PDA

View Full Version : why do girls not write me back on plentyoffish.com

Boardwalkempire
10-17-2011, 06:09 AM
I just don't get it. I'm writting gg females. I don't come off as creepy. I don't talk about sex. I read there bio and say something positive about it. I want a relationship. I come off as a non threatning guy who just wants to talk if nothing else.
I'm a decent looking guy, 6ft tall in shape, I'm a us marine for christsakes! Lol
Girls talk about love, but how are you going to ever meet the one if you can't even have a simple coco with a stranger over the internet. It's not like i can bite over the web lol.
#StartingToGiveUpOnLove :(

Silcc69
10-17-2011, 06:43 AM
I just don't get it. I'm writting gg females. I don't come off as creepy. I don't talk about sex. I read there bio and say something positive about it. I want a relationship. I come off as a non threatning guy who just wants to talk if nothing else.
I'm a decent looking guy, 6ft tall in shape, I'm a us marine for christsakes! Lol
Girls talk about love, but how are you going to ever meet the one if you can't even have a simple coco with a stranger over the internet. It's not like i can bite over the web lol.

That site has a ton of nice looking ladies on it but I haven't out my pic out nor have I completed my profile. Maybe you should come off as an asshole rather than a nice guy but idk.

Boardwalkempire
10-17-2011, 06:57 AM
That site has a ton of nice looking ladies on it but I haven't out my pic out nor have I completed my profile. Maybe you should come off as an asshole rather than a nice guy but idk.

That's a good idea. But I'm not sure how to come off as the good type if asswhole.

Any ideas on how to be the ass whole that gets chicks

MdR Dave
10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
That's a good idea. But I'm not sure how to come off as the good type if asswhole.

Any ideas on how to be the ass whole that gets chicks

Being good looking helps. Being rich helps a lot.

And spelling counts. Even if you're an "asswhole".

BluegrassCat
10-17-2011, 07:13 AM
And spelling counts. Even if you're an "asswhole".

Yep, spelling matters. At that stage women aren't looking for reasons to date you but reasons to disqualify you and a misspelled word could be that excuse. Especially if you're messaging hot in-demand women who get tons of messages.

Why not post one your approaches on here so everyone can rip-you-a-new-asshole, ahem, I mean help.

MdR Dave
10-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Why not post one your approaches on here so everyone can rip-you-a-new-asshole, ahem, I mean help.

Capital idea, BC! That could be fun.

Boardwalkempire
10-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Lol give me a quick sec ill find one of my mesg that I sent

Boardwalkempire
10-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I sent this to a hot chick. She did not respond.

Hey how was your weekend?
I read your bio and you seemed like a cool person to talk to if nothing else..
My mother works in medicine and she loves her job. There are a lot of opportunities out there for you =)

Anyway I'm Robbie, I'm not a creep lol and will probably never meet you lol so if you just wabt to chat I'm here :)

Ps your very beautiful
Hope to hear from you soon.

BREAK.
Ok how was that?

bobvela
10-17-2011, 07:31 AM
While PlentyOfFish tends to be a sizable site... they don't do much more than just host profiles... another free site actually does some data mining on their site and will from time to time blog about what they find... such as what to say in an opening email (http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/online-dating-advice-exactly-what-to-say-in-a-first-message/).

Dkg
10-17-2011, 07:38 AM

You know what's funny? I could have wrote this exact same post.

The problem is simple. Women are stupid. They go on plenty of fish looking for the guy that checks their EVERY box.
Good Looking?
Height/Weight?
Location?
Profession?
What You're Looking for (are you looking for serious relationship)?

If you don't check off perfectly in every one of these categpries (plus the other ones I didn't mention) you simply won't get a reply. Why? b/c they believe if they keep looking the right one will come along eventually

It's basically like shopping to them. Guys are much less "picky" but women are trying to find their perfect dream guy and it ain't happening. Besides, they get bombarded by dozens of mails so unless you look perfect to them they won't even bother to see if you check the other boxes.

This is why Internet dating doesn't work, esp on free sites. Don't bother with that site. There's a reason it's free. I have no idea if TS women are on there but I doubt it.

edit: If you REALLY want replies, go for the ugly chicks. If you want to meet women, go out to singles events, or out to clubs. It really isn't easy meeting people this day and age but you definitely have to get out there, and don't be afraid to approach a woman with casual conversation.

bobvela
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
This is why Internet dating doesn't work, esp on free sites. Don't bother with that site. There's a reason it's free.

Really? My GF (GG) would disagree I'd expect as she found me on PoF back in January. Granted... PoF has been one of my least fav sites over the years, I have met a number of good & interesting people there.

Boardwalkempire
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
You know what's funny? I could have wrote this exact same post.

The problem is simple. Women are stupid. They go on plenty of fish looking for the guy that checks their EVERY box.
Good Looking?
Height/Weight?
Location?
Profession?
What You're Looking for (are you looking for serious relationship)?

If you don't check off perfectly in every one of these categpries (plus the other ones I didn't mention) you simply won't get a reply. Why? b/c they believe if they keep looking the right one will come along eventually

It's basically like shopping to them. Guys are much less "picky" but women are trying to find their perfect dream guy and it ain't happening. Besides, they get bombarded by dozens of mails so unless you look perfect to them they won't even bother to see if you check the other boxes.

This is why Internet dating doesn't work, esp on free sites. Don't bother with that site. There's a reason it's free. I have no idea if TS women are on there but I doubt it.

edit: If you REALLY want replies, go for the ugly chicks. If you want to meet women, go out to singles events, or out to clubs. It really isn't easy meeting people this day and age but you definitely have to get out there, and don't be afraid to approach a woman with casual conversation.

You are 100 PERCENT RIGHT. So what sites do you recomend? Any good sites to meet transexuals?

MdR Dave
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
You are 100 PERCENT RIGHT. So what sites do you recomend? Any good sites to meet transexuals?

What city are you in? Get to the nearest club!

BluegrassCat
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM

My mother works in medicine and she loves her job. There are a lot of opportunities out there for you =)

Anyway I'm Robbie, I'm not a creep lol and will probably never meet you lol so if you just wabt to chat I'm here :)

Ps your very beautiful

BREAK.
Ok how was that?

Don't deny being a creep, it sounds like you've been accused of being one. And don't mention your mom directly, just say family. But above all, be attractive.

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/sexual-harassment-and-you.html

Quiet Reflections
10-17-2011, 08:07 AM
I agree with Bluegrass. Talking about your mother right away is a huge turn off for girls. You never want them to think your a mommas boy, even if you are. The creep thing is true too. Only a creep would say "Hey, Im not a creep.....trust me".

MdR Dave
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Ooh, and if you have anything chronic be sure to say you haven't had a flare up in a long time. Or use the phrase "responds well to medication".

Dkg
10-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Hmm, let's see. if you want to meet people online and you have no choice (b/c of work or where you live) then I'd suggest going with one of the pay sites, and being ultra realistic about who you're going to meet there.

As far as transsexuals, no idea. Most transsexuals I've met are "in the industry". Though I've only met a few. You'd probably be best off going to the clubs for that one. The ones who are looking online may be older and more like transvestites/crossdressers. Looking for transsexuals who could "pass" is even harder than looking for GGs. If you're not in a major city don't even bother. Where do you live; city?

BigDF
10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
#StartingToGiveUpOnLove :(I've got a little suggestion for you, Marine. The squiggly red lines under the words you're typing are warnings of misspelled words. If you move your cursor over these and right click, you will get a list of correctly spelled words to choose from. :geek:

mealticket
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
some things that stand out to me in that message you sent to the hot chick. You should never talk about your mom in the first email, don't say ur not a creep, don't tell a girl how hot she is because every message she gets probably says this, don't talk about how u could never meet her, lastly your message is way too boring, it is generic, you need to throw in a fun story about ur weekend, exaggerate if you must. Make yourself sound interesting. Lastly the fact that you are a marine might push some girls away because they know you will be traveling a lot. good luck. I am on okcupid and get tons of responses.

buckjohnson
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I've got a little suggestion for you, Marine. The squiggly red lines under the words you're typing are warnings of misspelled words. If you move your cursor over these and right click, you will get a list of correctly spelled words to choose from. :geek:
Great advice BigDF.

I meet females from CL. Quality sucks but quantityis unlimited. :)

My man, all I have met on dating sites have been stalkers, brief FWB, and big tiities fatty bottoms desparate girls. And this was in the 90's. Have not visited since then, but can't imagine it is any better.

When i was in the serivce, I always found a local for LTR and other service members for the other things to take care of the lonely nights. Stay away from free dating sites, or any dating sites. It is like the old saying, any club that accepts me as a member is a club I do not want to belong to (paraphrase)

tsdvdman
10-17-2011, 03:48 PM
It's simple..POF is just a dating playground...a jump off site. Don't look for anything serious on there,,if it happens so be it..but just log in... go "fishing" and have fun. I'v,e met so many women..a couple of them are now colleagues in my business and have met each other. I rarely go on the site these days..never changed my profile or pics,,don't initiate correspondence anymore and still get hit up on a regular basis. Think of it as just trying to add a little more spice to your life as opposed to looking for "the one". Because believe me,,if she is attractive and really got it goin on like her profile says,,you are just another dude in the long list of dating prospects she has. One last thing..act busy. If you always available (whether it's true or not) you are looked at like a loser.

Nicole Dupre
10-17-2011, 04:20 PM
You go around introducing yourself to adults, never mind women you want to hook up with, as "Robbie"? lol

The only guys who can get away with stuff like that, for me anyway, would be professionals who are trying to downplay any intimidation factor, which I would think was cute and endearing. Like let's say Mickey Rourke, before he took too many steroids. (I have a thing for him at that point... Anyway...) A guy like that is a boxer and he goes drinking with the Hells Angels. So him calling himself Mickey instead of Mick or Mike or Michael... That's cute. :) I like that. That means my man could probably break your jaw if you speak rudely to me, but he's still my big teddy bear. :)

But when a guy picks an HBO series for his username, and talks about his mother's health issues, and calls himself Robbie? Good lord. I'm writing you off as a real-life Norman Bates.

I don't take guys trying to hook up online very seriously anyway. 99% of you are full of shit.

Kevin Dong
10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
If chicks are not replying to your messages: get in better shape. I don't care what you write in your profile except it has to be sincere and funny. Don't post shirtless pics. Don't post pics of your gun, car, bike, etc. Don't pose with idiots. Don't throw up gang signs, 20 pictures of your bag of weed, or the middle finger. Post pictures of yourself smiling and having a good time. Better yet, get a friend that knows how to photograph to do a photoshoot for you with good lighting. You would be surprised what difference a polished profile will make for you! I know because I used to partake in online dating and had the same issue.

mealticket
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Great advice BigDF.

I meet females from CL. Quality sucks but quantityis unlimited. :)

My man, all I have met on dating sites have been stalkers, brief FWB, and big tiities fatty bottoms desparate girls. And this was in the 90's. Have not visited since then, but can't imagine it is any better.

When i was in the serivce, I always found a local for LTR and other service members for the other things to take care of the lonely nights. Stay away from free dating sites, or any dating sites. It is like the old saying, any club that accepts me as a member is a club I do not want to belong to (paraphrase)

Things have definitely changed with online dating from the 90s. There are actually a lot of beautiful women trying out the online dating scene. Online dating is not as taboo as it once was with all the social networks out there now. Of course there are still the unattractive girls on there but there are some gems out there too u just gotta weed out the bad ones. Also, I have noticed a lot of milfs so if u don't mind kids ur in.

francisfkudrow
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM

Ps your very beautiful

BREAK.
Ok how was that?

Well, I have no luck with plentyoffish either, but I think I see one problem here. By saying "I'm not a creep", it gets your audience thinking about creeps, and whether or not you are one. It's just like when Richard Nixon said "I'm not a crook" it made many people think "yeah he is".

jerseyboy72
10-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Pof is the shit.

BluegrassCat
10-18-2011, 12:25 AM

Ps your very beautiful

BREAK.
Ok how was that?

I don't know you, BWE, but you seem like a good sport, dude. So the following is gonna sound real harsh but it's meant to be funny and not a reflection of you so much as a woman might perceive it. Here's how I imagine a jaded over-messaged woman might read the above message:

"Hi, I'm forcing intimacy.
I read your bio and I want nothing else but sex from you.
I love my mom. Maybe you can be my new mom.
Anyway, I'm a creep and I've watched you from afar and would love to fap during a chat session.

I actually just finished fapping to your pictures.
Hope to hear from you soon."

But don't sweat it dude, internet approaches are cheap and mean next to nothing. Trying chatting up girls in person, no chance for spelling mistakes there.

Nicole Dupre
10-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't know you, BWE, but you seem like a good sport, dude. So the following is gonna sound real harsh but it's meant to be funny and not a reflection of you so much as a woman might perceive it. Here's how I imagine a jaded over-messaged woman might read the above message:

Anyway, I'm a creep and I've watched you from afar and would love to fap during a chat session.

But don't sweat it dude, internet approaches are cheap and mean next to nothing. Trying chatting up girls in person, no chance for spelling mistakes there.

LMAO

Girls often can't even keep up with all the random guys flirting with them in person. So starting to keep track of pen pals is beyond unrealistic.

BC is right. strike up conversations in person. Nothing beats chemistry. On paper, you're not making such a great impression in my rarely humble opinion. lol

jerseyboy72
10-18-2011, 01:22 AM
My advice dont make the first contact. They have 2 contact u first and if u r really good looking they will.

Boardwalkempire
10-18-2011, 03:15 AM

LOL that was funny, I'm not taking anything personal. I'm learning. I usually don't have a hard.time but because where I am at now for my job I'm kind of having trouble just meeting people.

Ill give your guys tips a shot, if that doesn't work ill go back to the old fashion way of meeting people.

Thanks everybody.

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 03:24 AM
LOL that was funny, I'm not taking anything personal. I'm learning. I usually don't have a hard.time but because where I am at now for my job I'm kind of having trouble just meeting people.

Ill give your guys tips a shot, if that doesn't work ill go back to the old fashion way of meeting people.

Thanks everybody.

Shit, BWE, please tell us you're not sitting in that underground desert bunker where two of you have control of the big red button..... :hide-1:

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 03:25 AM
LMAO

"in my rarely humble opinion."

Perfect, Nicole. LMAO

gaga99
10-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Plentyoffish is probably the easiest site to meet people on. I don't even send messages, just log on to show up in the recent search & I get tons of messages. Change your pics bro.