PDA

View Full Version : I Drink To Feel More Confident

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Some people don`t have enough confident in themself:(why they feel more security and more confidence when they drink?CAN be the cause that some of us or to shy or their personality is not so strong after few glasses their or tottaly confindet and secure in what they wants.do u know cases ?let`s hear ur opinion :)

jerseyboy72
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I dont drink.

Nivek
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
I drink Socially, I like a good buzz, that's about it, I don't find confidence or courage in the bottom of a glass. I can understand why some may. But I tend to do dumb things when I do drink, so I choose to keep it to a few drinks in unfamiliar social settings.

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I dont drink.

I hardly drink at all and subsist mostly on tea, how terribly British lol.

But I've never felt that drinking gives me confidence, even when I was younger. Let's face it, you lose control, become incoherent, throw up or become violent. It isn't pretty, and it's an illusion.

On the other hand, while I've never taken cocaine, I know people who do and they say it gives them confidence.

And I hope your question wasn't referring to yourself, Adriana. You're very pretty, mature and surely don't need alcohol to boost your self-esteem artificially.

Mind you, there are some very nice pubs around here. We need to meet in one.

Quiet Reflections
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
I drink but not for confidence. When I'm out with friends we just put down a few and have a few laughs.

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
I hardly drink at all and subsist mostly on tea, how terribly British lol.

But I've never felt that drinking gives me confidence, even when I was younger. Let's face it, you lose control, become incoherent, throw up or become violent. It isn't pretty, and it's an illusion.

On the other hand, while I've never taken cocaine, I know people who do and they say it gives them confidence.

And I hope your question wasn't referring to yourself, Adriana. You're very pretty, mature and surely don't need alcohol to boost your self-esteem artificially.

Mind you, there are some very nice pubs around here. We need to meet in one.
Im very confident this is a general disscusion dear Robert .:)

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Im very confident this is a general disscusion dear Robert .:)

OK, I'll have a cup of tea but I'll buy you a nice wine lol.

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
OK, I'll have a cup of tea but I'll buy you a nice wine lol.
I drink only on friday night called by me the girl night lol.:)

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I drink only on friday night called by me the girl night lol.:)

We've noticed that lol! :)

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 09:06 PM
We've noticed that lol! :)
Oh i know as ive seen my work next day and beleve me red is nothing with my red of my face:)

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh i know as ive seen my work next day and beleve me red is nothing with my red of my face:)

LOL. So how many pubs in Bedfordshire have you been banned from? :wiggle:

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
LOL. So how many pubs in Bedfordshire have you been banned from? :wiggle:
I don`t drink in the pubs and i never will.I drink home and when i feel dizzy go to bed but never in public.

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 09:27 PM
I don`t drink in the pubs and i never will.I drink home and when i feel dizzy go to bed but never in public.

Yes, going to bed :party: in public is never a good idea lol.

loveboof
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Anyone who's seen people crying into their drinks at a dive bar will know that booze doesn't always improve your confidence.

It often lowers inhibitions however, which is similar because a confident person will have less inhibitions anyway.

I have done cocaine Robert, and you certainly feel pretty brilliant lol. Too much of a confidence boost imo tho - you could do stuff you wouldn't normally do.

tsadriana
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
In public im always lady and classy and behave like one.

SirCumsAlot
10-30-2011, 09:51 PM
if I'm at a party filled with pple I dont know, I may drink too loosen myself up. I'm not a heavy drinker, and when I do drink, it's usually mix drinks. Beers not for me much

Dino Velvet
10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Anybody do PCP anymore? Some people believe they can fly on it. Now that's confidence.

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Anybody do PCP anymore? Some people believe they can fly on it. Now that's confidence.

This thread is made for Dino. Welcome, buddy. More please. :Bowdown:

Dino Velvet
10-30-2011, 10:10 PM
This thread is made for Dino. Welcome, buddy. More please. :Bowdown:

Not much to add these days. No more hard drugs even though I would drop acid again in a good situation. I stick with booze and weed now. I know I would love heroin if it wasn't so addicting so I stay far away.

jerseyboy72
10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
A new haircut makes you confident too.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

SirCumsAlot
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM

its hard to find in some areas

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Not much to add these days. No more hard drugs even though I would drop acid again in a good situation. I stick with booze and weed now. I know I would love heroin if it wasn't so addicting so I stay far away.

Just in case, I meant an injection (bad choice!) of your humour would lift the tone a little, Dino.

Schimmel
10-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Nothing wrong with a little cocaine every now n then. Had a buddy who was moving alot of crack few weeks ago, so smoked crack for first time. Kinda cool. Had beers to go with, naturally, but can't for life of me understand people who throw everything away for crack. I mean crack was a nice change, but it wasn't that great. I'm told this was very good crack.... Primo, if u would. And it was all free of course. I guess I'm a crackhead now. We were smoking crack in the house, drinking out back by the fire pit, getting served beverages and chicken by his wife, good times.

Dino Velvet
10-31-2011, 01:06 AM
For me one of the worst things about doing coke is seeing who you're sitting in a room with at 10AM the next morning realizing you're no better than them as all you can think about is the next line. I also get so horny I'd give Shelly Winters' corpse a steamy rimmer if somebody rolled her coffin in.

tsadriana
10-31-2011, 01:15 AM
For me one of the worst things about doing coke is seeing who you're sitting in a room with at 10AM the next morning realizing you're no better than them as all you can think about is the next line. I also get so horny I'd give Shelly Winters' corpse a steamy rimmer if somebody rolled her coffin in.
Dino ive read it all ur posts here and i know ur fantastic guy besides that u love weed and u love me.:):):):)

Kari
10-31-2011, 01:18 AM
* hic * :cheers:

Dino Velvet
10-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Dino ive read it all ur posts here and i know ur fantastic guy besides that u love weed and u love me.:):):):)

You're a doll. I would love to share my weed with you. My wiener too. :jerkoff

tsadriana
10-31-2011, 01:28 AM
You're a doll. I would love to share my weed with you. My wiener too. :jerkoff
Hmmmmmmm let`s keep that pleasure thing for ourself .:iagree:

Kari
10-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Hmmmmmmm let`s keep that pleasure thing for ourself .:iagree:

I'll drink to that ... http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/2.gif

tsadriana
10-31-2011, 01:52 AM
I'll drink to that ... http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/2.gif

hahahahahah :)

Schimmel
10-31-2011, 02:18 AM
For me one of the worst things about doing coke is seeing who you're sitting in a room with at 10AM the next morning realizing you're no better than them as all you can think about is the next line.
lmao yeah
That only happens after you start slipping though. I suppose it's midway through the downward spiral.

Bobby Domino
10-31-2011, 03:30 AM
I've shared my life with all the demons. Now I'm a lonely alcoholic :whistle:

Beer & liquor - great with friends, just no driving or target practice
Weed - great after a long day, goes well with a beer & a movie
Inhalants - make sure you are sitting down or wearing a helmet b/c you will hit your head!!!
Acid - just make sure you are in a positive surrounding
Mushrooms - best surrounding is nature
PCP - suspended animation
Ketamine - same effect as inhalant, just add dance music
Coke - keeps the party going, but can't get a hard-on to save a life
Crack - best with hookers & stop looking for the cops
Heroin/Opium - like being massaged by the largest warmest hands, just don't do it 3 days running; impossible to cum
Cigarettes - *puff puff* those things will kill you *exhales*

Confidence actually enhances each of the above.

Kari
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Beer & liquor - great with friends, just no driving or target practice
Weed - great after a long day, goes well with a beer & a movie
Inhalants - make sure you are sitting down or wearing a helmet b/c you will hit your head!!!
Acid - just make sure you are in a positive surrounding
Mushrooms - best surrounding is nature
PCP - suspended animation
Ketamine - same effect as inhalant, just add dance music
Coke - keeps the party going, but can't get a hard-on to save a life
Crack - best with hookers & stop looking for the cops
Heroin/Opium - like being massaged by the largest warmest hands, just don't do it 3 days running; impossible to cum
Cigarettes - *puff puff* those things will kill you *exhales*

Confidence actually enhances each of the above.
Feckin hell, i have led such a sheltered life thank fook....

The first yes, the rest you can keep...

laoda8
10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Well it makes sense chemically. Alcohol reduces inhibitions. It allows you to do things you would otherwise have reservations about. Unfortunately one of those reservations is drinking even more and doing something really crazy. I drink a bit to reduce barriers and drink more when I just want to pile on the buzz.

russtafa
10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
i used to drink a few cold ones after work now i drink to help kill the pain

dderek123
10-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Cold courage. It works for some. But for me it turns me into a bumbling moron that thinks everything is hilarious.

arnie666
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
I drink because it gives me an excuse to behave like an utter cunt. My ex spent months getting a slap from me, and because I did it when i was drunk she thought I wasn't really a bad person and believed my sob story about why i was drinking. When in reality seeing a crying sobbing woman lying on the floor after getting a belt from me because she mouthed off about me not letting her know where I was going for two days makes me hard. She left me multiple times, but always called me after a few days and came back. I think some woman like it deep down, and the drink was her like excuse she told herself for me smacking her about and even fucking one of her distant friends. Women need discipline see. And secretly most like it. A couple of bruises here and there,cements a relationship so she knows who the daddy is. The arse upper legs and tummy are the best places. The woosh of air from their mouth as your fist explodes into their abs is like nothing else.

Iam with someone now who probably won't take that kind of thing ,so Iam on my best behaviour. :dancing:.Plus she is far better looking than the last one, wouldn't want to spoil her looks. Iam just drinking socially ,few pints a week after work.

Willie Escalade
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Been completely sober for over fifteen years. And that New Years back in 1995 I let loose with drinking for the first - and ONLY time.

BigDF
10-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Been completely sober for over fifteen years. And that New Years back in 1995 I let loose with drinking for the first - and ONLY time.I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately I like to dance with the devil once in a great while. Generally though it's just one dance because I'm too scared about where he will take me if I indulge for more than one. Never messed with drugs much and not happy now having to take pills for various problems. I've seen too many friends go over the falls because of drugs.

Many interesting answers on here, though.:geek:

loveboof
10-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I drink because it gives me an excuse to behave like an utter cunt. My ex spent months getting a slap from me, and because I did it when i was drunk she thought I wasn't really a bad person and believed my sob story about why i was drinking. When in reality seeing a crying sobbing woman lying on the floor after getting a belt from me because she mouthed off about me not letting her know where I was going for two days makes me hard. She left me multiple times, but always called me after a few days and came back. I think some woman like it deep down, and the drink was her like excuse she told herself for me smacking her about and even fucking one of her distant friends. Women need discipline see. And secretly most like it. A couple of bruises here and there,cements a relationship so she knows who the daddy is. The arse upper legs and tummy are the best places. The woosh of air from their mouth as your fist explodes into their abs is like nothing else.

If this is true then you are a cunt. What goes around comes around - maybe you'll get hit by a bus one day and lose the use of your limbs... (I hope so)

Prospero
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

If this is true then you are a cunt. What goes around comes around - maybe you'll get hit by a bus one day and lose the use of your limbs... (I hope so)

I knew Arnie was an asshole but a wifebeater too. What a complete waste of space as a human he is.

Prospero
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Bobby Domino - I'm impressed.
You forgot to give us your thoughts on
speed
downers
miaow miaow
aspirins
poppers
ecstasy
strichnyne

giovanni_hotel
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Nothing wrong with a little cocaine every now n then. Had a buddy who was moving alot of crack few weeks ago, so smoked crack for first time. Kinda cool. Had beers to go with, naturally, but can't for life of me understand people who throw everything away for crack. I mean crack was a nice change, but it wasn't that great. I'm told this was very good crack.... Primo, if u would. And it was all free of course. I guess I'm a crackhead now. We were smoking crack in the house, drinking out back by the fire pit, getting served beverages and chicken by his wife, good times.

What yourself playa!!! Crack is such a short and intense high, and the fact that too many poor people who can't afford to do coke try crack and blow what little cash reserves they have it what turns someone into a 'crackhead'.

However I don't know too many folks who got strung out on crack who had a steady income, or that had a previous hard drug history before doing freebase.

Cocaine kills my erection so it's never a long term thing with me.
Good weed and the right setting along with a tumbler of smooth whiskey will get me just about anywhere I need to go.:yingyang:

Adriana, do you post intoxicated often??

It would explain a lot IMO.

JustMeHere
10-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I drink to feel more drunk.

Bobby Domino
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Bobby Domino - I'm impressed.
You forgot to give us your thoughts on
speed
downers
miaow miaow
aspirins
poppers
ecstasy
strichnyne

Prospero, I knew I was missing a few, especially XTC (how could I forget!!!). I felt the first list illustrated sufficiently varied descriptors, but I will oblige:

speed - poor man's coke without the edge and sexiness. great for road trips. I once drove 14 hours on 3 tanks of gas from Memphis to Wash, DC. I didn't blink once

downers (or "benzos" as we like to call them in the biz) - ruffies, valium, xanax, klonopin, quaaludes, diazepam, clonazepam are coke & speed's desert; manufactured sleep

miaow miaow - I'm assuming you're referring to Special K (ketamine) which was addressed in the previous post

aspirins - breakfast of champions; I crush them then sprinkle the power on my doughnuts

poppers - same effects as an inhalant, available in all sex shops, helps bottoms during anal sex -loosens the muscles apparently

ecstasy - euphoric and empathetic drug, you'll hug your enemies. Not a hallucinogenic as some tend to believe

strychnine - fatal in large doses. If ingested, see aspirins

Debra
11-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Some people don`t have enough confident in themself:(why they feel more security and more confidence when they drink?CAN be the cause that some of us or to shy or their personality is not so strong after few glasses their or tottaly confindet and secure in what they wants.do u know cases ?let`s hear ur opinion :)

I have a half full bottle of Southern Comfort. If you would like to, we could build some confidence together. Hahaha...

CORVETTEDUDE
11-01-2011, 05:27 AM

You have a problem....

ed_jaxon
11-01-2011, 05:40 AM
I drink to read some of these dumb threads. Not this one but others.

werwt22
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Drinking calms me. I associate drinking with good times and relaxation. It makes me feel more confident as you said, im laid back, a little more talkative. I call it stress relief. The problem sets in when you become solely dependent on alcohol to gain those things.

Prospero
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I drink, therefore I am

Stavros
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Adriana, did you grow into the habit of drinking wine with meals in Italy from the time you were small? I get the impression it is similar to France and Spain like that. In our house we were allowed a glass of wine with some water on special occasions, and I don't see drink as a confidence booster or anti-depressant, but as one of the pleasures of life; but I admit when I was in my teens I went through the excess until I lost a weekend and still don't know what happened, scary.

I drink with food, the usual accompaniments: I have tended to drink less claret in recent years, mainly because the good stuff has become hideously expensive (big demand in China), and will only splash out at Christmas or special occasions. As has been said before, Italian wine doesn't travel and they keep the best for themselves and often local wines are terrific. Argentina is currently producing some interesting Malbec; California has raised the bar on its own previously low standards and a top of the range Zinfandel has trememdous character. Eradus, a sauvignon blanc from New Zealand is easily the best white I have had in recent years -their 2009 vintage sold out.

My attitude to drugs changed when I was working in a hospital where we had a regular group of heroin addicts whose behaviour was beyond belief, and who on at least two occasions never made it out of there alive anyway -one way of being put off the hard stuff. I can go as far as old fashioned marijuana although I haven't smoked it for more than 30 years, I don't enjoy smoking anyway; all other drugs are shameful in every way, from the impact they have on the personality, to the link it creates between the user, organised crime and the men women and children who are dispossessed, tortured and murdered for a temporary pleasure -perhaps the people who think its fun to snort a line of coke should be made to head own Mexico way and buy it direct from the cartel, and maybe step over a few dead bodies on their way to their own private heaven. And before someone throws in the fate of tea-workers in Asia or coffee growers in Latin America, we buy the stuff legally -you can't buy coke legally, to buy it you must at some point break the law and become one with the cartels. Compare coke to a single Malt from Scotland, the product, not of violence, but artistry, of skill, of the management of precious resources.

Prospero
11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I can go as far as old fashioned marijuana although I haven't smoked it for more than 30 years, I don't enjoy smoking anyway; all other drugs are shameful in every way, from the impact they have on the personality, to the link it creates between the user, organised crime and the men women and children who are dispossessed, tortured and murdered for a temporary pleasure -perhaps the people who think its fun to snort a line of coke should be made to head own Mexico way and buy it direct from the cartel, and maybe step over a few dead bodies on their way to their own private heaven. And before someone throws in the fate of tea-workers in Asia or coffee growers in Latin America, we buy the stuff legally -you can't buy coke legally, to buy it you must at some point break the law and become one with the cartels. Compare coke to a single Malt from Scotland, the product, not of violence, but artistry, of skill, of the management of precious resources.:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Jericho
11-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Compare coke to a single Malt from Scotland, the product, not of violence, but artistry, of skill, of the management of precious resources.

I think you're being a bit precious there, petal.

Personally, give me the coke, I can do without the violence that ensures from the single malt (and its cousins) ...No matter what artistry or skill went in to the making of it!

dderek123
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Ignore function is useful for ignoring retards like him. All his posts are misogynistic, hateful and generally offensive.

Prospero
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I doubt if a lot of violence ensues from single malts Surely the sort who get into fights late night in Glasgow or Edinburgh are more likely to have had their systems poisoned by Johnny Walker or some such filth. Single Malt sorts sit quietly and contemplate things over their favourite peaty drink.

dderek123
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I drink like the Thais do now. Soda water and Johnny Walker with lots of ice. It's definitely lo-so but it gets me nice and mellow.

Jericho
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I doubt if a lot of violence ensues from single malts Surely the sort who get into fights late night in Glasgow or Edinburgh are more likely to have had their systems poisoned by Johnny Walker or some such filth. Single Malt sorts sit quietly and contemplate things over their favourite peaty drink.

Yah...Ok!

Prospero
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
What's the tipple of choice over there in Wales though

Jericho
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM

The tipple of choice in my part of Wales is Vodka (and truth be told, it's a bit more than a tipple)!

robertlouis
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Sheep Dip

robertlouis
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Absolutely, Prospero, or Absolut in Jericho's case.

Single malt drinking requires reverence, peace and contemplation. It's the drinker's equivalent of Zen.

Sip and savour slowly, repeat. (see what I did there?)

Jericho
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Sheep Dip

Here, try these spicy chicken wings! :whistle:

robertlouis
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Here, try these spicy chicken wings! :whistle:

It's actually a very nice if slightly obscure malt, Jericho. And there's an excellent Welsh malt called Penderyn, light and heathery, great as an aperitif.

Jericho
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I know, but I'm impatient, i couldn't wait to use it any longer! :lol:

fred41
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm assuming you don't mean Johnnie Walker Blue...it's not a single...but it's an excellent blend.

...honestly...some of you guys sound like you're eighty years old...(I don't do movies...I watch films...but only when I'm not going to the theatre...*pauses to insert snuff*..)

:)

(BTW...you guys know who you are...)

robertlouis
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm assuming you don't mean Johnnie Walker Blue...it's not a single...but it's an excellent blend.

...honestly...some of you guys sound like you're eighty years old...(I don't do movies...I watch films...but only when I'm not going to the theatre...*pauses to insert snuff*..)

:)

(BTW...you guys know who you are...)

I agree about JW Blue, and JW Black as well, but ordinary JW is unspeakable stuff.

And come on Fred, you don't have to be ancient to have an appreciation for the finer things in life - especially beautiful tgirls!

Prospero
11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh Fred... I remember well when i was 80 way back in the 1960s

ed_jaxon
11-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I drink, therefore I am

Bibo ergo sum

Dino Velvet
11-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Jack Daniels is plenty good enough for me.

Bobby Domino
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
that Sheep Dip looks delicious.

To all the connoisseurs, do you drink your single malt with ice or not at all. I've been told no to put ice in it, but then another person said that one, or two, cubes brings out the aroma/flavor.
What's the consensus?

BTW, I tried JW Blue. Wasn't impressed. Tasted like JW Black

Dino Velvet
11-01-2011, 10:32 PM
You guys are fancy. I drink like a lowlife redneck and smoke loco weed.

Doobies with Jack Palance - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLo8-UNI-Rg)

russtafa
11-01-2011, 11:04 PM
You guys are fancy. I drink like a lowlife redneck and smoke loco weed.

Doobies with Jack Palance - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLo8-UNI-Rg)
I concur with you mate i used to live by the creed of drinking,fighting and fucking and wake up in the morning with a hangover or bruisers or both lol

Stavros
11-01-2011, 11:57 PM

To all the connoisseurs, do you drink your single malt with ice or not at all. I've been told no to put ice in it, but then another person said that one, or two, cubes brings out the aroma/flavor.
What's the consensus?

I can't describe myself as a connoisseur, but I would never ever put ice in a Malt, and if it was in a blended whisky it would be when its being chased, eg a cocktail whereupon it becomes a different drink anyway, but even then it would have to be either J&B or JB Black Label -these days I find the popular blended whiskies like Teachers and Bells undrinkable.

A friend of mine of Scottish extraction (highland elite rather than Plebeian Glasgy like RobertLouis) claims her father always put a drop of water in the first glass from the bottle; probably part of some ancient supersitition.

I should probably explore Bourbon more, Parker's Heritage Collection, 10 yrs old, won an award recently. Top rated in the world was Japanese...

fred41
11-02-2011, 12:34 AM
I agree about JW Blue, and JW Black as well, but ordinary JW is unspeakable stuff.

And come on Fred, you don't have to be ancient to have an appreciation for the finer things in life - especially beautiful tgirls!

lol...okay, okay...you cornered me into a situation where I have to agree...

(but let's just say beautiful girls, that way it's all covered...)

fred41
11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh Fred... I remember well when i was 80 way back in the 1960s

young punk..:)

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 02:18 AM

What's the consensus?

Foreigners get thrown out of pubs in Scotland for putting ice in malt. Never, ever. Kills the flavour. A few drops of water, totally different, that can bring the flavours out and unlock some of the complexities of the great Islay malts especially, like Laphraoig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg.

But on the rocks? I like you a lot Bobby, but I'd have to kill you.

Debra
11-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Foreigners get thrown out of pubs in Scotland for putting ice in malt. Never, ever. Kills the flavour. A few drops of water, totally different, that can bring the flavours out and unlock some of the complexities of the great Islay malts especially, like Laphraoig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg.

But on the rocks? I like you a lot Bobby, but I'd have to kill you.

How about a very small chunk of ice? It's the same as adding a few drops of water. Isn't it?

trish
11-02-2011, 06:07 AM
How about a very small chunk of ice? It's the same as adding a few drops of water. Isn't it?Indeed, since a small chunk of ice would melt into a volume approximately one tenth its original size.

Stavros
11-02-2011, 06:15 AM
No...its the sudden change in temperature which upsets the dynamics of the liquid as it unlocks its aged secrets -I know it sounds precious but if you try it I think you will find that the warmth from your hands as they cradle the glass will nourish the spirits, and they will love you in return.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:15 AM
How about a very small chunk of ice? It's the same as adding a few drops of water. Isn't it?

No. It's cold for a start and the way it blends in with the drink is altogether different to the addition of a few drops. Malt scotch should be drunk at room temperature to enjoy all the characteristics, flavours and complexities, and the same goes for any water that's added.

As far as blended scotch is concerned, with the honourable exceptions of Bells, Famous Grouse and one or two others, you can add what you like to counter the sheer fire and overpowering sweetness.

Blended scotch is what you get drunk on, malt is for savouring and good conversation around an open fire with old friends. Come over here, Debra, and I'll take you round some of the best distilleries in Scotland and the finest scenery in the entire world.

Although it will almost certainly be raining lol.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Indeed, since a small chunk of ice would melt into a volume approximately one tenth its original size.

Now Trish, you're being mischievous. Didn't we have this debate a few months ago?

This isn't about science, my dear. This is glorious, peaty alchemy.

Debra
11-02-2011, 06:22 AM
No. It's cold for a start and the way it blends in with the drink is altogether different to the addition of a few drops. Malt scotch should be drunk at room temperature to enjoy all the characteristics, flavours and complexities, and the same goes for any water that's added.

As far as blended scotch is concerned, with the honourable exceptions of Bells, Famous Grouse and one or two others, you can add what you like to counter the sheer fire and overpowering sweetness.

Blended scotch is what you get drunk on, malt is for savouring and good conversation around an open fire with old friends. Come over here, Debra, and I'll take you round some of the best distilleries in Scotland and the finest scenery in the entire world.

Although it will almost certainly be raining lol.

Raining? I hate rain. I may have to rethink a trip to the UK. I forgot that it rains a lot over there.

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Raining? I hate rain. I may have to rethink a trip to the UK. I forgot that it rains a lot over there.

Hey! I got very wet in Connecticut and caught pneumonia in Mass!

And after all the enticements I offered all you can think of is the weather? I never thought you were a lightweight before, but now.......

Stavros
11-02-2011, 06:29 AM

And the rest -there are parts of Scotland where it rains 365 days a year...

russtafa
11-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Abo's like their wine in cask's and drink them in the hot sun =45 degree's.i like my Boags and Cascade ice cold same as my rum or burbon and when i was young speed and tequila for fighting

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:36 AM
And the rest -there are parts of Scotland where it rains 365 days a year...

....which is the selfsame rain that produces the finest liquid known to man.

Every cloud, Stavros.....

robertlouis
11-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Abo's like their wine in cask's and drink them in the hot sun =45 degree's.i like my Boags and Cascade ice cold same as my rum or burbon and when i was young speed and tequila for fighting

Boags from Tasmania - best beer in Oz!

russtafa
11-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Yeah the best brew out i love the stuff