PDA

View Full Version : Watch my interview with Maury Povich Tuesday, Jan. 31!

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Watch me on Maury Povich Tuesday ,Jan. 31!

Hello there fellow Hungelers ;).....

For those of you who can not get enough of Allanah Starr (lord, knows I had enough of her ;), Tuesday, January 31 will air a Maury Povich interview I taped on a program about plastic surgery. The show features people who have had extensive cosmetic surgery, as well as people who have had terrible experiences with cosmetic surgery. I have been on Maury Povich several times, but this was the first time I actually got to do a sit down interview with Maury. He had an interesting interview style to say the least. My segments chronicles me prior to transformation until my last round of surgeries which I had documented myself. In the show, my face does appear swollen, as it was filmed only a month after I had undergone 9 facial procedures. SO check your listings if you want to check it out!

I wrote a lot about my experience on the show late last year when the show was filmed on the "News Section" of my website- and here is the excerot for those who are interested in reading about my experience...

" I had begun to document the process for my new reality online series that I hope to debut early next year and had extensively covered before and the aftermath of the scalpel. By chance, I got a call from The Maury Povich show four weeks post op-they were doing a show on people who have had extensive plastic surgery work and wanted me to come on and talk about my experiences. I was a bit worried because I felt my face was still swollen and I had a small complication with one of my cheek implants (it began to bleed from the inside and my face swelled up as a result) but I really wanted to actually get a chance to speak on the show (as when I have done Maury before, which has been like 7 times, it is usually modeling) and felt that a lot of talk shows neglect people who have had a lot of cosmetic surgery and are quite pleased. I figured it was too good of an opportunity to pass up, so I agreed and handed over all of my video diary of the past surgical process as well as many before pictures of me. When it finally came to film the show, I felt my face looked OK, so I was not too worried about my look on camera. I did realize I was still swollen and would come across as a bit odd from some angles. This show taping was particularly tiring. I had to do a pre story interview, the day before then had a 6:30 AM call time for the show taping the next day which means I got to sleep three hours. When it was finally my turn to be interviewed I must say that I was a bit bumed. Before me, had gone this poor woman who had a horrific experience with surgery and she had been disfigured by the doctor. Her video diary was so graphic and she cried through whole time Maury interviewed her; it was just so sad. Now imagine having to follow that up with an upbeat, transformation story of how I have had all this cosmetic surgery and I have great results and feel great. I honestly felt like shit having to do that. It was very bad timing in my opinion and not segmented properly. I think shows should definately focus on both the negative and positive aspects of plastic surgery to offer a balanced view- I just thought the positive stories should have been grouped together. When I finally came out to the audience, they cheered and the fact that I was a ts was supposed to be a secret until they showed my before pictures (thought I think some people had figured it out when Maury said I had had 300 cosmetic procedures). Still, some where shocked and amazed by the changes. Here comes the second aspect that I was disappointed with. Before the show, I was given a list of questions that Maury will likely ask. In short, he did not as one of the questions I was prepped for. I found his interview style to be a bit abrupt and aggressive. So much that he did not let me finish one sentence. He was by no means rude, but it was a very different interview style that I am used to from all of the interviews I have done. Maury Povich is obviously a very intelligent, educated man, but he came accross as he did not understand transsexualism very much.*Maybe he was just responding to his audience? The producers though were divine and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them. I am eager to see the show because I am not sure how I came across, or how I looked; I am a bit worried. I have been asked by quite a few people when the show will air, but I do not know as of yet. I promise to post it on the site as soon as I know so those of you who are interested may tune in. Plus, it will be a lot of fun to get to see my watermelon face after the surgery. The producers did a great little montage of me prior and post surgery-and it is quite graphic!"

Trogdor
01-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Awesome to hear that, Allanah! :D I'll keep an eye our for that.

By the way, you had expeirence with cosmetic surgeries in the past, I do have a few questions I'd like to ask about some of the procedures I am thinking about ( mostly minor stuff ), if that's ok to ask you about that is. :)

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Ask away! ;)

Trogdor
01-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Cool, thanks. :D

Well, I am a guy who works out regularly, eat well and I am in good shape and my stomach is flat, but it is still smooth. ( I used to weight almost 200 lbs until 1996) and it's a tiny bit of body fat I can't get rid of. It's flat and all, but still too smooth, and it's annoying me to hell and I'm thinking of maybe lipoing out and get this out of the way.

I wanna know if that would be a good procedure to take and what would I expect to pay for this. Like I said, it's only a small smidge of body fat I wanna get rid of here. And can it be done to remove it so that it's pretty much perminent washboard, especially since I do abs 3 or 4 times a week, 15 minutes per session.

Sorry if I am asking this, I am a noob with cosmetic surgery. :oops:

By the way, love the new picture. I love brunettes ^_^

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 08:09 AM
No problem dear-

Since you can not always spot reduce with weight and excersize, as you mentioned, the best alternative to solve your problem might be lipo suction.

I had full body lipo suction four years ago- from my ribs to my hips. It was very painful and the recovery was long- but I had a lot of work done and the docotr I went to is well known to be very aggressive with his lipo technique. It was well worth it, as he basically created my waist line from the back view of my body- where my waist meets my hips. And no matter if I gain weight - that shape always remains. It is an excellent procedure to get rid of the excess fat once u have lost the weight.

The price will be according to where you live, the area, and the surgeon. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU RESEARCH THE DOCOTR YOU GO TO THOROUGHLY AND TALK TO PATIENTS HE WORKED ON WHO DID THE SAME PROCEDURES WITH.

If you tellme where you are at- I might be able to recommend someone.

I suspect the price for what u are looking for will be in the range of $1500-$2,000. The recovety should not be very bad- but you will be swollend and bruised for a while and the optimum results will show fully in six months.

As well, remember that the fat cells they take out will never come back, as fat cells do not reproduce- BUT the other fat cells you are left with can enlarge and fill up with fat- hence why sometimes when people have lipo you see they get lumps when they gain weight.

Hope that helps out and any more qs- feel free to ask!

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 08:10 AM
PS

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT!

Trogdor
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
You're welcome, Allanah.

And thanks for the advice. :D

Now I live in a small town called Richmond, which is about 30 miles north of Detroit. that's near the thumb of michiga, right around where the ball of the hand would be.

By the way, ever making any appearences in Michigan?
We don't have to many celbs over here, apart from Jeff Daniels.

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
lol I have been to Troy a few times- I might return this year

I don't know any surgeons in your area but-

When considering a body contouring procedure, you want a plastic surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

their website is

www.abplsurg.org and you can contact them to find a list of certefied plastic surgeons in your area- you can then go from there and researching the surgeons in your area that are board certefied

dont be afraid to ask for pictures, and ask to talk to patients , AND ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE!!! ;)

please let me know how your research goes!

Trogdor
01-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Will do.

This is all for my passion of body building, and finally getting my health back after 5 years ( too icky to talk about, but I can PM you it later if you're curious about what it was. ) And this is all for myself, not for getting girls or anything. I've been dreaming about being a well built fellow since childhood. Plus being able to rip a phone book in half will be pretty fun too. Cause things went well untill 1999/2000 when I got sick.

And I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm also going in for a hair transplant surgery as well soon, looking at some of the members of the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgens. Got some I am gonna talk to and discuss. This pretty much will be a sort of rebirth of myself if you will.

And once again, thanks for the help and I enjoy conversing with you, and I look foreward to doing so in the future as well.

~kiss kiss~ :mrgreen:

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
darling- i wish you the best of luck!

there is not better gratification than self improvement- physical improvement being up there on my top three!

i'ts great to hear that you made a commitment to be healthier and work out and be built.

i have been through all kinds of phases in my life and was a gym rat for a while- then quit, got fat, had lipo, dieted, went on diet pills, etc. i have a very hard time with food because i have always used it as a comfort.

five months ago i made myself the commitment to return to the gym, get in better shape, and just feel better. it has was one of the best descisions i made for myself last year. i have lost weight and i have gotten more toned- but now its' not only about contuning that- it's about getting stronger and healthier and using my body to do things i sed to be too lazy to do or thought impossbile- it's almost like a daily challange i set for myself.

really, i wish you the best of luck and if you ever need a hair restoration doc- www.foundhair.com- one of the BEST in the country,

cantona5
01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
off subject a bit, but here in england i saw you (allanah) on mtv with gia. i really enjoyed the program and thought you had a really great sense of humour (and no thats not a chat-up line!). i hope i will be able to see the mauri show here in england.

good luck with everything

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 07:24 PM
ojh thanks-

we had sooooooo much fun doing that show- and it really captures the way we are all the time- throwing one liners back at each other.

i hope u catch it there too

im also trying to organize a media page on my website where viewrs will be able to see most the shows and interviews i have done

thank you again for your sincere compliment

roy404
01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
as always I will have the recorder ready for my favorite woman. Love ya Roy

George Costanza
01-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm sure that Vicki Richter has already set her Tivo for your interview with Maury! :lol:

AllanahStarrNYC
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
hey roy!

i still need to talk to you about my other talk shows!

haha george

im sure she'll enjoy it-

by the way for those of you who are wondering about my education-
according to the vicious rumors spread by some people- i did not attend a community college (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a community college) i attended a fine arts/design school for two years where i studied fashion merchandising and recieved an AA in communications. www.ifac.edu is where i attended actually because that was the only option i had open in miami, as my parents would not let me go away for school.

not that i have anything to prove- but a fact is a fact.

enjoy the show everyone

TheHA!GOTDAMNIT
01-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Allanah, I'm a huge fan I wish I could afford to get the work I dream to have done, but My funds are so low! I will be sure to tune in and continue to dream of getting the funds to improve my beauty!

AllanahStarrNYC
01-25-2006, 01:32 AM
i love mariah in the buttter lol

cute!

BeardedOne
01-25-2006, 01:36 AM
i love mariah in the buttter lol

cute!

Gotta love Land O' Lakes. :D

You are, of course, familiar with the legend of the artwork? :wink:

AllanahStarrNYC
01-25-2006, 01:50 AM
it would be hot to a 'land o lakes' photo shoot then get fucked using the butter as lube hehe

i just love camp!

roy404
01-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Check Maury's site on-go to daily clips-then tuesday.
She looks great and will be the star of the show.
Roy

tsluvaman
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
You're my fantasy! Que bella eres! Do you ever travel to Chicago? :P