojones
12-09-2011, 03:39 AM
sucks he's gone but the show is still good!

jerseyboy72
12-09-2011, 06:22 AM
All these shows suck now. Tv is horrible too watch. http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh0oSrjLlwY&list=LLfJIU5_uP8cnl1Ytpw9bFew&index=8&feature=plpp_video

kaiser1one
12-09-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm not digging the new detectives. They've got nothing interesting on them. It's been 10 episodes and all I've seen interesting so far is David Pino's character having an anger moment. But that immediately made me think of Stabler.

I hope they improve in the next 8 or so episodes before the season finale.

Devon
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I definitely miss Stabler...Dont like the new detectives at all!!!!!!

italianamerican25
12-09-2011, 03:09 PM
This week's show was actually good I thought. About the ex football player running into problems cause of head injuries he suffer while playing..... it got him in trouble seeing a hooker. He couldn't remember anything he did... even if it was wrong or not.

alpha2117
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
SVU is still a decent show.

as for Jerseyboy saying TV is terrible ... what world is he living in. This is a golden age for TV in terms of quality. The Cable channels have brought out really good niche programming like Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Dexter etc. The Networks are willing to greenlight shows that aren't just about doctors, lawyers or cops. There really is programming for everyone. ,

Look back to pre Fox TV and well thats horrific. Every sitcom had to have a moral ending (look at Cosby, Family Ties etc) but The Simpsons and Married with Children brought back shows that tried to just be funny for the sake of funny. Dramas have more varied premises and overall if you cant find something you like you're not looking very hard.

Even things like the Kardashian shows have their place - I hate them but as long as it's not mandatory to watch them I think it's a good thing that people who like that sort of rubbish are catered for nowadays.

jerseyboy72
12-10-2011, 12:57 AM
SVU is still a decent show.

as for Jerseyboy saying TV is terrible ... what world is he living in. This is a golden age for TV in terms of quality. The Cable channels have brought out really good niche programming like Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Dexter etc. The Networks are willing to greenlight shows that aren't just about doctors, lawyers or cops. There really is programming for everyone. ,

Look back to pre Fox TV and well thats horrific. Every sitcom had to have a moral ending (look at Cosby, Family Ties etc) but The Simpsons and Married with Children brought back shows that tried to just be funny for the sake of funny. Dramas have more varied premises and overall if you cant find something you like you're not looking very hard.

Even things like the Kardashian shows have their place - I hate them but as long as it's not mandatory to watch them I think it's a good thing that people who like that sort of rubbish are catered for nowadays.
Sons of Anarchy is a really good show. The Shield was a great cop show.