PDA

View Full Version : Help me quit smoking! tips?

JonelleBrooksTS
11-10-2011, 04:55 PM
So this is my fourth attempt at quitting the nasty habit of smoking. I thought since I have to quit smoking before and after my breast augmentation, which is on DEC 6, I might as well try to stop for good....again! Does anyone have any tips, pointers, or even just words of encouragement? all are appreciated! :)

BraveHeartz
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Do not stop.

rasta
11-10-2011, 05:07 PM
get nicorette.. and realize that when you smoke it releases 3000 bad chemicals into your body... some of these chemicals are not even defined by science.. its a war against phillip morris.. dont destroy your body.. fight the power..

SebBM
11-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Cold Turkey. Only way it can be done.

FreddieGomez
11-10-2011, 05:35 PM
it gives u bad breath and yellows your teeth

loveboof
11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
read this book:

Amazon.com: Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness) (9780140244755): Allen Carr: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MN32HW3RL.@@AMEPARAM@@41MN32HW3RL (http://www.amazon.com/Smoking-Permanently-Penguin-Health-Fitness/dp/0140244751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320941044&sr=8-1)

MdR Dave
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
The nicotine is gone from your system within 48 hours. The craving stays for years. Be strong, its not easy. They say it's more addictive than heroin.

It's mostly mental. Focus on the other positive changes you are making in your life.

Faldur
11-10-2011, 06:35 PM
http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/10/duct-tape-mouth.jpg

TSLexiWade
11-10-2011, 06:37 PM
So this is my fourth attempt at quitting the nasty habit of smoking. I thought since I have to quit smoking before and after my breast augmentation, which is on DEC 6, I might as well try to stop for good....again! Does anyone have any tips, pointers, or even just words of encouragement? all are appreciated! :)

Congrats on the surgery, can't wait to see your new boobies!

Try mints, gum & cock.. Keep all those in your mouth & I'm pretty sure your cravings will change. ;)

SebBM
11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
read this book:

Amazon.com: Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness) (9780140244755): Allen Carr: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Smoking-Permanently-Penguin-Health-Fitness/dp/0140244751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320941044&sr=8-1)

:iagree:

This book will fuck your brain.

Gillian
11-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I stopped back in April this year. At least a 50/day habit and I just went cold turkey. However, the key is wanting to stop. Don't feel you have to because it's costing too much or is harming your health, both of which are of course true. The key is really wanting to stop and seeing stopping as a liberating experience and not the start of a lifetime sentence of cravings. I haven't craved a ciggy once since I stopped ... :)

That Allen Carr book is great for helping you overcome the fear of stopping.

BigDF
11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
So this is my fourth attempt at quitting the nasty habit of smoking. I thought since I have to quit smoking before and after my breast augmentation, which is on DEC 6, I might as well try to stop for good....again! Does anyone have any tips, pointers, or even just words of encouragement? all are appreciated! :)You have to really want to quit for yourself in order to accomplish this. I've had stage 4 lung cancer and because I don't want to quit I haven't even though I know it will eventually kill me. I've quit several times over the 45 years I've been smoking, but this addiction will stay with you for your lifetime and it only takes one or two for the addict to fall off the wagon. The only advice I can give is for you to give it your best shot and remember to allow yourself to be human if things don't work out. Good luck to you.:)

Jericho
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
They say it's more addictive than heroin.

To be honest, that is bollocks.

You can throw your smokes down the toilet.

But when it comes to the dragon, it'll crawl back out of the kharzi and bite you in the arse!

Good luck giving up, babes, forget pathces or any of that shit, go cold, if you can make it to three weeks, you've given up the habit!

Bobby Domino
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I agree with what Lexi said - put other things in your mouth:dancing: - seriously, it actually works!!!!

Try buying shitty tasting cigarettes. You'll smoke less and every time you think about it, you'll remember how bad they taste.

Forget about quitting for the time being, I'm sure the anxiety of surgery is weighing on you which is going to make you smoke. But after the surgery, you'll probably be in a better mental state to really think about quitting. The fact that you have to heal might give you the motivation to NOT pick up a cigarette. Your cravings won't be as strong anyway...

Good luck with the surgery!!!!
(anytime you'll be on cam4 before then?)

ILuvGurls
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
i will have been quit 10 years jan.31....i got the shots, at the time cost me i think $300.

CORVETTEDUDE
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Cold Turkey...is the only way to go! That being said...If you''re aren't ready to quit, you won't succeed, regardless the method you use.

Good Luck with it!!!:Bowdown:

witchyboi
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
The Allen Carr book is brilliant--he runs a chain of stop-smoking clinics all over Europe. I quit by accident the first time I read it.

Then a week later I had a few beers and...

SirCumsAlot
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
dip all your cigarettes in dog shit. If u still smoke them somethings wrong with ya

Bobby Domino
11-10-2011, 08:58 PM
dip all your cigarettes in dog shit. If u still smoke them somethings wrong with ya

LOL!!!!!! :hide-1::dead:

dakota87
11-10-2011, 11:12 PM
The nicotine gum helped me. It takes the edge off the craving lots.

needsum
11-10-2011, 11:28 PM
you need to put something else in your mouth besides the cancer sticks. Here, let me whip this out to help y ou overcome that bad habit........ lol ;) :jerkoff

kaientai
11-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Really wanting it seems to be the key.. The Allan car book for me did nothing..

onmyknees
11-11-2011, 12:37 AM

Baby....judging by some of the tongue and cheek comments, most of these folks don't understand the addictive hold nicotine has. It's more addictive than smack....I've had family members get straight while others took their last breath with an oxygen mask in one hand, and Marlborough in the other.

I've tried it all, but here's what works for me....

1. Nicorette gum...it serves 2 purposes. it gives you what you need in terms of Nicotine, so physically you're body's getting the drug...just in another form. ...and it keeps your sub conscience need to be doing something satisfied. It's literally an hour at a time, then day by day.

2. Additionally, while I'm chewing my Nicorette, I think of the Billy Joel Song...."Sweet Virginia cigarette brining in my hand, but they'll be hell to pay somewhere down the line. "

And never, ever take a drink while you're in quitting mode....I had to stop going to biker bars that allow smoking !!

Or I could tell you that you're a beautiful lady with great skin, but that won't be the case when you're 45 if you keep it up.

Good luck baby. I'll be your sponsor.

Odelay
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't often agree with OMK, but I do agree that the signal:noise ratio on useful comments in this thread is very low. For what it's worth, my old man started smoking 3 times in his life and quit 3 times (each time lasting for years). He was a cold turkey kind of guy but he said he always felt like the long trip that he took each time, helped. Got him out of his normal routine where he craved smoking. If you're traveling somewhere to get your new breasts, maybe that will help.

gilly1112
11-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Get the electronic cigarette things. They have them at 7-11. You get the same nicotine high and it's cheaper and not bad for you at all!

onmyknees
11-11-2011, 03:31 AM
I don't often agree with OMK, but I do agree that the signal:noise ratio on useful comments in this thread is very low. For what it's worth, my old man started smoking 3 times in his life and quit 3 times (each time lasting for years). He was a cold turkey kind of guy but he said he always felt like the long trip that he took each time, helped. Got him out of his normal routine where he craved smoking. If you're traveling somewhere to get your new breasts, maybe that will help.

You busted on me the other day for being a scold...oh the irony...so who the hell are you...? The guy who keeps the post tallies and separates what he deems worthy and not? That's a huge undertaking dude, but apparently you have sufficient time in your life to accomplish it. You have no problem bustin' on me, but you don't say shit about some of the blatant harassment of the gurls and the racially charged language. What you deem worthy or not, and how often you agree with me is of absolutely no consequence to me, so save it. They got a word for old pikers like you.....

You wanna give advice to the pretty lady on how to quit smoking......go for it, but until you grow some balls.....stick your opinion of me where the sun don't shine.:dancing:

magus13
11-11-2011, 03:45 AM
I smoked for 17 years and quit for 8 years. I set a stop date so I was mentally prepared. Got rid of all cigarettes. Used Nicorette gum. Drank 8-10 cups of water a day to help get nicotine out of my system. Had sucking candies, carrot sticks around at all times. Ran or worked our every day. Nicotine leaves the body in a week After that its all psychlogical.

MdR Dave
11-11-2011, 04:43 AM
To be honest, that is bollocks]!
Could be, I've definitely read it though (and not ont the web!)

Personally I've only snorted heroin, never shot up. Tried it a couple of times, didn't like it, never tried it again.

samspud
11-11-2011, 09:20 AM
try EFT or the SEDONA method, weird but works for most adictions

drongo
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Next time you buy a pack, go take a dump, dip all the butt ends into the crap. The next time you light up it will taste like shit...you'll soon give up.

Yeah
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
You need to compensate for the oral and finger fixations. The patch will only help with the nicotine.

JonelleBrooksTS
11-12-2011, 04:22 PM
WOW!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and suggestions. I have found that its more of an oral fixation (go figure) I have the electric cigarette and that seems to be working...Ill keep yall updated via my blog and youtube vlog :)

loveboof
11-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Lungs are overrated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoBGau9623I&feature=related

CORVETTEDUDE
11-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Best of Luck, Jonelle!!! Now, if you absolutely need to have something in your mouth on a regular basis......:dancing::dancing::dancing::whistle:

naughtyboy
11-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Contrats on trying it took me years. When I was finally ready I used the patch and stuck to the program. I wore it all day except for when I slept.

Ben
12-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Quitting isn’t easy, Here are 20 tips proven to help:

http://www.quitsmoking.com/content/20-quick-tips-to-help-you-quit-smoking

sz1122
12-03-2012, 01:48 AM
If you get a chance, take a look at any Bodies exihibit. The will have reall human lungs of people that smoke compared to lungs of a healthy non-smoker. Once you see what a smokers lung really looks like you will want to quit. Best of luck. Never give up

greyman
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
As well as all the strategies already mentioned, I had to change my social life in order to avoid those of my friends who smoked. I did tell them in advance and they were very supportive.
As for just how addictive cigarettes are, I once gave up for 15 years then one evening, I was offered one with a drink after a meal. I thought that just one would be OK. Big mistake!!!!

Yeah
12-04-2012, 04:14 AM
WOW!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and suggestions. I have found that its more of an oral fixation (go figure) I have the electric cigarette and that seems to be working...Ill keep yall updated via my blog and youtube vlog :)

Your welcome Jonelle.