PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3!

urBIGGESTfan
11-10-2011, 01:23 PM
this is a bit random for these forums but is anyone a fan?

LibertyHarkness
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
yeah i am on it on xbox360 still not sure of it ,, seems less personal than blackops and bit more clinical

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
not bought it yet but will get it on the PC when I get my new machine xx

dafame
11-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Can't understand why anyone plays this game when you can play basically the exact same game with any of the last 3 or 4 versions. It's the same "run & gun" bullshit with a few new guns and new maps (they haven't even upgraded the graphics engine in 4 version so it looks and sounds exactly the same).

If you wanna play a real modern combat FPS then you should play battlefield and leave MW to the 12 year olds. Battlefield3 is a better game than MW3 in every way imaginable (except for the campaign of course but no one has ever played Battlefield for the campaign).

Tyler___Durden
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh god yes love it (xbox360)
I loved Black Ops & MW1 &MW2
and I'm really enjoying the multiplayer on MW3.
I actually had Black Ops for nine months before doing the campaign.
The Multiplayer was that addictive.
I seem to be doing the same again, but a friend says the first section of the campaign is awesome.

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Can't understand why anyone plays this game when you can play basically the exact same game with any of the last 3 or 4 versions. It's the same "run & gun" bullshit with a few new guns and new maps (they haven't even upgraded the graphics engine in 4 version so it looks and sounds exactly the same).

If you wanna play a real modern combat FPS then you should play battlefield and leave MW to the 12 year olds. Battlefield3 is a better game than MW3 in every way imaginable.

its just a laugh. if you wanna get real some FPS come play some quakelive 1on1 or some q2dm1 1v1 :D

apaprently MW3 runs more like MW2 which felt "nicer to play" than blkops for sure. looking forward to running round on it anyways :D x

Anubis1779
11-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I have both MW3 and BF3, this isn't even a contest, MW3 is so much more enjoyable to play. BF3 is fun for a couple of hours then you realize just how crappy the gameplay is how much better everything is on MW3. I'm selling my BF3 because it just doesn't have good replay value, whereas MW3 you can play over and over. Plus the Survival mode is awesome!!!

Quiet Reflections
11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
MW3 is a great game. True it is similar to the previous games but thats what makes it good. Also Black Ops was made by a different company so of course it feels a bit different

dafame
11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I have both MW3 and BF3, this isn't even a contest, MW3 is so much more enjoyable to play. BF3 is fun for a couple of hours then you realize just how crappy the gameplay is how much better everything is on MW3. I'm selling my BF3 because it just doesn't have good replay value, whereas MW3 you can play over and over. Plus the Survival mode is awesome!!!

Yeah I agree with you about the Battlefield game play being crappy if what you're used to is a mechanic that rewards 12-15 year old because it's based on quick twitch "no scope" reflexes. Just a different type of game play where battlefield focus not as much on the speed of your reflexes but rather how well you can aim, and how well you can support your teammates.

The team thing is the real difference online. If you're a person who prefers team based games where you are dependent on other and they are dependent on you then you would probably prefer BF. If you prefer more single player games where you can lone wolf, or games where your actions have very little effect on the people around you then you, then MW is the game for you.

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
teamplay on publics is always lol anyway. ;-)

hwbs
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
I have the first 2 mw and skipped the rest ..they are fun but all the same...I'm waiting for skyrim to come out next week...

Norma
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Battlefield 3 is meant more for the PC version, If you're playing the xbox or ps3 version, yea, then I see why you think the play is crappy. The console versions are really watered down versions of the glorious PC version. Battlefield has always been a pc game that doesn't translate too well to consoles.

As far as Modern Warfare 3, Call of duty has been reskinning and recylcing it's game for 4 years now. Mw1 , reskinned into W@W, reskinned into Mw2, reskinned into Black Ops, Mw2 reskinned into Mw3. They just change/remove perks, reskin/replace guns, adjust/enhance killstreaks/ make some new maps and voila, a "new" game. and then they screw you with the DLC.

The Only Cod that mattered was the original, it's expansion pack United Offensive, and Cod 2 somewhat (I'm talking about the pc versions, first person shooters on console are not my thing at all)

Only games I vaguely look forward to now are Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Diablo 3. woohoo!

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 05:48 PM
TBH always found RTCW and ET better than even the original COD and CODII.

I only talk of PC versions btw :)

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I suppose know one can remeber 6v6 on Base or Village on RTCW or 6v6 Goldursh or Oasis or Ice even on ET? :Z That was the shit;-)

dafame
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Battlefield 3 is meant more for the PC version, If you're playing the xbox or ps3 version, yea, then I see why you think the play is crappy. The console versions are really watered down versions of the glorious PC version. Battlefield has always been a pc game that doesn't translate too well to consoles.

As far as Modern Warfare 3, Call of duty has been reskinning and recylcing it's game for 4 years now. Mw1 , reskinned into W@W, reskinned into Mw2, reskinned into Black Ops, Mw2 reskinned into Mw3. They just change/remove perks, reskin/replace guns, adjust/enhance killstreaks/ make some new maps and voila, a "new" game. and then they screw you with the DLC.

The Only Cod that mattered was the original, it's expansion pack United Offensive, and Cod 2 somewhat (I'm talking about the pc versions, first person shooters on console are not my thing at all)

Only games I vaguely look forward to now are Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Diablo 3. woohoo!

Gotta disagree with the part about "doesn't translate well to console". Being that I have both versions I can tell you that the difference is in scale.

Because the PC version has 64 players the maps are ENORMOUS and while they are still HUGE on console they have been scaled down to suite 24 players and Dice did a very nice job with this. So much so that although the battle doesn't seem quite as massive on console as it does on PC, I can say that it's close enough that I actually enjoy playing the console version more (this also has to do with the fact that I prefer the feel of a controller as apposed to a mouse).

Scaled down yes, but watered down? I don't see it.

Norma
11-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I suppose know one can remeber 6v6 on Base or Village on RTCW or 6v6 Goldursh or Oasis or Ice even on ET? :Z That was the shit;-)

Definitely remember those. Goldrush is a classic. Sammi, did you like ETQW?

I thought it was a good attempt, but only lasted a few months.

As far as first person shooters, I only do pc versions as well. Console is good for 3rd person, side scrollers and little kiddie games. lol

Games like Silent Hill , Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, definitely are good on console. And the call of duty, ET, battlefield are better on pc.

SammiValentine
11-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Definitely remember those. Goldrush is a classic. Sammi, did you like ETQW?

I thought it was a good attempt, but only lasted a few months.

As far as first person shooters, I only do pc versions as well. Console is good for 3rd person, side scrollers and little kiddie games. lol

Games like Silent Hill , Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, definitely are good on console. And the call of duty, ET, battlefield are better on pc.

yea am oldschool FPS... i briefly tried ET QW but that was during a period I didnt really play anything (transition,being a bit mental and stuff:)...a friend persuaded me to get steam and LFD2 got me back into playing a bit as gaming was big big thing for me for looong time when i was younger:D. Since then messed round on quakelive(reliving q3 lol), blackops and TF2 ;-))

i hated blackops but the silly TDM mode got so damn addictive -shooting people in the head!

Need a new PC before i can try MW3 or rage really though.. this ones fooked. x

Norma
11-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Gotta disagree with the part about "doesn't translate well to console". Being that I have both versions I can tell you that the difference is in scale.

Because the PC version has 64 players the maps are ENORMOUS and while they are still HUGE on console they have been scaled down to suite 24 players and Dice did a very nice job with this. So much so that although the battle doesn't seem quite as massive on console as it does on PC, I can say that it's close enough that I actually enjoy playing the console version more (this also has to do with the fact that I prefer the feel of a controller as apposed to a mouse).

Scaled down yes, but watered down? I don't see it.

You prefer console, I prefer pc version.

"Watered down" means/includes "Scaled down". The graphics are scaled down, the options are scaled down, the map size and player count is scaled down. PS3/xbox version is made for 4-5 year old hardware(i.e. console), while the PC version is made for top of the line pcs NOW.

Definitely watered (scaled) down, and dumbed down for console kiddies.

Merkurie
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
ArmA2 and Red Orchestra for the PC are my favorites.
I used to play BF2 Reality Mod for a long while too.

dafame
11-10-2011, 06:24 PM
You prefer console, I prefer pc version.

"Watered down" means/includes "Scaled down". The graphics are scaled down, the options are scaled down, the map size and player count is scaled down. PS3/xbox version is made for 4-5 year old hardware(i.e. console), while the PC version is made for top of the line pcs NOW.

Definitely watered (scaled) down, and dumbed down for console kiddies.

Again (in the words of a famous sexual harasser) "you're talking apples and oranges". The graphics not being as good on console goes without saying. But this applies to both MW3 and Battlefield3 so the statement would have made a little more sense if you had applied it to both but you didn't. That's gonna be the same for any game offered on both console and PC right?

If you wanna call it "watered down" as apposed to "scaled down" that's fine but again "apples and oranges". The comparison was between two different games not console vs. PC. If the goal was simply to state that you're a mature PC player..lol. I get it. But if you were comparing the two games it doesn't make sense because both of these games can be found on PC and console and Battlefield on console still have more player than MW3 on either console or PC so I really can't see your point.

Oh wait, it was that you're a "mature" PC player. Never mind.

Norma
11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Again (in the words of a famous sexual harasser) "you're talking apples and oranges". The graphics not being as good on console goes without saying. But this applies to both MW3 and Battlefield3 so the statement would have made a little more sense if you had applied it to both but you didn't. That's gonna be the same for any game offered on both console and PC right?

If you wanna call it "watered down" as apposed to "scaled down" that's fine but again "apples and oranges". The comparison was between two different games not console vs. PC. If the goal was simply to state that you're a mature PC player..lol. I get it. But if you were comparing the two games it doesn't make sense because both of these games can be found on PC and console and Battlefield on console still have more player than MW3 on either console or PC so I really can't see your point.

Oh wait, it was that you're a "mature" PC player. Never mind.

Again...

I separated the reason he (Anubis) might not like Battlefield 3 as being pc vs console experience issue. then I hit 'enter' to separate the comments.

Then I went on to state that since cod4 , the Call of Duty series has been basically the same game on every release, on console and PC. Not just my opinion, it's quite obvious this is the case. Console players AND PC players BOTH should feel slightly let down by the annual quota of reskinned/rehashed call of duty titles.

Later, you went on to state that you owned both versions, and I replied to that, and the 'watered down' vs 'scaled down' thing came up. I thought it was perfectly clear that i was talking about Battlefield 3 was I not? Never once mentioning Mw3 in the 'scaled down' reply.

I prefer first person shooters on PC, as i feel many concessions have been made to please an adolescent demographic (If you argue that it's not, then our discussion is over, I have no desire to go back and forth with someone that does not understand marketing and catering to a certain buyer group). Removal of features that WERE standard in pc exclusive first person shooters (before it became popular to release games on ALL/most platforms), to make it easier for a teen to play with his friends, and for his console to be able to handle, player counts, high resolution graphics.

You , as an Adult, might/might not, prefer consoles. Do I care? No.

I just thought Anubis might be missing out on the BF3 experience if He (not you) has ONLY played the console (watered/scaled down) version. It's his choice and he's welcome to it. But someone saying all 'dodge' cars suck, and never having tried a 'viper' is quite general and very quick to come to conclusion about something they don't know about.

Now...

so, what part of that did you not understand?

dafame
11-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Again...

I separated the reason he (Anubis) might not like Battlefield 3 as being pc vs console experience issue. then I hit 'enter' to separate the comments.

Then I went on to state that since cod4 , the Call of Duty series has been basically the same game on every release, on console and PC. Not just my opinion, it's quite obvious this is the case. Console players AND PC players BOTH should feel slightly let down by the annual quota of reskinned/rehashed call of duty titles.

Later, you went on to state that you owned both versions, and I replied to that, and the 'watered down' vs 'scaled down' thing came up. I thought it was perfectly clear that i was talking about Battlefield 3 was I not? Never once mentioning Mw3 in the 'scaled down' reply.

I prefer first person shooters on PC, as i feel many concessions have been made to please an adolescent demographic (If you argue that it's not, then our discussion is over, I have no desire to go back and forth with someone that does not understand marketing and catering to a certain buyer group). Removal of features that WERE standard in pc exclusive first person shooters (before it became popular to release games on ALL/most platforms), to make it easier for a teen to play with his friends, and for his console to be able to handle, player counts, high resolution graphics.

You , as an Adult, might/might not, prefer consoles. Do I care? No.

I just thought Anubis might be missing out on the BF3 experience if He (not you) has ONLY played the console (watered/scaled down) version. It's his choice and he's welcome to it. But someone saying all 'dodge' cars suck, and never having tried a 'viper' is quite general and very quick to come to conclusion about something they don't know about.

Now...

so, what part of that did you not understand?

Thank you for clarifying

SirCumsAlot
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
mw3 suck ass. Battlefield 3 shits on mw3

Dino Velvet
11-10-2011, 11:56 PM
mw3 suck ass. Battlefield 3 shits on mw3

Would it be good to get both? I have PS3.

BLKGSXR
11-11-2011, 12:30 AM
this is a bit random for these forums but is anyone a fan?
I bought it not liking the game playonline black ops was better imho. but imma give it some time toget used to it.

HbgDon
11-11-2011, 03:09 AM
I find it very frustrating. Hit detection sucks. It's taking way to much to bring someone down. The Sniper rifles are over powered for the game. The maps are nice sized, but way to cluttered and you get flanked way to easy because of all of the ways around the map. I think I have been shot from behind more in the three days I've played this game than all of the COD games combined. It needs some work.

BraveHeartz
11-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Too busy playing Skyrim to play soldiers. kthx.

SilentTide
11-11-2011, 04:33 AM
yeah i am on it on xbox360 still not sure of it ,, seems less personal than blackops and bit more clinical

Working on getting it at some point. From what I gather it feels like mw2 however the big draw is the Elite service.

RainMan
11-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I loved black ops, love battlefield 3 and the online is amazing but MW3 feels dissapointed it felt VERY short and the online feels like a step down from black ops and yeah i know their made by two diffrent teams, overal BF3s online blows both black ops and MW3s online out of the water nothing more fun than crashing a jet into a tank (in game of course) im waiting for assassins creed revelations

RainMan
11-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Would it be good to get both? I have PS3.

Mw3 a rent for campaign (cause the online doesn't feel as smooth or fun as black ops) and I know I'm not the only one who thought it was short
BF3 is a buy campaign is good somewhat short but online is good for days of fun tanks, jets helicopters, and the different modes. Bf3 is overall better than mw3 (and I'm a huge fan of the call of duty series) if you play the online in bf3 it will be hard at first but that's cause the kills are more realistic but you'll get used to it

southern81
11-11-2011, 05:21 AM
the new assassins-creed is going to be way better than MW3

RainMan
11-11-2011, 05:31 AM
the new assassins-creed is going to be way better than MW3

I REALLY hope so it's one of my favorite game series bringing up good questions about history makes you think, as much as I want to know the conclusion to the series I don't want it to end

SammiValentine
11-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Mw3 a rent for campaign (cause the online doesn't feel as smooth or fun as black ops) and I know I'm not the only one who thought it was short
BF3 is a buy campaign is good somewhat short but online is good for days of fun tanks, jets helicopters, and the different modes. Bf3 is overall better than mw3 (and I'm a huge fan of the call of duty series) if you play the online in bf3 it will be hard at first but that's cause the kills are more realistic but you'll get used to it

the vehicles and stuff is what put me off the original BF, never tried it properly yet... back in those days it seemed a bit bent..

but developers seem to have had this realism obsession for a good while now and stuck with it and well,..,. Ho hum some have been fun - just never gave bf a chance yet..

Duke Nukem Forever was a breath of fresh air even if it did kinda suck in general. lol

I miss silly weapons, power ups and silly physics:|

mOAN MOAN MOAAAAAAn xx

BraveHeartz
11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Sounds like you should play Bulletstorm, Sammi.

SammiValentine
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
i did!!!!!!! :D but no real multiplayer :(