PDA

View Full Version : Kanye Walks.............................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060124/113816364000.html

Wow

Just wow............................................

MoonAndStar
01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
im pretty sure Kanye's gonna cop some heat for the cover pic....

but what the hell... only Kanye could do this shit and get on the cover of Rolling Stone, not some hip hop rag like XXL or The Source...

do your thing Kanye... tell the haters what you tell your bitches....

"Dont Watch Me Watch T.V. This Is Pay Per View Biyatch You Gotta Pay For
This"

;~)

Skillet
01-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, Jesus Christ was a black dude. :mrgreen:

deebo
01-26-2006, 02:03 AM
he has a lot of balls LOL

brickcitybrother
01-26-2006, 06:06 AM
I heard about this coming. It was very interesting as Howard Stern did a similar shoot with Stone about 9 years ago. However his 'Christ' pic was not selected as the cover shot, as it was deemed to be too controversial by Stone's editor. Now when I heard about the West cover of Stone, I was also surprised to hear some talk about the Stern shoot and whether race was playing into the new found 'religion of the editor and the West shoot. I was glad to hear that Howard Stern himself thought that logic was stupid.

As for West himself... he's probably more free than many people on this board - myself included. He's is definitely speaks his mind (which may not necessarily be a good thing) and does not seem to cave into popular opinion (which is definitely not a bad thing).

If it was me ... I don't if I would personally agree to do such a shoot, but barring personal reasons ... he should go for all he can, while he can as fame is definitely fleeting.

http://www.planetstern.com/stern-show/howard-holy.jpg

GiaCallMe
01-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Jesus was more than likely Arabic, look where everything happened in the Bible, same place. Just my opinion.

Quinn
01-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Black! Arabic! You're kidding me, right? Everyone knows that he was Aboriginal Australian.

-Quinn

4DegreesWarmer
01-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Jesus was more than likely Arabic, look where everything happened in the Bible, same place. Just my opinion.

It's "Arab." Arabic is the language...

As for Kanye's "controversial" cover picture...who really cares? Ok, I'm sure some will sadly be baited on this one, but I seriously doubt this will be the enormous issue everyone is thinking it will be.

Hopefully, next time hip hop gets a "controversial/push the boundaries" savior...we actually get one that's saying intelligible, thoughtful things.