PDA

View Full Version : Explain GG Allin To Me

Dino Velvet
11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
You'd think I'd like a guy who uses shit in his act but I don't. He's more boring than shocking to me. "Hated" was a scat-laced snoozefest. The part in the street after the show took forever.

http://platform.u4prez.com/image///folder,UPC_43/src,022099124351.jpg

Ineeda SM
11-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Damn Dino. Somebody sprinkle a little dust in your weed?

Steve-Oh
11-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Starved for attention.
He was doomed from the start.
I was a big Iggy & the Stooges (Metallic KO) fan but this schmuck's act was all about trying too hard to be rude.

Died June 28, 1993 of an accidental heroin overdose - Gee, never saw that one coming.

Dino Velvet
11-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Damn Dino. Somebody sprinkle a little dust in your weed?

You holdin' PCP?

runningdownthatdream
11-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Seems like he tried to circumvent his mediocrity and boorishness by eating and throwing his shit. A pretentious twit with no obvious talent or artistic merits but clearly deeply damaged. His John Wayne Gacy fetish seems particularly delightful up to his attending clown school but failing to graduate.

Dirky
11-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I saw one of his shows back in the late 80's. At the time, I never heard of him. I had a couple of punker/hardcore buddies who heard rumors that GG and his band (I forget which one, they all sounded the same. I know it wasn't the Murder Junkies) had booked a show at a local punk/ dive bar hang-out that we frequented. They would wait until the last minute to book shows because of the negative publicity (not to mention all the arrest warrants on GG). So it was a hit and run type of affair. Anyway, they did indeed show up and played a set that lasted not longer than 20 minutes. No poop was flung or eaten, no one got peed on. GG did strip down to his briefs and pulled then down a couple of times and he also took a few half-hearted swings at the punters in front of the stage (always with a mic in hand so it sounded nastier than it really was). After it was all over my first impression was "is that it?". My second impression was that his act was basically staged. I don't doubt he was a fuck-up and a heavy druggie but he was also well aware that it was all show biz in the end. He wanted to stand apart from all the other hardcore bands that were around at the time so he made a conscious effort to be the punkiest punk of them all. In the end he succeeded in making a name for himself because here were are, nearly 20 years after his death, still talking about him. Left alone with just his music people would be asking "GG who?".

BRONXBODY
11-30-2011, 02:54 AM
"Bite it you scum" is a great song, but yeah this dude was a wacko. I don't care how much of a front someone tries to put on but crapping and smearing all over yourself on stage and throwing it around means you are insane..

Ineeda SM
11-30-2011, 04:27 AM
You holdin' PCP?

Shhhhhhhhhhh! Now everyone will want in.

P.S. Little Debbie says hi.