PDA

View Full Version : You Have A Machete In One Hand...

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 04:54 AM
... And on the floor you have the choice of a gun, a hockey mask, or a second machete. Which do you pick up?

MdR Dave
11-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Hockey mask- I think it's identified closely enough with homicidal maniacs to add some fear factor to the situation.

The gun's usefulness would be limited to the load it carried and a second machete would only get in the way.

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Yep. Point a gun and people don't think you'll use it because of the noise. I already have one machete. What's left is all the fun terrorizing and chasing then chopping when they stumble and fall. The death look will reveal everything. Also the underwear.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aB7fnM8p4iQ/Td0XTkPBXkI/AAAAAAAABJY/it5VBdqzNAE/s1600/friday_the_13th03.jpg

otherguy
11-17-2011, 05:27 AM
I already have one machete.

Totally. Guns, people carry two or three. Machetes? Every coco frio vendor has one. But a hockey mask, man you really stick out in the crowd.

MdR Dave
11-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Ontario Knife made great machetes for the military. About 15 or 20 years ago, though, they started using cheaper metal, and had to make the blade thicker for stability. They added a serrated edge to the top side of the blade, but they just don't sharpen as well. Also, they squared up the handle a little and made it a bit thicker and used cheaper plastic with a textured finish.

The older ones (thinner, smooth black handle, no serration) are still the best ones available, I believe. We have an inordinate number of them at the farm. I keep them stuck in a tall bucket of oily sand.

Ineeda SM
11-17-2011, 05:53 AM
I'd pick up the second machete. I already look intimidating enough to scare the shit out of anyone. But 2 machetes to cut off 2 heads are better than one.

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Ontario Knife made great machetes for the military. About 15 or 20 years ago, though, they started using cheaper metal, and had to make the blade thicker for stability. They added a serrated edge to the top side of the blade, but they just don't sharpen as well. Also, they squared up the handle a little and made it a bit thicker and used cheaper plastic with a textured finish.

The older ones (thinner, smooth black handle, no serration) are still the best ones available, I believe. We have an inordinate number of them at the farm. I keep them stuck in a tall bucket of oily sand.

Have one. Dull and black and hard to see at night. Tanto Knife also black.

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/ontario/images/on18.jpg

http://www.dermessershop.de/media/images/produkte/detailbilder/319518.jpg

I'd pick up the second machete. I already look intimidating enough to scare the shit out of anyone. But 2 machetes to cut off 2 heads are better than one.

Ineeda, I hope you don't use what I think you do for a sheath. Don't pull it out too rough.

russtafa
11-17-2011, 06:12 AM
i would murder junkies

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 06:27 AM
i would murder junkies

Careful. I have the habits of a lazy pothead but the eyes of a deranged junkie. Weed is that strong here. Keep checking my arm making sure a needle isn't hanging out of it. Want some?

russtafa
11-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I have had that many problems with needle heads

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 06:37 AM
I have had that many problems with needle heads

I'll make sure to wear short sleeves and show you in-between my toes. Here's the bong... :cheers:

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/SmokingPot.gif

Erika1487
11-17-2011, 06:52 AM
A Gun as long as it was My Smith & Wesson 629 44Mag loaded with Hornady300 Grain hollow points.......

Dino Velvet
11-17-2011, 07:06 AM
A Gun as long as it was My Smith & Wesson 629 44Mag loaded with Hornady300 Grain hollow points.......

Which one you hold with your weaker hand? I couldn't use either with my left.

Erika1487
11-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Which one you hold with your weaker hand? I couldn't use either with my left.

Gun is just a tool. My grandfather raided many villages loaded with guns with only a sword. He brought a few friends. Not sure if anyone had the time or courage to grab a gun. Outnumbered Outgunned Undefeated / The Insane over the Intellectual.

Tenderizing some Kim Chee.

http://www.canvasstorehouse.com/image/cossacks_terrorising_a_korean_village_russo-japanese_war_1904_1230102.jpg?pvw=1247&opt=55

I would carry the 44in my lwft the machete in my right. The question being if I could not carry a gun I woul carry a damn good double handed axe, that way when you hit'em you cleave the bastards in half:party:

Nivek
11-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Although my big dumb thumbs hit hockey mask, it's always about the 'chete, you always need a second 'chete.

Quiet Reflections
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Gun. With one machete you don't have to worry about them bitching about the noise because you already have something quiet. However when you come up against someone that may be able to disarm you of your machete the gun would be ideal to keep them at a safe distance. The gun would also scare witnesses more than the machete.

Blazr63
11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
After being armed with these weapons I'd pay a visit to my ex-boss bitch!!

needsum
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
tough call. Sure, Jason STILL scares the shit out of me to this day. But if some dork with a mask was walking around I think I'd laugh at him before running away. Nah, I'd take the gun, tuck it in the back of my pants, and hack away with the machette I already have. if my blood-spattered face isn't already scarey enough and I have a few tough guys to deal with, I'll pull the piece and split their skulls from a short distance, and then use the machette to show the rest of the turds why they shouldn't be the next tough guy.

hard4janira
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I pick up Nancy Pelosi with the other hand.

You can figure out the rest.

trish
11-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Given there's no immediate danger (which isn't mentioned in the stated scenario), I'd pick up the gun and go sell it. It's worth more than the machete.