PDA

View Full Version : Brighton: TRANSGENDER EMPLOYEE SACKED

Hara_Juku Tgirl
01-27-2006, 07:43 AM
TRANSGENDER EMPLOYEE SACKED

GScene Magazine
February 2006 Issue

Michelle-Louise Lewis, a post-operative transsexual living in Hove alleges
discrimination after being dismissed from her position as a VDU operator with American Express, a position obtained through the Adecco Recruitment Agency.

She intends to take her grievances to an industrial tribunal. Allegations
include improper grievance processes being followed, being called “mate”, “sir” and “fucking tranny” by work colleagues. On reporting incidents to her line manager she was allegedly told not to “rock the boat” and she further alledges that she was threatened if she went to the press she would never work in Brighton again by an Adecco employee.

Green city councillor Simon Williams said: “I'm supporting Michelle-Louise in her employment case because I think that whatever the legal issues around her dismissal, her case raises many questions about how agencies and large corporate employers deal with transphobia and equalities in general. It's time to put their practices under the microscope. I'm especially concerned about the commitment of the employment agency industry to combating prejudice against their employees.”

A spokesperson for Adecco said: “Adecco has a robust policy of equal
opportunities and diversity and all associates are placed in assignments based on skills and ability alone. We work closely with American Express at all times to ensure that job roles are assessed based on a job related criteria. We cannot comment on any ongoing investigation relating to our employees. However, Adecco strongly denies the allegations made by Ms Lewis.”

A spokesperson for American Express said: “We cannot comment on an individual case however American Express operates a non discriminatory policy. All applicants are assessed objectively on job related criteria. If an applicant does not meet the criteria, they would be unsuccessful.”

Source: http://www.gscene.com/
__________________________________________________ ___________

~Kisses.

HTG

skyler
01-28-2006, 01:46 AM
man thats sad those ppl need a kick in the ass

Vicki Richter
01-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Well... A man cannot just put on a dress and a wig and expect to be treated like a woman. Yes the person was post-op, but clearly stood out in a negative way. I have seen so many of these TS who go straight for THE surgery without first paying attention to FFS, voice, or other important things. I mean you guys saw those pictures in the other thread of the hairy gorilla bodies with vaginas. That is the norm for transsexuals, not these shemales TS you see on web sites and movies. If someone can afford SRS, they can afford a little cranial plastic surgery first. They can afford a little laser or electro first.

If I decided to start saying I was a turtle, I put on a big green shell and walked around really slowly all the time, but I clearly looked like and talked like a human, people would be hard pressed to treat me as a turtle no matter how much I complained about it. Again, I know nothing about this girl, but there are a lot of TS women who blend in really well at the workplace and society.

I am going to invent a new catagory for acked out post-op TS who have never had any other surgery or had never done anything proactive but take hormones for a few years. With a few minor exceptions, they are making us all look insane.

I understand the need they feel... but for fucks sake consider quality of life! I think some of the very manly TS get more negative attention than someone would if they glued a shoe to the side of their head. Who would want to live like that just to say, "I'm a woman"? I realize girls do it I just don't understand it. Society will not accept that.

V

Hara_Juku Tgirl
01-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Well... A man cannot just put on a dress and a wig and expect to be treated like a woman. Yes the person was post-op, but clearly stood out in a negative way. I have seen so many of these TS who go straight for THE surgery without first paying attention to FFS, voice, or other important things. I mean you guys saw those pictures in the other thread of the hairy gorilla bodies with vaginas. That is the norm for transsexuals, not these shemales TS you see on web sites and movies. If someone can afford SRS, they can afford a little cranial plastic surgery first. They can afford a little laser or electro first.

V

I agree. Same goes to gay men who likes straight guys. Thinking they go get breast implants tomorrow will automatically make them a TS..NOT! Being a TS takes time. Hormone therapy a must. So doesnt mean one got tits automatically makes him/her a ts vs a ts whos done mones and have less or very little titties. Its all in the finer details like you said. FFS (If needed), laser treatments, voice etc. Like you VR, I have seen Trannies with big boobs (lacking hips and ass) and all with a face that is a whole different story. LOL.

~Kisses.

HTG