PDA

View Full Version : Which logo offends you the most?

Legend
02-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Support The troops Or 2245 Dead. How many more?

GroobySteven
02-02-2006, 03:41 AM
I don't find either offensive. They both make pertinent points and are both correct in my book, I don't find them conflicting.
seanchai

Quinn
02-02-2006, 03:45 AM
I don't find either offensive. They both make pertinent points and are both correct in my book, I don't find them conflicting.
seanchai

Well put. Definite cosign.

-Quinn

Vicki Richter
02-02-2006, 03:46 AM
I agree. Neither are offensive.

The real problem is now being there without a solid exit strategy. I don't think anyone argues that leaving now would destablize the region. What is somewhat sad is that I don't think most people want us there Repubs or Demos. Nobody wantes troops to die or to spend $100+B on this "war".

However, the real story is now that we are there, it would be a cluster to leave... Sadam has to be tried, found guilty and executed at the very least.

Legend
02-02-2006, 03:49 AM
seanchai

Thanks for the reply,I agree with you as well but for some reason the police did find them both offensive and throw out both cindy sheehan and other lady for wearing those logo's talk about taking away freedom of speech. Its funny they let a dog stay but not either lady.

Felicia Katt
02-02-2006, 04:49 AM
Neither logo offends me. Being ejected from one of the main citadels of our liberty based democracy for exercising one of the most fundamental of those liberties is whats offensive. There is a rule against disruptive demonstrations during the State of the Union. We can debate the merits of that rule and whether its more important than the First Amendment another time. But wearing a shirt with a logo is just not the kind of thing that law was supposed to proscribe. I'm sure there were people there with flags on their ties, red ribbon pins, crucifixes and doves and all manner of expressive acoutrements and they weren't restrained and and removed and arrested.

Bush and all really need to remember that they are supposed to follow the Constitution, and not Karl Roves script. Its the Senate, not some closed set where they are filming a political commercial.

FK

brickcitybrother
02-02-2006, 05:04 AM
Offensive? Neither. What I find offensive is the reaction of the Capitol Police (acting on command from the SS and the White House). What is even more offensive then arresting someone for wearing a T-shirt that has no pictures and only a political statement was that after the president's speech the congressman's wife was all of a sudden not "actually" arrested and Ms. Sheehan, though arrested was not "actually charged" with a crime.

Our government is simply out of control.

Ecstatic
02-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Neither. Banning Sheehan was offensive.

By the way, those aren't logos, they're slogans.