View Full Version : News of the World: Britain's youngest ever transsexual

Hara_Juku Tgirl
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
News of the World

REAL LIFE EXCLUSIVE:

Britain's youngest ever transsexual tells how NHS ended years of torment

SEX OP TURNED ME INTO GIRL AT JUST 17

By Gemma Calvert

A GLAMOROUS college student today reveals how she became the youngest transsexual in Britain.

Angel Paris-Jordan was just 17 when she was granted a sex-change op on the NHS.

She tells the News of the World how her loving parents helped her in her battle to convince doctors she was a girl trapped in the body of a schoolboy.

And she lifts the lid on how she even tried to change sex herself as a NINE-YEAR-OLD—by secretly taking her mum Susan's HRT pills.

"Some people might frown about how young I was when I had it done—but as far as I'm concerned it was 17 years too late," says Angel, now 21, who started life as Oliver Wheadon.

"I had been trapped in the wrong skin since birth. Now I can be the woman I always wanted to be."

But only after years of torment. As a young boy Angel was BULLIED at secondary school for wearing girl's clothes and SECTIONED under the Mental Health Act at just 14 after self-harming, slashing her arms and developing anorexia.

Even as a primary school pupil she knew she didn't want to be Oliver.

"I called myself Olive. I'd dress up in Mum's clothes at home and wear leggings to school," she says.

Her mum Susan, 59—a carer for cerebral palsy sufferers—says: "Oliver was always a mammy's boy.

Angel's fantasy world was to be smashed by her primary school head when she was nine.

"He told me, ‘Stop playing around. You're a boy, not a cissy'," she says. "I went from happy to sad in a flash. I realised I was trapped in a body I hated."

So little Oliver decided to try to change sex himself. Angel explains: "I knew my mum had these pills that she once told me were specially for women. I began sneaking them." They were hormone replacement therapy (HRT) tablets to combat the menopause.

"When I was 11 I learned about other pills that reduce testosterone. I bought them on the internet using my mum's credit card," says Angel.

"I often necked back ten a day because I thought the thing between my legs would drop off. Instead it shrank—but my breasts got bigger."

Angel's feminine body led to severe bullying at her school, The Nelson Thomlinson in Wigton, Cumbria.

"Everyone tore the hell out of me. A teacher even called me a ‘he/she' in front of pupils. I'd cry my eyes out."

Angel plummeted into depression, became anorexic in a bid to stunt her body growth, and began self-harming.

In June 1999 she was sectioned. Then mum Susan and company director dad George, 57, stepped in to help their despairing child. Susan says: "It hit me like a bullet when I found out Oliver wanted to be a girl but looking back it all fits into place.

"I never thought twice about giving my consent for the sex-change operation. But it was the sooner the better for my child's mental stability. It was hard saying goodbye to Oliver though."

In June 1999 Susan contacted London-based gender psychiatrist Russell Reid who diagnosed Oliver with gender dysphoria and prescribed hormone therapy.

Then urological surgeon Timothy Terry saw Oliver at Leicester's Nuffield Hospital and gave the go-ahead for the sex-swap after Angel proved she could live as a woman for 18 months.

Mr Terry told us last night: "Angel is the youngest transsexual I've operated on and probably the youngest ever in the country.

"Although she was quite young she fitted all the criteria so I never had any second thoughts. The recommendations from psychiatrists were very strong."

The family's local Primary Care Trust agreed to pay for the £7,290 operation and on February 20, 2002 Angel was admitted to the Nuffield for surgery. Angel says: "I remember my first walk outside as a woman. I felt like the final piece of the jigsaw had been fitted."

Angel is now studying English and psychology at Carlisle College. She has a boyfriend, Post Office driver Martin, 35, who had no idea she was a transsexual when he met her.

"It was a shock when she told me but there's nothing manly about her at all," said Martin. "Angel is all woman."

Which is just the way she feels. "What was so negative is now so positive," she says.

"It's amazing how a life can turn around sodramatically."

Source: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news3.shtml[/quote]
__________________________________________________ ___________

Just another interesting read and something to share. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

Legend
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Although i know nothing of what a transgender person goes through everyday,i really think that was a good decision for her to make poor girl went through hell and she feels her life has changed dramatically so more power to her. I really enjoy news like this

brickcitybrother
01-25-2006, 05:32 AM
I wonder when a person is legally considered an adult in Britain.

Trogdor
01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
I wonder when a person is legally considered an adult in Britain.

I think it's 16.

Those brits have it made XD

katieftv
01-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Depends for what. 16/18/21 years of age
For instance to drink in a bar 18 years old to fight for your country 16 years old. Strange hey? Katie x

Trogdor
01-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Depends for what. 16/18/21 years of age
For instance to drink in a bar 18 years old to fight for your country 16 years old. Strange hey? Katie x

amazing how you're an adult in some areas, yet....not an adult in others areas.

America's worse.....at 18 you can fight and die for the country, yet NO BOOZE for another 3 years........makes no sence to me. :roll:

Guess the goverments like their cannon fodder....er, I mean soldiers, to be young for some reason.

BeardedOne
01-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Guess the goverments like their cannon fodder....er, I mean soldiers, to be young for some reason.

They like them sober so they can shoot straight. Hence the 21yo drinking age.

But hey, that's a guess.

Someone gave me a 1934 booklet on statutory law that showed the legal age of consent in Delaware to be 8 (Eight. As in between seven and nine). Answers a lot of questions about this state. :shock:

Kudos to the young lady Brit. :claps

Trogdor
01-26-2006, 01:22 AM

They like them sober so they can shoot straight. Hence the 21yo drinking age.

But hey, that's a guess.

Someone gave me a 1934 booklet on statutory law that showed the legal age of consent in Delaware to be 8 (Eight. As in between seven and nine). Answers a lot of questions about this state. :shock:

Kudos to the young lady Brit. :claps

age is 14 in hawaii if i am not mistaken.

Wish I was there when I was 14. :D

BeardedOne
01-26-2006, 02:07 AM

Really. Oh, what a wasted childhood I had. :roll:

Trogdor
01-26-2006, 07:44 AM

Really. Oh, what a wasted childhood I had. :roll:

So was mine. :P

outlawfred
09-21-2006, 03:40 AM
"Depends for what. 16/18/21 years of age
For instance to drink in a bar 18 years old to fight for your country 16 years old. Strange hey? Katie x"

wrong - join army 17, fight for country 18, drink 16, marry 16, vote 18, suicide bomber 17 (7/7) in UK