PDA

View Full Version : Scars & Injuries

Erika1487
10-17-2011, 04:28 AM
I will go first

1 inch scar under right eye. Fell down flight of basement stairs chaising a wiffle ball at my uncles house landed on a broken beer bottle 10 stiches. age 7
Scar 1/4 inch right knee Shot my self in the knee with 22Cal long rifle hunting mishap. age 11

Broken collar bone two places playing football in 7th grade 4th game of the season, gang tackled on our own 42yrd line. (Fullback at the time) seven yard gain, missed rest of season :( Age 13

1 1/2inch Scar left wrist. Welding mishap (no gloves on) Age 14

Three concussions in High school football at Fullback & Nose tackle.

3/4 inch scar left index finger. Rolled my 1978 Grand Prix over 60mi on ohio state rt 143 busted out driver side window with hand to get out ,also had a concussion and three chipped teeth. Age 17 (thats four concussions before 18!)

Herniated L4 L5 disk (low back) Fell off flat bed trailer trying to tarp a 30,000lb steel coil. Age 25

Well that wraps it up I guess how about you?

Silcc69
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Wow this is an interesting subject.

BellaBellucci
10-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Fascinating.

Well, no. Not really.

~BB~

Erika1487
10-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Fascinating.

Well, no. Not really.

~BB~

Aww no battle scars Bella?

AmyDaly
10-17-2011, 04:40 AM
I got a scar on my chin that's almost gone. I got it when I was skating home at 3 am from sneaking to see my girlfriend in high school. It had rained earlier on in the night and the rain filled up the pot holes in the street. I went down a really steep hill, hit a pothole and went flying face first into the pavement. Some lady was standing outside smoking and saw it happen. She gave me a ride home and I had to wake up my mom to take me to the hospital. I had like 5 or 6 stiches in my face for a while. It looked pretty bad lol. Having a skating injury on my face was good for picking up other girls at school though lol

Erika1487
10-17-2011, 04:51 AM
I got a scar on my chin that's almost gone. I got it when I was skating home at 3 am from sneaking to see my girlfriend in high school. It had rained earlier on in the night and the rain filled up the pot holes in the street. I went down a really steep hill, hit a pothole and went flying face first into the pavement. Some lady was standing outside smoking and saw it happen. She gave me a ride home and I had to wake up my mom to take me to the hospital. I had like 5 or 6 stiches in my face for a while. It looked pretty bad lol. Having a skating injury on my face was good for picking up other girls at school though lol

Skaters always shred themselves up! I had a buddy that skated in H.S his shins and knees where always scarred and bleeding! I always had respect for skaters they where a pretty tuff bunch, when they weren't stoned! lol

Jericho
10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Too many (mental and physical) :shrug

MrBlonde
10-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Sorry can't resist :)

Scars Scene - Jaws Movie (1975) - HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLjNzwEULG8&feature=relmfu)

MrBlonde
10-17-2011, 05:31 AM
and

RocknRolla (2008) Tough Guys - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzfNxQBr6Q4&feature=related)

robertlouis
10-17-2011, 06:43 AM
or even....

" ' Tis only a flesh wound." lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

MdR Dave
10-17-2011, 07:14 AM
My body is a constellation of scars tracing my life's outline.

The best is 14 inches long- decades old and still noticeable. When a girl traces it with her nails and asks for the story- well, I quickly occupy her with other things. It's too jagged to pass off as surgical and I'm not going to lie, especially when we're naked.

It's true though- chicks dig scars.

Dino Velvet
10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
You've heard of Scarface? I'm Scarhead.

robertlouis
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Told you before Dino - don't try to shave your head when you're stoned.

BellaBellucci
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
or even....

NONE shall pass. :twisted:

~BB~

robertlouis
10-17-2011, 09:01 AM
NONE shall pass. :twisted:

~BB~

"Oh all right. Call it a draw then." :Bowdown:

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 02:19 AM
My body is a constellation of scars tracing my life's outline.

The best is 14 inches long- decades old and still noticeable. When a girl traces it with her nails and asks for the story- well, I quickly occupy her with other things. It's too jagged to pass off as surgical and I'm not going to lie, especially when we're naked.

It's true though- chicks dig scars.

Damn 14inches thats big scar Dave! I am assuming there was a 'tad' bit of blood loss there..

Ahh Dino my friend I thought you would have a story that would rival Danny Trejo: as Machete!

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 02:22 AM
or even....

I would assume that most of England's scars come from the lack of midfield play in the World Cup:whistle:

Mayrah
10-18-2011, 02:27 AM
I fell like 6 times on my right elbow from skateboarding when i was 12. Now its just scarred skin :p

Dino Velvet
10-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Ahh Dino my friend I thought you would have a story that would rival Danny Trejo: as Machete!

Not too interesting. My life consists of me getting hit in the head and me hitting things with my head. I never learn and forget more every day.

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Not too interesting. My life consists of me getting hit in the head and me hitting things with my head. I never learn and forget more every day.

Me too my friend me too. The four concussions I had before 18 honestly kind of worry me the older I get. I have a friend who played in college and had 6 of them in H.S. and another 3 in college. He has alot of problems with memory and balance. That's the kind of sad thing about football, everyone likes sausage, no wants to see it being made :/

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I would assume that most of England's scars come from the lack of midfield play in the World Cup:whistle:

Could be, Erika. As I keep reminding people I'm a Scot. :dancing:

As it happens, my worst sporting injury put an end to what was, seriously, a promising rugby career - got into the district pools for Scotland and I was being mentioned as a possibility for international duty. I always played as a back, usually inside centre and occasionally fly-half, but got sandwiched in the mud on a filthy by two very large and evil forwards down at Melrose who compressed my spine and crushed three vertebrae. I was immobilised in hospital for three months while they debated if I'd walk again. Thankfully, after a series of ops, I can, and am back to full health. I've never been on a rugby pitch since, though. All physical contact sports are a major no-no (insert your own punchline here...). These days I still play tennis, which was always my best sport anyway, but I miss the ten years more I could have played rugby and wonder about what might have been.

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:06 AM

Ahh the plot thickens. So whats the deal with Scottish Bank notes in England? I have heard they are legal in some areas and not legal in others:confused:

Dino Velvet
10-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Me too my friend me too. The four concussions I had before 18 honestly kind of worry me the older I get. I have a friend who played in college and had 6 of them in H.S. and another 3 in college. He has alot of problems with memory and balance. That's the kind of sad thing about football, everyone likes sausage, no wants to see it being made :/

I not only have no idea how many concussions I've had but I don't think I could give you an accurate number of how many times I've been knocked unconscious. There's a good reason no law enforcement would take me. I'm a big goofy fuck.

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:13 AM

As it happens, my worst sporting injury put an end to what was, seriously, a promising rugby career - got into the district pools for Scotland and I was being mentioned as a possibility for international duty. I always played as a back, usually inside centre and occasionally fly-half, but got sandwiched in the mud on a filthy by two very large and evil forwards down at Melrose who compressed my spine and crushed three vertebrae. I was immobilised in hospital for three months while they debated if I'd walk again. Thankfully, after a series of ops, I can, and am back to full health. I've never been on a rugby pitch since, though. All physical contact sports are a major no-no (insert your own punchline here...). These days I still play tennis, which was always my best sport anyway, but I miss the ten years more I could have played rugby and wonder about what might have been.

Whoa! Thats pretty kicks ass Robert I had no idea you played rugby. :)
Sorry about your injury, but at least you still :fuckin: and play tennis, or :fuckin: a hot tennis chick at midcourt ;)

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Ahh the plot thickens. So whats the deal with Scottish Bank notes in England? I have heard they are legal in some areas and not legal in others:confused:

Scottish £1 and £5 notes are legal tender in England, which really pisses people off because down here they did away with the £1 note years ago and just have the coins instead. [Incidentally, when are you going to do the same in the US? It would save your treasury $$$Bs].

All Scottish notes above £5 are not legal tender but can still be accepted and exchanged at a bank.

And back home we mug English tourists as a matter of course so its a good way to get our hands on hard currency....:dancing:

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Whoa! Thats pretty kicks ass Robert I had no idea you played rugby. :)
Sorry about your injury, but at least you still :fuckin: and play tennis, or :fuckin: a hot tennis chick at midcourt ;)

Rugby is a man's game - no padding - so when you get a bad injury it can be serious. I have two friends back home in wheelchairs with injuries following scrum collapses.

Can't recall if I did ever screw someone on a tennis court. Have done in a clubhouse, though. :party:

Bobby Domino
10-18-2011, 03:26 AM
1/2inch scar smack in the middle of my forehead and another 1/2inch scar perpendicular to that one (yes, it makes a cross) - playing soccer on a balcony, couldn't stop to make the bend and ran directly into the corner cast-iron post. Age 4

massive skin graft under left arm - slipped off a sidewalk as a city bus pulled away. My tricep got caught under the tire and the muscle popped out of the skin. Picked myself up (I was incredibly embarrassed, of course), called 911 from a pay-phone & then passed out on a bench bleeding everywhere. Age 14

small hematoma on forehead over left eye - got hit with a baseball bat during a fight. Age 15

brand of a perfect circle on upper-right arm - done by a friend. Age 19

brand of 4 stripes on outer forearm - used the edge of a wood oven; self-induced. Age 20

2inch scar in palm of right hand - stabbed in a knife fight. Age 22

Indent in lower left leg - car accident in Guatemala. Age 25

multiple broken bones in right hand - fighting. no clue how my fingers work. Age 13-35

chopped off the tip of my index finger & middle finger on right hand (it grew back, both times!!!) - cutting veggies. Age 30, 34

EDIT: You should see the other guys...

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Scottish £1 and £5 notes are legal tender in England, which really pisses people off because down here they did away with the £1 note years ago and just have the coins instead. [Incidentally, when are you going to do the same in the US? It would save your treasury $$$Bs].

All Scottish notes above £5 are not legal tender but can still be accepted and exchanged at a bank.

And back home we mug English tourists as a matter of course so its a good way to get our hands on hard currency....:dancing:
lol I had a friend from Edinburgh years ago. She said the tourists are pretty unbearable most of the time.

Can't recall if I did ever screw someone on a tennis court. Have done in a clubhouse, though. :party: :cheers: My friend

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:30 AM
I not only have no idea how many concussions I've had but I don't think I could give you an accurate number of how many times I've been knocked unconscious. There's a good reason no law enforcement would take me. I'm a big goofy fuck.

Didn't I read you where a bouncer in TX at one point a while back some where on the fourm? Bouncers take a hellva beating and in TX its just another FRI OR SAT night to fight it out.

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:35 AM
1/2inch scar smack in the middle of my forehead and another 1/2inch scar perpendicular to that one (yes, it makes a cross) - playing soccer on a balcony, couldn't stop to make the bend and ran directly into the corner cast-iron post. Age 4

massive skin graft under left arm - slipped off a sidewalk as a city bus pulled away. My tricep got caught under the tire and the muscle popped out of the skin. Picked myself up (I was incredibly embarrassed, of course), called 911 from a pay-phone & then passed out on a bench bleeding everywhere. Age 14

small hematoma on forehead over left eye - got hit with a baseball bat during a fight. Age 15

brand of a perfect circle on upper-right arm - done by a friend. Age 19

brand of 4 stripes on outer forearm - used the edge of a wood oven; self-induced. Age 20

2inch scar in palm of right hand - stabbed in a knife fight. Age 22

Indent in lower left leg - car accident in Guatemala. Age 25

multiple broken bones in right hand - fighting. no clue how my fingers work. Age 13-35

chopped off the tip of my index finger & middle finger on right hand (it grew back, both times!!!) - cutting veggies. Age 30, 34

EDIT: You should see the other guys...

Damn Bobby That Tricep injury :yayo: I see you have been in a few scrums too I see ;)

onmyknees
10-18-2011, 03:42 AM
None of the scars I have are of the "good story" variety. They all hurt like fuck, including the shank scar under my right arm on the chest. Too close for comfort. They do serve as reminders of a guardian angel or some other mythological form of protection, but other than that...i'd rather forget the events that caused them.

FreddieGomez
10-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I will go first

1 inch scar under right eye. Fell down flight of basement stairs chaising a wiffle ball at my uncles house landed on a broken beer bottle 10 stiches. age 7
Scar 1/4 inch right knee Shot my self in the knee with 22Cal long rifle hunting mishap. age 11

Broken collar bone two places playing football in 7th grade 4th game of the season, gang tackled on our own 42yrd line. (Fullback at the time) seven yard gain, missed rest of season :( Age 13

1 1/2inch Scar left wrist. Welding mishap (no gloves on) Age 14

Three concussions in High school football at Fullback & Nose tackle.

3/4 inch scar left index finger. Rolled my 1978 Grand Prix over 60mi on ohio state rt 143 busted out driver side window with hand to get out ,also had a concussion and three chipped teeth. Age 17 (thats four concussions before 18!)

Herniated L4 L5 disk (low back) Fell off flat bed trailer trying to tarp a 30,000lb steel coil. Age 25

Well that wraps it up I guess how about you?

you sound like there's nothing feminine about you period!

Bobby Domino
10-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Damn Bobby That Tricep injury :yayo: I see you have been in a few scrums too I see ;)

About that tricep - The doctors thought I got shot. That's how bad the trauma was.
I still have a hole in my arm from where they had to snip off the exploded muscle.
I've seen what damage looks like, so I'm a pacifist.
I don't like fighting, but I don't mind pain.:praying:

FistFuk
10-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Interesting topic, although I'm not posting this as a response to the OP (who seems to be mental), just providing information on the subject.

I've had three "scars", and they all disappeared eventually. I heal well.

Numerous injuries, nothing permanent. I've never been sent to the hospital (except that time a nail hit me in the head, but it didn't get past my skull, just needed a Tetanus shot to be safe).

True story ;)

robertlouis
10-18-2011, 03:51 AM
About that tricep - The doctors thought I got shot. That's how bad the trauma was.
I still have a hole in my arm from where they had to snip off the exploded muscle.
I've seen what damage looks like, so I'm a pacifist.
I don't like fighting, but I don't mind pain.:praying:

After reading your impressive and slightly scary list, Bobby, I wonder if you have to wear a mask when you go out lol?

Bobby Domino
10-18-2011, 03:55 AM
After reading your impressive and slightly scary list, Bobby, I wonder if you have to wear a mask when you go out lol?

My mother still loves me :)

RL, this Halloween, I'm going out as my past, lol.

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 03:56 AM
None of the scars I have are of the "good story" variety. They all hurt like fuck, including the shank scar under my right arm on the chest. Too close for comfort. They do serve as reminders of a guardian angel or some other mythological form of protection, but other than that...i'd rather forget the events that caused them.

Eeegad a shank to the chest you are a lucky man OMK, you know what they say ...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger ;)

Erika1487
10-18-2011, 04:02 AM
you sound like there's nothing feminine about you period!

SMH Freddie. That was a past life my friend I am a diffrent person now, and am a hellva alot more carefull than I used to be. Oh BTW what kind of injury have you had besides stubbing your toe getting off the MTA B13?