PDA

View Full Version : This Herman Cain Deal Smell Of Racism?

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Look at the players. I've seen this one before.

Jewish Lawyer
White Blonde Client
Another Black Man Being Accused Of Not Keeping It In His Pants

It's 2011 people! Jesse and Al need to coordinate another shakedown. They won't for poor Herman. I really hope he didn't do it. Blame it on Gingrich. He's good for it. He's always got that cat who ate the canary's cunt smile on his face.

Silcc69
11-09-2011, 02:38 AM
I think he is pretty much done. Had they been black woman then he would've breezed by that, but since his primary voting base is southern white conservatives that don't believe interracial relationships they will sour off him. Then it will be between Romney and Perry.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 02:42 AM
I think he is pretty much done. Had they been black woman then he would've breezed by that, but since his primary voting base is southern white conservatives that don't believe interracial relationships they will sour off him. Then it will be between Romney and Perry.

My family from West Texas would fall for it. I think they'd vote for a Black Guy over a Mormon too. They have serious issues with Mormons "cuz they believe in Jesus diff'ernt".

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Holy Spumoni! Number 5 just got turned out and Alred has her on the corner flagging down cars already.

trish
11-09-2011, 05:35 AM
About ten years ago two independent women on two independent occasions surmised that Herman Cain would run for president and decided to accuse him of sexual misconduct. Because their accusations were entirely baseless Cain and the NRA decided to settle, paying them half a year’s salary each in exchange for agreements that they give up their first amendment right to speak freely about what happened. Surprisingly Cain didn’t go on right away to run for president. He became a motivational speaker. But now that he’s competing with fellow republicans to gain the GOP presidential nomination, the media and the Democratic party have conspired to send two women back in time to accuse him of sexual misconduct. The cycle continues until the loop can be broken.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 05:48 AM
I have no idea what happened but whenever Gloria Alred shows up something stinks. I live in the same town with that whore. If I have an ax to grind it's with her. Fucking Preying Mantis. The blonde chick looked less credible standing next to her. Alred is poison to me.

Stavros
11-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Flirting is an iimportant form of social behaviour that enables men and women working in the same space to establish the unwritten rule about what is and is not acceptable behaviour. Groping goes beyond flirting precisely because it involves touching the body, and the fact that it is rarely if ever done in front of other people indicates the degree of intent in the act -I don't know precisely what happened on four or five occasions, but tend to think that most women would not admit to have been groped and certainly not in front of a tv camera. Even if they do it for the money, there are reputation issues at stake for all involved, not least when the 'accuser' becomes the 'accused'. Approaching the case through the lawyer just because of his or her reputation -be it Gloria Allred, Johnny Cochrane or Perry Mason- suggests the lawyer is at fault, not good law whichever side of the pond one happens to be on. Cain is finished, it is as simple as that -he was never going to get the nomination anyway.

hippifried
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
It's all bias & bigotry in some form or another.

Dino hates Gloria because she's all red. What if she was "in excelcis Deo"?

Them - Gloria (Live) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_j7i_ZVfxw)

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM
It's all bias & bigotry in some form or another.

Dino hates Gloria because she's all red. What if she was "in excelcis Deo"?

Them - Gloria (Live) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_j7i_ZVfxw)

I don't like anyone who doesn't like me. Alred has serious issues with men and is always coming after us for something. She's done it for decades. I remember seeing her on Morton Downey Jr's old show. She probably still thinks the Duke Lacrosse guys are guilty.

Another confusing thing. I'm not even sure what sexual harassment is anymore. Seems like you get in less trouble telling a woman she's ugly instead of pretty. Most of us fellas are probably serial offenders not knowing we're doing anything wrong. Thank God I work for myself or I'd be broke.

Stavros
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm not even sure what sexual harassment is anymore.

Dino, it has certainly been fine tuned in recent years and probably now there is bias in favour of the complainant -there was a time when it was obvious, pinning up the waitress against the wall and demanding a kiss; rubbing your crotch all over a woman stuck to you in the metro/subway -and so on. Now I think words also matter, suggestions, even body language such as someone sitting too close or staring -but the subject, male or female must feel harassed by someone else's behaviour. Proof of intent however might be harder in some cases than others. I get the impression most cases of harassment are about incidents that happened between two people with no other witnesses.

To give an example, if I do some work in another office and ask one of the women there I have not met before if she is in a relationship (not seeing a ring on the finger), that could be considered a form of sexual harassment. The point would be, why am I asking her about her private life?

I once asked an Arab How is your wife? and then realised he was puzzled and a little insulted by the question -he was thinking to himself, why is this man thinking about my wife? So now I ask him, How is the family? A simple change but one that makes a lot of difference.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm not even sure what sexual harassment is anymore.

Dino, it has certainly been fine tuned in recent years and probably now there is bias in favour of the complainant -there was a time when it was obvious, pinning up the waitress against the wall and demanding a kiss; rubbing your crotch all over a woman stuck to you in the metro/subway -and so on. Now I think words also matter, suggestions, even body language such as someone sitting too close or staring -but the subject, male or female must feel harassed by someone else's behaviour. Proof of intent however might be harder in some cases than others. I get the impression most cases of harassment are about incidents that happened between two people with no other witnesses.

To give an example, if I do some work in another office and ask one of the women there I have not met before if she is in a relationship (not seeing a ring on the finger), that could be considered a form of sexual harassment. The point would be, why am I asking her about her private life?

I once asked an Arab How is your wife? and then realised he was puzzled and a little insulted by the question -he was thinking to himself, why is this man thinking about my wife? So now I ask him, How is the family? A simple change but one that makes a lot of difference.

The laws here seem to change every day. You might have to be live here to know how I feel. I shouldn't be robbed for something that a man did 2 generations ago. It's not clear at all. I disagree.

Stavros
11-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Its quite simple really, be it in an office or a bank, on the bus or in a club, people must treat other people with respect, which means restraining their use of language, not groping or 'playfully' putting an arm around someone, and so on. Whistling at women on the street is out, asking personal questions to people you don't know is out. You don't need a law for it anyway, its all about respect. What people did two generations ago is irrelevant to today.

Faldur
11-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Its quite simple really, be it in an office or a bank, on the bus or in a club, people must treat other people with respect, which means restraining their use of language, not groping or 'playfully' putting an arm around someone, and so on. Whistling at women on the street is out, asking personal questions to people you don't know is out. You don't need a law for it anyway, its all about respect. What people did two generations ago is irrelevant to today.

I'm sorry but I am not living in that world. I believe everyone deserves respect. But I do not think a flirtful comment or joke is out of line. For goodness sakes how do you meet someone your interested in? I have been in the construction industry for over 35 years and most of the women we whistle at turn and smile. And the ones that don't, screw em it was a compliment. You don't feel in-depth conversation with someone you don't know is out of line? Sorry I respect your opinion but maybe they better lock me up, cause I ain't living like a eunuch.

trish
11-10-2011, 02:44 AM
If you find yourself paying a woman to keep her mouth shut and not take you to court, then it was probably sexual harassment.

BluegrassCat
11-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Why is this a debate what constitutes sexual harassment? Does anyone here think that what Cain was accused of (groping and pushing her head down) is not sexual harassment?
Now whether he did it is something we don't know, so either you believe her or you think she's lying but the charge is definitely sexual harassment. It's not about whistling or a flirty comment.

Dino Velvet
11-10-2011, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry but I am not living in that world. I believe everyone deserves respect. But I do not think a flirtful comment or joke is out of line. For goodness sakes how do you meet someone your interested in? I have been in the construction industry for over 35 years and most of the women we whistle at turn and smile. And the ones that don't, screw em it was a compliment. You don't feel in-depth conversation with someone you don't know is out of line? Sorry I respect your opinion but maybe they better lock me up, cause I ain't living like a eunuch.

I worked in the gym and night club business. I hear 'ya. :cheers:

hippifried
11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Y'all keep tryin' to trivialize this by making it about sexual encounters, real or imagined. It;s not. This is an abuse of power. The story that's being told is this asshole being extremely rude, & making passive acceptance of the behavior a condition of employment. That's unacceptable anywhere in the civilized world, & places that aren't civilized. Now we can go back to the "he said - she said" aspect of all this bullshit (I don't really have an opinion on that), but I don't want to hear any more crap about not understanding the charges.

maxpower
11-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I have no idea what happened but whenever Gloria Alred shows up something stinks.

I agree. She's just about the biggest, self-serving, parasitic, opportunist media whore out there.

Stavros
11-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm sorry but I am not living in that world. I believe everyone deserves respect. But I do not think a flirtful comment or joke is out of line. For goodness sakes how do you meet someone your interested in?

Faldur, the issue is not about people who are trying to hook up with others or meet someone they are interested in -there are spaces in which this happen which have their own language and rules.

Its about people who think they have the right to impose their desire/lust on someone else with no thought of that person's reaction. In a work setting it becomes more than an embarrassment, it can become a threat to someone's career and force them to leave and look for another job, which these days is asking a lot. Harassment takes the consent out of relationships, be they relationships at work or even established, intimate ones. I have never whistled at a woman and consider it insulting and derogatory, and how do you know their smiles are not a form of self-defence rather than gratitude? It is this problem of assumptions that tends to cause confusion, a confusion that would not exist if people exercised self-control, and if people who assume they are irresistible did not thereby assume they can have what they want, when they want it.

BigDF
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
About ten years ago two independent women on two independent occasions surmised that Herman Cain would run for president and decided to accuse him of sexual misconduct. Because their accusations were entirely baseless Cain and the NRA decided to settle, paying them half a year’s salary each in exchange for agreements that they give up their first amendment right to speak freely about what happened. Surprisingly Cain didn’t go on right away to run for president. He became a motivational speaker. But now that he’s competing with fellow republicans to gain the GOP presidential nomination, the media and the Democratic party have conspired to send two women back in time to accuse him of sexual misconduct. The cycle continues until the loop can be broken.Well that pretty much wraps everything up in a nutshell, Trish, except that watching his live denial on television the other day, I was reminded of another memorable Republican "I am not a crook." Richard M. Niixon.:geek:

Faldur
11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
memorable Republican "I am not a crook." Richard M. Niixon.:geek:

It was a cool thing to do when this guy did it..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/10/article-0-0011BA9500000258-495_468x344.jpg

trish
11-10-2011, 06:40 PM
No, it wasn't a cool thing at all. But I suppose it's okay as long as it's a flat taxer doin' it.

Stavros
11-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I have three responses to this: Nixon said There will be no whitewash at the White House, Clinton said I did not have sex with that woman, and the third is....the third is...hmmm...White House...Sex....oops...!

muh_muh
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
from what i remember clinton had sex with her but didnt sexually harass her so while it wasnt cool what cain did is on a whole nother level

BigDF
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Well, it's not going to be an issue much longer, because Mr. Cain has lost the endorsement of the American Mustache Institute.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/herman-cain-loses-endorsement-american-mustache-institute-163342304.html

Dino Velvet
11-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, it's not going to be an issue much longer, because Mr. Cain has lost the endorsement of the American Mustache Institute.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/herman-cain-loses-endorsement-american-mustache-institute-163342304.html

More like the American Mustache Ride Institute.

Stavros
11-10-2011, 11:17 PM

Amazing! As they say, Only in America (although I believe there are mustache competitions in Pakistan...no, lets not go there....)

Dino Velvet
11-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Amazing! As they say, Only in America (although I believe there are mustache competitions in Pakistan...no, lets not go there....)

Don't they curse each other's mustache in the Middle East/Central Asia?

Stavros
11-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Indeed, senor, indeed:

CURSE BE UPON YOUR MUSTACHE, YOU TRAITOR - "DOHA, Qatar - An Iraqi leader unleashed a vitriolic attack on Kuwaiti delegates to an emergency meeting of Muslim nations yesterday.After denouncing Kuwait's Foreign Minister Sheik Sabah al-Ahmed al-Jabbar for allowing U.S. forces to mass in his country, Iraqi envoy Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri then hurled insults at Sabah's deputy who had stood up to defend his minister.'Shut up, you little man, you traitor, you monkey,' shouted Ibrahim. 'Don't you know you are talking to Iraq?.Ibrahim, vice chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council, followed up with a derogatory Arab epithet: 'Curse be upon your mustache, you traitor.'.With the verbal attack that Kuwait's minister of state for foreign affairs Sheikh Mohammed Sabah al-Salem al-Sabah wasn't man enough to deserve the moustache he wore, all hopes of presenting even the facade of solidarity on the Iraq crisis had disappeared..." From an online article, Islamic summit collapses into spat of name-calling, by Tyler Marshall, John Daniszewski And Mark Magnier., Los Angeles Times, posted March 6, 2003, Accessed March 6, 2003.

onmyknees
11-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Look at the players. I've seen this one before.

Jewish Lawyer
White Blonde Client
Another Black Man Being Accused Of Not Keeping It In His Pants

It's 2011 people! Jesse and Al need to coordinate another shakedown. They won't for poor Herman. I really hope he didn't do it. Blame it on Gingrich. He's good for it. He's always got that cat who ate the canary's cunt smile on his face.

We live in a racist land Dino....just ask any Jesse, Al, Janeane Garofalo, Keith Olbermann or any MSNBC anchor.....I suddenly see it their way now. Just another case of the white establishment tryin' hold a black man down............shameful :dancing:

trish
11-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Don't ask Jesse, ask these people

http://rollingout.com/news-politics/black-woman-beaten-with-hammer-dragged-behind-truck-in-texas-by-white-man/

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/06/05/Black-man-killed-dragged-behind-truck/UPI-32121275752824/

http://www.racematters.org/nytarchjb161.htm

Oh you can't. They're dead.

Dino Velvet
11-11-2011, 04:02 AM
We live in a racist land Dino....just ask any Jesse, Al, Janeane Garofalo, Keith Olbermann or any MSNBC anchor.....I suddenly see it their way now. Just another case of the white establishment tryin' hold a black man down............shameful :dancing:

You're like my Lenscrafters. You always find the Right prescription to restore my vision. Can't thank you enough, brother. Might need a designated driver 'round the holidays if you would be so kind. :cheers:

Ben
11-11-2011, 04:47 AM
If true, well, he's merely Bill Clinton. (Not a fan of ol' Slick Willy Clinton. Not a particular fan of any politician. Except I've a soft spot for both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.) A lot of men in positions of extreme power feel, well, entitled to everything.

Rush Limbaugh Happy Birthday Bill Clinton - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgVV3HJfIg)

Ben
11-11-2011, 11:53 PM
An addendum to my previous post [up above -- :)]:

People in positions of power (Cain was Chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza) come to believe in the justness and merit of their elevated status. And with that comes the belief that they're above the law. (Again, this is people in positions of power. Like politicians. Like high ranking corporate executives.)

Faldur
11-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Love this guys attitude, now if only he had a hand on each girls breast..

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/wn_dskPYLJ13wKxQrvEjqg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zMzg7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/herman-cain-greets-diners-during-20111110-091134-024.jpg

trish
11-12-2011, 01:36 AM
That's the trouble with tea-baggers, they think unwanted tea-bagging isn't sexual harassment. You don't settle out of court to the tune of $45,000.00 if you aren't a sleaze bag tea bagging sob. Shoving a woman's face into your crotch and saying, "You want a job don't you?" isn't flirtation.

Faldur
11-12-2011, 03:00 AM
That's the trouble with tea-baggers, they think unwanted tea-bagging isn't sexual harassment. You don't settle out of court to the tune of $45,000.00 if you aren't a sleaze bag tea bagging sob. Shoving a woman's face into your crotch and saying, "You want a job don't you?" isn't flirtation.

So conviction before proof or trial is now our countries way? You look at those accusers and who is standing at the microphone with them and tell me you don't laugh.

http://2.images.theweek.com/img/dir_0045/22916_article_main/gloria-allred.jpg

trish
11-12-2011, 03:10 AM
There's no trial here, idiot, and hence no conviction. But there are two settlements and he's as guilty as sin.

Faldur
11-12-2011, 03:39 AM
There's no trial here, idiot, and hence no conviction. But there are two settlements and he's as guilty as sin.

He must be if you say so..

hippifried
11-12-2011, 03:46 AM
He said she said...

If he didn't do it, all is right & everybody gets to bitch about media overreach.

If he did it, it ain't cute & there's no excuse.

trish
11-12-2011, 03:52 AM
He must be if you say so..I don't say so, the $45,000.00 settlement says so. You GOPers are such a sorry assed bunch these days. You can't even find one decent human being who isn't intellectually challenged or morally challenged or both to represent you.

Silcc69
11-12-2011, 03:59 AM

That would be an awesome line to use.

Ben
11-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Should this surprise us? He forgot morality and the rule of law. (But political and corporate institutions aren't concerned about morality. Well, corporations can't be concerned about morality. For good reason. They're concerned about internal corruption. But not morality. Again, they can't be. Because profits must trump everythin'.)
But we've been inculcated to think that politicians are above the law. Think: Richard Nixon's pardon. Think: Scooter Libby. And so it goes. Think: Democratic President Jimmy Carter giving Saddam Hussein the green light to invade Iran in 1980.

Cain 'Not Familiar' With Neoconservative Movement - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfa2gIqNeEI)

Dino Velvet
11-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Poor Herman Cain. If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

Cream Born Under A Bad Sign - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pzXJuvdAY)

“What that says is that people who get on the Cain Train, they don't get off.”
A selfish lover too only caring about his own wiener. Eat the pussy, Herman. It won't bite.

Ben
12-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I think he steps outta the GOP race on Monday.... I'm guessing the whole thing is a strain on his wife.

Women For Herman Cain: Herman Cain's Women - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-W2RDI0GA&feature=channel_video_title)

Ben
12-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Jon Huntsman Sinks to Herman Cain’s Level by Calling Allegations ‘Bimbo Eruptions’ (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/164361/jon-huntsman-sinks-to-herman-cains-level-by-calling-allegations-bimbo-eruptions/)

By Andrew Belonsky (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/author/andrew-belonsky/) Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jon Huntsman presents himself as a gentleman. After calling the Herman Cain harassment allegations “bimbo eruptions,” he looks more like a frat boy.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/huntsmanbimbo.jpg (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/164361/jon-huntsman-sinks-to-herman-cains-level-by-calling-allegations-bimbo-eruptions/huntsmanbimbo/)

Jon Huntsman stands apart from the other Republican presidential
candidates. He’s comparatively moderate on gay rights (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/107091/ahead-of-announcement-jon-huntsman-cruises-for-gay-vote/) (he supports civil unions), evolution (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/jon-huntsman-believes-in-evolution-and-global-warming-but-can-he-win-a-republican-primary/2011/08/18/gIQAIyuBOJ_blog.html) (he believes in it) and immigration (http://news.yahoo.com/jon-huntsmans-immigration-policies-softer-competitors-223600755.html) (a border fence would be an American “embarrassment.”)
And Huntsman, the former China ambassador and Utah governor, has the foreign policy and executive chops few of the other White House hopefuls possess. When standing on debate stages, the polished and handsome Huntsman comes off as a gentleman playing a frat boy’s game. But the typically genteel politico veered into the dark side while discussing the Herman Cain affair allegations.
“We’ve got real issues to talk about not the latest bimbo eruption,” Huntsman told the Boston Herald (http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/2011_1129huntsman_slams_latest_cain_bimbo_eruption ) editorial between New Hampshire campaign stops yesterday.
Buh? “Bimbo eruption?” That’s almost as misogynistic as Cain calling harassment accuser Sharon Bialek (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/158906/herman-cains-female-trouble/) “troubled” or self-proclaimed mistress Ginger White (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/164163/should-we-care-about-herman-cains-alleged-affair-with-ginger-white/) “desperate”
Casually labeling these and three other women “bimbos” perpetuates the idea that all women are over-sexed maniacs who either asked for it or deserved it. They become prowling minxes whose word can’t be trusted.
It’s disappointing to hear a candidate such as Huntsman — typically so respectful and respectable — drop down to the lowest common denominator on this one. And it’s surprising for a candidate whose three daughters (http://jezebel.com/5855336/we-nominate-jon-huntsmans-daughters-for-president) are his most recognizable surrogates to be so flippant. If one of his girls were sexually harassed, would Huntsman call her a “bimbo?”
While Huntsman has the right idea about the litany of Cain scandals — there are bigger problems in the world — his breezy disregard for White, Bialek and the three other women suggests he’s more of a frat boy than he lets on.

Ben
01-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Stephen Colbert and Herman Cain hold rally in South Carolina

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/e3/18/b0e6f9c94a438f23060b8ecdc855.jpeg Faux-TV news pundit Stephen Colbert models Herman Cain's trademark hat at a South Carolina rally he held with the former Republican Presidential candidate on Friday.
JASON REED/REUTERS
http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/98/3b/7b9769fa421ead070d35360c7d23.jpeg (http://www.thestar.com/unassigned/columnists/94534--potter-mitch) By Mitch Potter (http://www.thestar.com/unassigned/columnists/94534--potter-mitch) Washington Bureau

CHARLESTON, S.C.—You know it’s not your day when 3,000 people are standing in front of you laughing hysterically and you’re the only one who doesn’t get the joke.
Or you should know, at least.
But not Herman Cain, bless his breathtakingly unironic soul.
There was Cain on Friday, the former Republican front-runner who quit his bid for the presidency in December amid several too many allegations of sexual wrongdoing, not getting it to the very end.
Cain understood the blunt surface of it — he’s not running, but his name is still on the ballot for Saturday’s South Carolina primary. And TV comic Stephen Colbert wants to (tongue-in-cheek) “run,” but Colbert’s name is not on the ballot.
Therein lies the explanation for why Cain agreed to enter Colbert’s world as guest of honour at the “Rock You Like A Herman Cain” rally in Charleston. A bit of comic relief, a bit of TV face-time, show America you can “lighten up” and let the funnyman and his followers use your spot on the ballot.
So far, so good. Except nobody, apparently, sent Cain the satire memo informing him that Colbert is in the midst of what may well be the sharpest lampooning of the American political process this side of Mark Twain.
Colbert, a Charleston native, opened the outdoor rally with full gospel choir backing, belting out “This Little Light of Mine” followed by a close-harmony version of the “Star Spangled Banner.”
Then the faux-news pundit poured it on, taking the College of Charleston podium for an opening round of staccato one-liners for his adoring, college-age audience.
“Do you know that if you guess Ron Paul’s name, he has to teach you to spin hay into gold,” Colbert said. “The only difference between Mitt Romney and a statue of Mitt Romney is that the statue never changes position.”
The satire collapsed as Cain took the stage, launching into a by-rote rehash of his late-fall campaign stump speech. A nod to “We the people,” a shout-out to the Tea Party, a hat-tip to his 9-9-9 flat-tax agenda and suddenly this crowd was shifting restlessly.
The Colbert Nation, as fans are known, began to take the matter into their own hands, shouting out various suggestions as Cain flailed for a foothold. “Bring back Stephen Colbert,” one called out. “Occupy Herman Cain,” said another. “Pokémon!” shouted another still, in reference a minor sideshow from 2011, in which Cain mistakenly attributed his favourite inspirational quote to “a poet” instead of its actual source, the Pokémon movie.
Cain picked up on the last one, realizing this crowd wasn’t quite what he’d imagined, and tried to work with it — repeating the quote from the Pokémon anthem, “The Power of One.”
And then, perhaps exhausted of any other notion what to do next, Cain sang. Off-key and a cappella came a rendition of “Believe In Yourself” from The Wiz. This time it was the crowd’s turn not to get it.
Colbert mercifully returned, putting Cain out of his misery and ending with a flurry of jokes on the real target of his faux campaign: the limitless, undisclosed special-interest money that now drives U.S. election campaigns through so-called “super PACs,” or political action committees.
Colbert heaped fake praise on the U.S. Supreme Court for addressing the “tragic lack of influence by corporations” in its landmark 2010 Citizens United ruling, which paved the way for super PACs by deeming corporations to be people and therefore entitled to free speech in the form of unlimited political contributions.
“If corporations are people, then I’m a people person.” said Colbert. “I’m the Martin Luther King of corporate civil rights. I’m the Lockheed Martin Luther Burger King, you might say.”
And if corporations are truly people, said Colbert, then it follows that “government of those people, by those people and paid for by those people shall not perish from this Earth.”
Colbert’s crowd, who have long been in on the joke — having witnessed Colbert and his Comedy Central colleague Jon Stewart mock the process by creating their own campaign committees — left the rally laughing hard and shaking their heads at Cain’s utter lack of self-awareness.
“Colbert’s satire was spot-on. It was the perfect send-up of the mess our campaign system has become,” said Cookie Washington, a Charleston clothing designer.
“And it was just as amusing that Herman Cain didn’t get it at all. I just hope everyone else did,” Washington told the Star.
“It scares me to even say it, but sometimes we’re just a really stupid country. And it requires a certain level of awareness to understand just how funny — and how tragic — Colbert’s message really is.”

Stephen Colbert Speech @ "Rock me like a Herman Cain" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRec1C6poQ)

Dino Velvet
01-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Herman Cain should be General Manager of Smackdown. He's more like Teddy Long than Teddy Long.

Teddy Long makes the greatest decision of all time - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3MwbqFHL0)

Cain Sings! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZe75JSXhyU)

http://thefreemanflyer.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/herman-cain-in-cowboy-hat.jpg?w=307&h=409

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/532/872/DownloadedFile-1_display_image.jpg?1291062013

hippifried
01-21-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm so glad this is happening. Rick Perry left such a huge void in the comedy factor of this race.

Dino Velvet
01-21-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm so glad this is happening. Rick Perry left such a huge void in the comedy factor of this race.

C'mon Hippi, no Gingrich jokes? I'd think he'd be the easiest with all the philandering and religion swapping. He's fat as a house too. There's low hanging fruit if you need it.

hippifried
01-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey, I was all about bestowing the mantle of comedian in chief on Newt, but he can't even do that right. After a while, his bogus looks of indignance towards anyone who dares to ask him a question that he isn't prepared to answer just aren't funny anymore. I'd love to see Cain/Colbert win SC.